PDA

View Full Version : Giles, Kennard, Allen and Bolden

CharlestonDave
02-05-2017, 01:34 AM
I saw in a mock draft , which probably means zilch this time of year , that Giles and Kennard were top 20 picks . There was no mention of Bolden or Allen anywhere in the draft.

Out of the 4 mentioned above do you think anyone of them will stay another year ?

Thank you .

ricks68
02-05-2017, 01:56 AM
I saw in a mock draft , which probably means zilch this time of year , that Giles and Kennard were top 20 picks . There was no mention of Bolden or Allen anywhere in the draft.

Out of the 4 mentioned above do you think anyone of them will stay another year ?

Thank you .

There isn't much left of that horse except for the bones about now.:rolleyes:

ricks

Steven43
02-05-2017, 02:18 AM
There isn't much left of that horse except for the bones about now.:rolleyes:

ricks
Hmm, not particularly helpful. Would you please provide some actual information if you have it? I would if I had any. I don't.

Bob Green
02-05-2017, 05:39 AM
I don't know that I have any actual information but I always have an opinion and am willing to share it.

Grayson Allen and Harry Giles will not return.
Kennard is probably 50/50 right now. He is talented enough to head to the NBA but another year in college will help him get stronger, work on defense.
Bolden will return for another year in college to get healthy, stronger and work on his skill sets.

This post a $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's. If you have one of Ol' Roy's leftover timeouts, you can also get a hamburger.

gocanes0506
02-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Bob,

I would agree but I think the draft work outs will determine it as well. I believe Kennard will go workout but then get come back because of his athleticism grade. No dig on him but NBA drafts on athleticism because they have to gaurd the games elite athletes.

Bolden could be the opposite. He has 4 more months to get back into peak shape and could ride the potential train into being drafted.

Grayson is an interesting case. I don't believe a team will sign or draft him because of the media frenzy. He should come back a be as straight as an arrow or go play in Europe for a year to get out of the limelight. That in it's self is an interesting dilemma. He'll under big scrutiny while hes back at Duke but come draft time all that mess would be old stories. Now if he went to Europe as was good, he wouldn't be under the same media scrutiny day in and day out but come draft time they would bring up all the stories again. The media would beat them stories like a dead horse again because thry haven't talked about them in a year. How does conjuring up all the demons again affect his draft status?

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 07:14 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dukes-grayson-allen-harry-giles-among-five-guys-watching-their-nba-stock-fall/

Bob Green
02-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Grayson is an interesting case. I don't believe a team will sign or draft him because of the media frenzy. He should come back a be as straight as an arrow or go play in Europe for a year to get out of the limelight.

I do not believe the NBA cares one iota about the media frenzy. According the the greatest source ever (the Internet), Grayson Allen will graduate this spring so while he will still have a year of eligibility and could come back, I believe he will leave.

Bluedog
02-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Jeff Goodman has said he's talked to several NBA guys about the Grayson situation and none of them have any concerns about Grayson's character or the media frenzy. The bigger concern right now is his on court performance. They actually consider (shocking if you believe ESPN) Grayson a high character guy -- he's on track to graduate in three years and has never been in trouble off the court. Plus, if Grayson plays in the NBA, his jersey is going to sell like nuts (people like "controversy" just like Duke lacrosse apparel went through the roof in 2006/2007), so I'd think the front office would be cool with that.

Considering the players themselves don't know at this point what they're going to do, I doubt anybody here would. But there have been reports that at the beginning of the school year, Bolden considered himself one and done. Obviously, a lot has occurred since the beginning of the school year. I agree with Bob Green's opinions.

CameronBornAndBred
02-05-2017, 08:04 AM
I do not believe the NBA cares one iota about the media frenzy. According the the greatest source ever (the Internet), Grayson Allen will graduate this spring so while he will still have a year of eligibility and could come back, I believe he will leave.
I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't want to subjugate myself to continuous unsportsmanlike goading from opponents and national headlines every time some guy falls over because I step on the court and breathe.

arnie
02-05-2017, 08:05 AM
I don't know that I have any actual information but I always have an opinion and am willing to share it.

Kennard is probably 50/50 right now. He is talented enough to head to the NBA but another year in college will help him get stronger, work on defense.
Bolden will return for another year in college to get healthy, stronger and work on his skill sets.

