PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice Harrys long arms

53n206
01-30-2017, 09:04 PM
When he picked up that rebound about 1. 44?

heyman25
01-30-2017, 09:47 PM
When he picked up that rebound about 1. 44? I can see the potential of Harry Giles. He missed a putback that killed me, but he made that key bucket and that was a critical defensive rebound in the win.Big confidence builder for Harry Giles.:cool:

Fish80
01-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Dude can play. He's feisty too. Buckle your seat belts, it's gonna be a fun ride.

dalmatians98
01-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Dude can play. He's feisty too. Buckle your seat belts, it's gonna be a fun ride.

That elbow to Colson's leg was a statement. I liked it and also liked the fact that the refs ignored it.

slower
01-30-2017, 10:09 PM
That elbow to Colson's leg was a statement. I liked it and also liked the fact that the refs ignored it.

Harry's got swag, to be sure.

subzero02
01-30-2017, 10:11 PM
I think the thread title should be changed to "Long Harry Arms"

OldPhiKap
01-30-2017, 10:20 PM
I think the thread title should be changed to "Long Harry Arms"

As long as we don't work "hirsute" into the title, I'm cool.

CDu
01-30-2017, 10:39 PM
7'3" wingspan. He is like a condor out there.

Bluedevil114
01-30-2017, 10:44 PM
I was very disappointed with Harry most of the night. Especially the quick fouls in the second half and seeing him laughing on the bench as ND closed the gap. His arms did not look that long on the put back attempt late in the game. Then Harry showed the reason why he is a 5* recruit. His rebound and quickness to get up and get the two then his rebounding really helped us seal the victory. He also hit two big free throws at the end of the game. We need him for us to make a deep run this season.

weezie
01-30-2017, 11:05 PM
Putting the injuries, rehab, and his inexperience at this level aside (while all three are considerable, of course) when he gets his chances, I just wonder what is going on with his mental motivation?

Just play, Harry. Head up, don't look to the ref for calls every darned time and just run, run, run. Try to enjoy the game and the team.

devildeac
01-30-2017, 11:09 PM
The better to elbow you with, my dear.

:rolleyes:

Kedsy
01-30-2017, 11:54 PM

Completely disagree. It was a dumb play, and most times the refs will call it, and that would have been disastrous for Duke in this game.

If Grayson had done it, the internet would have exploded. Would you have liked it then?

elvis14
01-31-2017, 12:04 AM
That little elbow message from Giles didn't bother me. In the neighborhood I grew up in, if you knocked someone down and the stood over them...nut shot.

duke4ever19
01-31-2017, 01:10 AM
I watched the replay of Giles and Colson several times, there's nothing there. It occurs at 2:29 left in the second half.

Here's the rundown:

1)Giles is on the ground after falling after a rebound attempt.

2)Bonzie Colson walks close by him and stops with his left shoe up against Giles' body. Colson actually seems distracted, and is looking elsewhere down the court and doesn't notice that he's right up against Giles.

3)Giles responds by pushing the back of Colson's leg like, "Hey dude, what the heck?"

4)Colson turns and looks down at Giles after the push and then moves away. Still, Colson doesn't seem to be aware of anything around him, as he is still looking off down the court.

5)Giles is helped up by his teammates, and goes down the court to shoot free-throws.

dalmatians98
01-31-2017, 07:00 AM
Completely disagree. It was a dumb play, and most times the refs will call it, and that would have been disastrous for Duke in this game.

If Grayson had done it, the internet would have exploded. Would you have liked it then?

I like everything about Duke basketball. "[T]he internet" is hardly an objective standard by which to judge anything, let alone Duke basketball. It's going to "explode" whenever an opposing player stumbles within 10 feet of Grayson.

The elbow was a small gesture that showed me another side of a highly touted freshman most of us are still getting to know. Harry Giles is willing to stand up for himself and he was just clearing a little space so he could stand up for himself and go shoot free throws. It wasn't enough to draw a whistle in a game in which the officials were starting to become more active. I also liked that.

Next play.

Jeffrey
01-31-2017, 11:38 AM
That little elbow message from Giles didn't bother me. In the neighborhood I grew up in, if you knocked someone down and the stood over them...nut shot.

Clearly, you grew up in a much softer neighborhood than Hurley.