PDA

View Full Version : Carolina@Duke: Truly a "Bucket List" Experience

Tripping William
01-17-2017, 01:41 PM
It is, and will be, for former BYU women's basketball star Melanie Pearson Day (http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/byu-basketball-fulfills-bucket-list-wish-for-former-cougar-with/article_6114f9be-b670-545d-882a-77f1e7bae47f.html), who has been diagnosed with terminal Stage 4 breast cancer. When the BYU women's staff learned of her wish, they reached out to Coach K and, with some involvement from BYU men's coach, Dave Rose, landed her a pair of tickets for February 9th. A Wunderglo kind of moment.

jv001
01-17-2017, 06:11 PM
It is, and will be, for former BYU women's basketball star Melanie Pearson Day (http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/byu-basketball-fulfills-bucket-list-wish-for-former-cougar-with/article_6114f9be-b670-545d-882a-77f1e7bae47f.html), who has been diagnosed with terminal Stage 4 breast cancer. When the BYU women's staff learned of her wish, they reached out to Coach K and, with some involvement from BYU men's coach, Dave Rose, landed her a pair of tickets for February 9th. A Wunderglo kind of moment.

Thanks for the link Tripping William. It's a great story. I'm sure the Crazies will make her feel at home. Cancer is the ugliest word I know. Someday, I hope a cure will be found. GoDuke!

Native
01-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Passed this along to the powers that be. I'm sure the Crazies will make her feel right at home. :o

DukePA
01-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Passed this along to the powers that be. I'm sure the Crazies will make her feel right at home. :o

Very well done, Native!!!

ChrisP
01-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Is it weird that I want us to win this game even more than I usually do? It's not clear to me that's she's a Duke fan, exactly, but clearly, she wanted to see this particular rivalry game in Cameron, so...gonna go out on a limb and assume she's pulling for the correct shade of blue here. Let's hope the crazies AND the team give her some incredibly happy memories of her visit!

rsvman
01-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Great story. I hope she enjoys the game IMMENSELY. I hope we put on a real show.

ChemGod
01-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Is it weird that I want us to win this game even more than I usually do? It's not clear to me that's she's a Duke fan, exactly, but clearly, she wanted to see this particular rivalry game in Cameron, so...gonna go out on a limb and assume she's pulling for the correct shade of blue here. Let's hope the crazies AND the team give her some incredibly happy memories of her visit!

She HAS to be...been to an @Carolina game (wearing Duke EVERYTHING), and I am sure she would not like the pursed lips and wrinkled brows that ensued in my experience. Almost more than one could endure from the whine and cheese crowd.