This post a $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's. If you have one of Ol' Roy's leftover timeouts, you can also get a hamburger.

I tend to agree with this assessment. However, Bolden might be look at Wendell Carter tying up most minutes at the "5" and K's propensity to go smaller at the "4". Add in Jeter and Bolden may not see more than 10-15 minutes next year. I think he should stay, but there's so much mystery surrounding his situation it's very hard to predict.

Green Wave Dukie
02-05-2017, 08:13 AM
I don't know that I have any actual information but I always have an opinion and am willing to share it...

A Duke buddy of mine texted me a selfie of himself last night taking his wife out to Ruth's Chris in Greensboro. Over his right shoulder in the photo was Roy Williams. Getting ready for ND game today in GSO Coliseum I suppose.

Guess Roy must have picked the restaurant.

dukelifer
02-05-2017, 08:31 AM

I agree that Giles will be a first rounder but not sure how high. That said- unless he shows great progress next year - he may get drafted lower if he stays. Bolden has not yet revealed the kind of skill set the NBA wants from a big. He is not a ferocious rebounder, an elite defender or shown a jumper. He needs to play like a man possessed to get the attention of scouts. The Big man in the NBA is changing. Bolden has much work to do to develop his game. Allen is a likely second rounder. I agree his on court issues will not affect his draft stock. He plays the hardest position in the NBA. Shooting ability will allow him to stick but he will have to put the work in to have a career in the US. If he graduates- there is no real reason to stay at Duke. Kennard is intriguing. He is bigger than Allen and has a better all around game. He is also a likely second rounder but he may stick as he does a lot of things well. I expect him to stay at Duke for one more year- to get his degree. If he was on track to be ACC POY- he might leave but that seems unlikely now. He will benefit by getting stronger and getting his degree.

sagegrouse
02-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Jeff Goodman has said he's talked to several NBA guys about the Grayson situation and none of them have any concerns about Grayson's character or the media frenzy. The bigger concern right now is his on court performance. They actually consider (shocking if you believe ESPN) Grayson a high character guy -- he's on track to graduate in three years and has never been in trouble off the court. Plus, if Grayson plays in the NBA, his jersey is going to sell like nuts (people like "controversy" just like Duke lacrosse apparel went through the roof in 2006/2007), so I'd think the front office would be cool with that.

Considering the players themselves don't know at this point what they're going to do, I doubt anybody here would. But there have been reports that at the beginning of the school year, Bolden considered himself one and done. Obviously, a lot has occurred since the beginning of the school year. I agree with Bob Green's opinions.

Took the words right off of my keyboard.

Owen Meany
02-05-2017, 08:44 AM
A little perspective is in orderfor the article Wheat so helpfully provided that the Duke guys draft status is falling.

First, players like Isaiah Hicks have fallen so far and hard off of draft boards that they are either forgotten or not even considered worthy of inclusion in articles such as these.

I like Grayson and I hope he is drafted and has a long, fruitful career. I do believe that his pro value has been inflated by fans who overestimate his athleticism (as happened with McRoberts) and his size compared to other pro players. The author of the article does note that it is surprising Allen was listed last year. On the bright side, he was the 24th ranked recruit (RSCI), and despite an unprecedented barrage of negative publicity and his "drop", he does still show up on draft express boards, unlike the 15th ranked (Pinson) and 25th ranked (Berry) kids in that class.

Giles is an unusual case. But despite major injuries to both knees and with very serious questions about his recovery he is still listed on mock drafts above top 10 junior Justin Jackson (Winslow's's higher rated AAU teammate) and senior McD AA Hicks.

Kennard's situation is interesting, as a year ago people were questioning whether he had the physical tools to ever play in the NBA. Is his stock overinflated by fans based on his play against college players? Because NBA teams will definitely look very closely at his speed and athletic ability versus other NBA players before drafting him. I am doubtful that mock drafts give an accurate idea ofnwhere he would actually be drafted. Should he end up leaving it would certainly be a big, unexpected blow to Duke next year. And like with Tyus's early departure could effect things further down the line.

arnie
02-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Excellent comparison of Duke-UNC recruits and their NBA opportunities. Go to Carolina as a top recruit and sell insurance/used cars as a profession.

uh_no
02-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Excellent comparison of Duke-UNC recruits and their NBA opportunities. Go to Carolina as a top recruit and sell insurance/used cars as a profession.

i mean, we can't exactly cast stones "go to duke as a top recruit, and be a coach or commentator!"

