PDA

View Full Version : Second Post Ever - Make Luke a Captain Now!

One more time
01-28-2017, 10:50 PM
I am the original "It's Over" poster from 2001 that now has legendary status for all the wrong reasons. I'm a Durham native and Duke '90 grad and I was at the game when Boozer broke his foot. I was so mad and sure we were done, that I started the "It's Over" thread out of frustration and despair that we were not going to win banner #3. After my pessimism, things worked out well that year!!!

For true Duke fans and Duke family, this season has been incredibly frustrating since we were the prohibitive preseason favorites and looked like a juggernaut on paper. It feels like time is running out, but with today's unlikely comeback we may have saved the season. With only my second post ever, I'm here to say MAKE LUKE A CAPTAIN immediately. It's not because of his performance or game winner; it's the way Luke handled himself in the post-game interview. Luke was humble and all about his team-mates and the TEAM WIN. He was all about Duke and representing the university - and not individual performance even though he willed us to the win.

We have all identified the chemistry issues and if I'm coach K watching from home, it's obvious this is Luke's team and he needs to be the leader. So here goes - if the coaches and players recognize Luke is the leader IT'S NOT OVER!

Ballboy1998
01-28-2017, 11:27 PM
Guy who's assertion that "it's over" single handedly propelled the 2001 team to a championship run says "it's not over"? Oh no...

It's over.