PDA

View Full Version : Cameron and Wallace Wade Additions?

FadedTackyShirt
01-28-2017, 09:40 AM
All the new editions look pretty good. New lobby, donor lounge, plaza-are they done with CIS renovations?

Wallace Wade looks completely different. Know it's not new, but one of the players gave us a tour of the Yoh Center. What's still planned at Wallace Wade?

msdukie
01-28-2017, 09:29 PM
All the new editions look pretty good. New lobby, donor lounge, plaza-are they done with CIS renovations?

Wallace Wade looks completely different. Know it's not new, but one of the players gave us a tour of the Yoh Center. What's still planned at Wallace Wade?

Cameron is done, but for renovations where all of the offices downstairs have moved to Scott Family Pavillion. Lots of the uses are still TBD, but will be behind the scenes. A new bigger media room is discussed and early in the season new bathrooms were being added to the south end. I'd expect a lot of that work done this offseason, again, mostly behind the scenes stuff.

As for Wade, phase III is well underway, which is finishing the concourse: adding the brick and ADA seating for the remaining 2/3, building structures for concessions and a store on the east side, adding the Duke brick north scoreboard, adding a ticket booth to the Bostock gate, and putting in the final paving around the concourse, lighting, and permanent fencing along with putting in the final pavers at the Bostock gate, will be done by August if not sooner. I was there last week and the work was well underway:

http://fmd.duke.edu/documents/active_projects/WW%20new%20tower.pdf

weezie
01-28-2017, 10:03 PM
Cameron is done, but for renovations where all of the offices downstairs have moved to Scott Family Pavillion. Lots of the uses are still TBD, but will be behind the scenes. A new bigger media room is discussed and early in the season new bathrooms were being added to the south end. I'd expect a lot of that work done this offseason, again, mostly behind the scenes stuff...

The beer that's served at the whatever it's called next to Cameron, outside under the funeral parlor tents is simply awful. Grudging and lame. Phooey! Excuse me for not having an extra 100k sitting around for the Valkyrie of Champion Rich People upstairs.

Waaaahhhh, boo-hoo, sniff.

FadedTackyShirt
01-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Cameron is done, but for renovations where all of the offices downstairs have moved to Scott Family Pavillion. Lots of the uses are still TBD, but will be behind the scenes. A new bigger media room is discussed and early in the season new bathrooms were being added to the south end. I'd expect a lot of that work done this offseason, again, mostly behind the scenes stuff.

As for Wade, phase III is well underway, which is finishing the concourse: adding the brick and ADA seating for the remaining 2/3, building structures for concessions and a store on the east side, adding the Duke brick north scoreboard, adding a ticket booth to the Bostock gate, and putting in the final paving around the concourse, lighting, and permanent fencing along with putting in the final pavers at the Bostock gate, will be done by August if not sooner. I was there last week and the work was well underway:

http://fmd.duke.edu/documents/active_projects/WW%20new%20tower.pdf

Thanks. Do they ever use Pascal Field House for pre-game and halftime hospitality? Oregon uses their indoor practice facility as a beer garden on game days.

Victory Bell seemed kind of randomly stashed in the Yoh Center.

Know there are occasionally nice days early and late in hoops season, but the outdoor hospitality part of CIS seems like a reach for most of the ACC season, especially at night.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Thanks. Do they ever use Pascal Field House for pre-game and halftime hospitality? Oregon uses their indoor practice facility as a beer garden on game days.

Victory Bell seemed kind of randomly stashed in the Yoh Center.

Know there are occasionally nice days early and late in hoops season, but the outdoor hospitality part of CIS seems like a reach for most of the ACC season, especially at night.

The size of the Victory Bell makes it difficult to move around in the Yoh. There is only one route to get it in and out of the building and it requires going through the locker room.

Which season does your question about using the Pascal Field House for hospitality apply to?

Tripping William
01-29-2017, 11:44 AM
I read the thread title too quickly and at first thought Carmen Wallace's family had increased in size ....

FadedTackyShirt
01-29-2017, 12:20 PM
The size of the Victory Bell makes it difficult to move around in the Yoh. There is only one route to get it in and out of the building and it requires going through the locker room.

Which season does your question about using the Pascal Field House for hospitality apply to?

Was suggesting using Pascal for hospitality on football game days. The position of UO's indoor practice facility relative to Autzen Stadium is roughly equivalent to Pascal and WW.

A friend went to UCLA and one day a door in a back hallway of their frat was sticking. They went to repair it and discovered a UCLA NCAA championship plaque (men's volleyball) which had been badly damaged from use as a door stop for decades.

When we stumbled on the Victory Bell, one of my friends immediately sent his shamed pastel ram family skeleton a picture of the VB. The prodigal son texted back, "blasphemy". Response took awhile, so probably was difficult to find Hole tutors who could read, write, and text.

Devil in the Blue Dress
01-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Was suggesting using Pascal for hospitality on football game days. The position of UO's indoor practice facility relative to Autzen Stadium is roughly equivalent to Pascal and WW.

A friend went to UCLA and one day a door in a back hallway of their frat was sticking. They went to repair it and discovered a UCLA NCAA championship plaque (men's volleyball) which had been badly damaged from use as a door stop for decades.

When we stumbled on the Victory Bell, one of my friends immediately sent his shamed pastel ram family skeleton a picture of the VB. The prodigal son texted back, "blasphemy". Response took awhile, so probably was difficult to find Hole tutors who could read, write, and text.

If I remember correctly, the visiting team's locker room is in the Pascal Field House.