Indoor66
02-05-2017, 09:27 AM

Maybe Fats needs an assistant now....:rolleyes::o:cool:

superdave
02-05-2017, 09:33 AM
What? No Frank Jackson speculation!?

uh_no
02-05-2017, 09:33 AM
What? No Frank Jackson speculation!?

NBA teams only want true point guards.

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 09:48 AM
A little perspective is in orderfor the article Wheat so helpfully provided that the Duke guys draft status is falling.

First, players like Isaiah Hicks have fallen so far and hard off of draft boards that they are either forgotten or not even considered worthy of inclusion in articles such as these.

I like Grayson and I hope he is drafted and has a long, fruitful career. I do believe that his pro value has been inflated by fans who overestimate his athleticism (as happened with McRoberts) and his size compared to other pro players. The author of the article does note that it is surprising Allen was listed last year. On the bright side, he was the 24th ranked recruit (RSCI), and despite an unprecedented barrage of negative publicity and his "drop", he does still show up on draft express boards, unlike the 15th ranked (Pinson) and 25th ranked (Berry) kids in that class.

Giles is an unusual case. But despite major injuries to both knees and with very serious questions about his recovery he is still listed on mock drafts above top 10 junior Justin Jackson (Winslow's's higher rated AAU teammate) and senior McD AA Hicks.

Kennard's situation is interesting, as a year ago people were questioning whether he had the physical tools to ever play in the NBA. Is his stock overinflated by fans based on his play against college players? Because NBA teams will definitely look very closely at his speed and athletic ability versus other NBA players before drafting him. I am doubtful that mock drafts give an accurate idea ofnwhere he would actually be drafted. Should he end up leaving it would certainly be a big, unexpected blow to Duke next year. And like with Tyus's early departure could effect things further down the line.

For anybody who has watched Hicks play, it's easy to see he has been a slow to mature player. He's been a great kid who is catching up to his physical skills. He's seen in almost every mock draft I've looked at as a second round selection...and he's another example as to why fans should pay no attention to these * rankings for HS kids as a predictor of their future. Heck, your two 5* big men got less minutes in your last home game than the amount of *s they've collected...

Edit to add...I'd like to see all these kids go on to make big money in the NBA. But I'm a fan of college ball and I want to see UNC continue to play for championships. The NBA career's will happen if a player can make those adjustments to their game that the NBA requires.

Bob Green
02-05-2017, 10:06 AM

How about we keep the focus of the discussion on Duke players. If people desire to discuss Carolina and their players, they can head over to Inside Carolina instead of facilitating the hijacking of every thread at DBR.

Outside of Duke - Carolina game threads, and the This Week in the ACC threads, we should never discuss Carolina.

My two cents...

vick
02-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I agree that Giles will be a first rounder but not sure how high. That said- unless he shows great progress next year - he may get drafted lower if he stays. Bolden has not yet revealed the kind of skill set the NBA wants from a big. He is not a ferocious rebounder, an elite defender or shown a jumper. He needs to play like a man possessed to get the attention of scouts. The Big man in the NBA is changing. Bolden has much work to do to develop his game. Allen is a likely second rounder. I agree his on court issues will not affect his draft stock. He plays the hardest position in the NBA. Shooting ability will allow him to stick but he will have to put the work in to have a career in the US. If he graduates- there is no real reason to stay at Duke. Kennard is intriguing. He is bigger than Allen and has a better all around game. He is also a likely second rounder but he may stick as he does a lot of things well. I expect him to stay at Duke for one more year- to get his degree. If he was on track to be ACC POY- he might leave but that seems unlikely now. He will benefit by getting stronger and getting his degree.

I'm not sure being ACC POY matters all that much in a draft decision, but I wouldn't call it unlikely. I think stats support his case as at worst the second-best player in league play so far (Donovan Mitchell perhaps ahead of him). If Duke finishes reasonably strong, I think he has about as good a chance as anyone.

duketaylor
02-05-2017, 10:19 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

I tried to copy and paste the entire draft, but it looked awful, so try this link.

Duke summary has:

Tatum #9

Giles #12

Kennard #19

I know many long-time posters have relied more on this site than some of the others.

DukieInBrasil
02-05-2017, 10:44 AM
I tend to agree with this assessment. However, Bolden might be look at Wendell Carter tying up most minutes at the "5" and K's propensity to go smaller at the "4". Add in Jeter and Bolden may not see more than 10-15 minutes next year. I think he should stay, but there's so much mystery surrounding his situation it's very hard to predict.
If Bolden is worried about losing minutes to Jeter, then i don't think the NBA will be all that interested in Bolden regardless.

Dukeford
02-05-2017, 10:47 AM

Thank you .

What about Matt Jones? I know he's a Senior, so there's no question of whether or not he will be choosing to leave or stay for another year. But is he showing up in any of the mock drafts?

CDu
02-05-2017, 10:52 AM
What about Matt Jones? I know he's a Senior, so there's no question of whether or not he will be choosing to leave or stay for another year. But is he showing up in any of the mock drafts?

No. Jones isn't going to get drafted.

Papa John
02-05-2017, 11:04 AM
How about we keep the focus of the discussion on Duke players. If people desire to discuss Carolina and their players, they can head over to Inside Carolina instead of facilitating the hijacking of every thread at DBR.

Outside of Duke - Carolina game threads, and the This Week in the ACC threads, we should never discuss Carolina.

My two cents...

You forgot about threads surrounding the ongoing academic scandal, the [impending] punishment, and the implications for the future of collegiate athletics... I think that's another fair reason to discuss UNC here...

dukelifer
02-05-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure being ACC POY matters all that much in a draft decision, but I wouldn't call it unlikely. I think stats support his case as at worst the second-best player in league play so far (Donovan Mitchell perhaps ahead of him). If Duke finishes reasonably strong, I think he has about as good a chance as anyone.
Becoming ACC POY is an accomplishment and could boost one's stock- albeit a small amount. That said- I think graduating is perhaps a priority for Kennard but you never know what drives a decision.

DavidBenAkiva
02-05-2017, 11:43 AM

This is a really great summary, however I do wonder if we're not underestimating Grayson's athletic ability to a certain extent. Bill Raferty's response to a late Grayson layup - off his left hand - exemplified his NBA potential IMO. Allen can get past the initial defender with his long strides. He looks like he's the smallest dude on the court for Duke, but he's at least 6'4" tall and has really long and quick strides. That first step explosion, combined with his good shooting, means that he can make it in the NBA. And he's been a pretty good defender this year, too. He really seems to have turned the corner in the past 3 games. He's shooting well from 3 again - 44.8% on nearly 10 shot attempts per game. He's also clearly being targeted by opposing teams and is showing signs of maturity in those situations. The NBA values guys that can distribute the ball as well as take shots. Grayson can do those things. He is a playmaker and would be a fine addition to a lot of teams. I see him as a Victor Oladipo or Eric Gordon type player, albeit with a better jump shot. He's going to get you some rebounds, some assists, and be a nice compliment to a great point guard.

Giles is an interesting case, too. The couple of minutes he played in the Pitt game showed just how high of a ceiling the kid has. Playing with a knee brace, he got UP and threw it down on a 6'11" guy. Then, he casually drifted out and nailed a mid-range jump shot. It's clear that he is not playing within the rhythm of the team, though. He reminds me of Blake Griffin to a certain extent. Griffin entered the NCAAs with other great players - Derrick Rose, James Harden, Kevin Love, Jeff Teague, DeAndre Jordan, etc. He put up good numbers - 14.7 pts/9 rebs per game - but decided to stay a year. That year allowed him to become AP Player of the Year and be selected first overall. Giles has that level of talent to move up the draft board with another year in college. Is it worth the risk of another injury for him to move form, say 17th in 2017 into the top 5 in 2018? That might net him an additional $10 million over the course of his first contract. While I salivate at the idea of a healthy Giles alongside Wendell Carter in a frontcourt together, I have to make peace with the fact that Giles has to make the decision to do what's best for himself and no one else.

Kennard is another interesting player. The advanced offensive game is something to behold. He's also quite large for a shooting guard - 6'6" - but without a ton of quickness that would make him a top 10 draft pick. Other guys have succeeded in the NBA despite being lesser athletes than their peers. Boris Diaw and Kyle Anderson come to mind. But I can't recall a shooting guard that had Kennard's physical profile. Will it work? He'll probably have to play with an elite player at point guard and/or small forward. I think he would be a great fit on a team like Toronto if they decide to go small with DeRozan at the small forward position. The NBA clearly values elite shooters. Kyle Korver, J.J. Redick, and James Jones have all had long, productive careers. And Kennard rebounds well for his position and is probably a better defender, at least according to the advanced stats, than his reputation would suggest. I think there's a role for Kennard on an NBA team. He'd be a great second unit player if not a starter.

I do not agree that Kennard leaving would put Duke in a terrible position per se. Duke didn't have another PG on the roster to fill Tyus Jones's shoes. Duke does and will have multiple options to fill Kennard's shoes if and when he leaves. For 2017-18, it looks fairly certain that Frank Jackson will be on the roster. As will Gary Trent, Jr. Those are two guys that can score from all three levels by all accounts. Add to that Jack White and Alex O'Connell, and Duke has a little depth at the 2-3 positions. I'm sure everyone would prefer if Kennard sticks around for another year, as would I, but his departure wouldn't put Duke in dire straights.

uh_no
02-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I think graduating is perhaps a priority for Kennard

Do you have any evidence of that? Why would it be true for him and not the other guys on the team who can get drafted?

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 12:04 PM
It's pretty clear that Tatum has the skills to reach the NBA.

It's less clear on Kennard and Allen. I think both will get a fair shot at it, as they should, probably second round, but they will have to prove they can defend at that level to stick.

So far, I've seen nothing from Giles or Bolden that justifies a first round pick, this year, and I'd expect both to come back to Duke for next season and work towards that goal. Maybe an NBA GM is willing to take that chance on potential, but he'd be risking more than my guess any of them would be willing to take.

Troublemaker
02-05-2017, 12:14 PM

Pretty much.

Gathering info from a message board probably isn't going to be fruitful.

devildeac
02-05-2017, 12:42 PM

Good assessment except their coffees are now $1 each for a limited time, but, if you're as old as Ozzie, you can get a senior coffee for $0.59 and free refills! :p

devildeac
02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

I tried to copy and paste the entire draft, but it looked awful, so try this link.

Duke summary has:

Tatum #9

Giles #12

Kennard #19

I know many long-time posters have relied more on this site than some of the others.

Not bad. At least our 3 listed players are projected above those 2 from that "school" down the road whose name shall not be mentioned. :o:rolleyes:

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Not bad. At least our 3 listed players are projected above those 2 from that "school" down the road whose name shall not be mentioned. :o:rolleyes:

Hey Doc, I think most UNC fans are ok with Duke winning the "projected drafted into the NBA challenge" while UNC wins conference titles and plays for national championships....:)

Troublemaker
02-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Hey Doc, I think most UNC fans are ok with Duke winning the "projected drafted into the NBA challenge" while UNC wins conference titles and plays for national championships...:)

Are you okay with being 4-11 against Duke in the past 15 games? Okay with Duke's 2 national championships since UNC's last title?

Indoor66
02-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Are you okay with being 4-11 against Duke in the past 15 games? Okay with Duke's 2 national championships since UNC's last title?

But they have to go to classes, study and take tests now. Have pity.

elvis14
02-05-2017, 01:44 PM

UNC's last legitimate title was 1982.

devildeac
02-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Hey Doc, I think most UNC fans are ok with Duke winning the "projected drafted into the NBA challenge" while UNC wins conference titles and plays for national championships...:)

Ah, how the story changes. For decades, the drivel coming from c*rolina was that it was "Duke just can't get their players into the NBA and look at how many pros unc has" to your (recency bias) line above. Last time I checked though about ACC championships (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACC_Men's_Basketball_Tournament), 19>18 (7 of which occurred since the cheating began). And 5>5* National Championships (three of which occurred since the cheating began with two of those being "targeted" now by the COI). And no, you can't count stale pastry banners either.

:)

Addendum: Special thanks to Troublemaker, Indoor66 and elvis for their posts, too. :cool:

dukelifer
02-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Do you have any evidence of that? Why would it be true for him and not the other guys on the team who can get drafted?

No evidence. I am not sure about Tatum given his likely 1st round projection or Giles. But it may be a priority for both- time will tell. I was suggesting that a degree and a second round pick is better for Kennard than a second round pick alone. But if he gets first round love this year - he certainly may go.

Bob Green
02-05-2017, 01:58 PM
This thread is no longer about Duke basketball players, it is about a back-n-forth with Wheat. Thread hijack successful once again.

Owen Meany
02-05-2017, 01:59 PM

Given that UNC fans are OK with the "greatest academic fraud in NCAA history" in which their star player admits he never went to class or did any work for an entire semester but still made the Dean's List, I think its safe to say that UNC fans are OK with pretty much anything.

Since 2010, UNC has 1 ACC Championship and 0 National Championships. There may be some Bunny Bread Championships in there that I am not aware of. But if UNC is willing to use Championships to justify rampant cheating, they may need to set the bar a little lower.

Apologies to Bob. But Wheat is like ESPN and Grayson Allen. Ignoring him does not make him stop.

Steven43
02-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Wheaties, you just showed once again how big of a chip you have on your shoulder when it comes to all things Duke. And you can keep the bitter soul-destroying pain you will always have for the way UNC lost to Villanova last year. We don't envy you, trust me. In fact, I hope it happens to you again this year.

cato
02-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Don't feed the trolls!

slower
02-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Ah, how the story changes. For decades, the drivel coming from c*rolina...

Isn't Wheat the main ingredient in drivel? Or am I thinking of another disgusting foodstuff? :p

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 02:04 PM
UNC currently riding a one game win streak against Duke, currently leading the conference, coming off a National title game appearance and is defending conference regular season champion and conference tourney champion.

I like the recent trend.

slower
02-05-2017, 02:12 PM
This thread is no longer about Duke basketball players, it is about a back-n-forth with Wheat. Thread hijack successful once again.

The mods seem quite content to allow his trolling. This is on them.

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Wheaties, you just showed once again how big of a chip you have on your shoulder when it comes to all things Duke. And you can keep the bitter soul-destroying pain you will always have for the way UNC lost to Villanova last year. We don't envy you, trust me. In fact, I hope it happens to you again this year.

I just respond to the shots at UNC that I see, nothing wrong with trying to keep it real around here.

Bob Green
02-05-2017, 02:17 PM
The mods seem quite content to allow his trolling. This is on them.

I disagree. Wheat isn't a troll and he does an excellent job of not breaking any of the Posting Guidelines and Decorum. What Wheat does is come in and hijack threads turning them into discussions of Carolina instead of Duke. I find it amazing that so called smart Duke fans consistently play right into his hands.

This isn't on the mods, it is on the community.

Duke79UNLV77
02-05-2017, 02:36 PM
I disagree. Wheat isn't a troll and he does an excellent job of not breaking any of the Posting Guidelines and Decorum. What Wheat does is come in and hijack threads turning them into discussions of Carolina instead of Duke. I find it amazing that so called smart Duke fans consistently play right into his hands.

Um, you sort of just defined internet troll. I know I can use the ignore poster button, and I do, but Wheat still hijacks thread after thread. I continue to advocate a dedicated Wheat thread, so he and his apologists can carry on without bringing down everyone else

Wheat/"/"/"
02-05-2017, 02:38 PM

Note, my first post was to provide a link to a story on topic.
Then I replied to a dig at Hicks.
Then I made a post back on topic.
Then I was goaded into defending more nonsense.
If everybody stays on topic, so do I.

DukieTiger
02-05-2017, 03:02 PM
UNC currently riding a one game win streak against Duke, currently leading the conference, coming off a National title game appearance and is defending conference regular season champion and conference tourney champion.

I like the recent trend.

^Needs to consult a UNC tutor for the definitions of "win streak" and "trend".

dukelifer
02-05-2017, 03:12 PM

I like the recent trend.

UNC is a fine team- and could have another nice run in the tourney. They have been a very consistent team of late. A lot depends on you measure success. If you care about ACC championships- regular season on conference- UNC has been better than Duke for a while. If you care about National Championships- then Duke has been better. Everyone watches the game for different reasons.

dbcooper
02-05-2017, 03:17 PM
I just respond to the shots at UNC that I see, nothing wrong with trying to keep it real around here.

I think Jay Smith, Mary Willingham, Dan Kane and Rashad McCants are keeping it pretty real....:confused:

Go Duke!