PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tournament Brooklyn

weezie
01-12-2017, 01:19 PM
About a week ago, an email went out to Iron Duke members alerting them to the January 13 deadline for advance purchase of tickets for Brooklyn. There was also a warning that Duke seats will be in the corner (again) and very limited in number. Level One donors were not to expect many lower bowl seats, and Level Two donors were definitely going to be in the last half of the upper ring. Sounds exceedingly lame to me.

Now today, in what might be a first, we had a robocall reminding us to purchase tickets by tomorrow. I'm kind of wondering if the IDs are surprised that some of those tickets will go begging.

From the original ID email: "As the Barclay’s Center is the smallest arena to host the tournament in the modern era, we will have an even smaller ticket block than we did last year in Washington, D.C. This smaller ticket allotment also means that the majority of our seats are in the upper level. All fifteen ACC schools receive an equal number of lower and upper level ticket books. Current projections are that half of our Group 1 Iron Duke members will be seated in the upper level of the Barclay’s Center. For the 2017 tournament, we have rotated to a corner location of the arena in Sections 13, 111, 112 and 211-214."

Expansion has been swell, hasn't it?! :(

devildeac
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
About a week ago, an email went out to Iron Duke members alerting them to the January 13 deadline for advance purchase of tickets for Brooklyn. There was also a warning that Duke seats will be in the corner (again) and very limited in number. Level One donors were not to expect many lower bowl seats, and Level Two donors were definitely going to be in the last half of the upper ring. Sounds exceedingly lame to me.

Now today, in what might be a first, we had a robocall reminding us to purchase tickets by tomorrow. I'm kind of wondering if the IDs are surprised that some of those tickets will go begging.

From the original ID email: "As the Barclay’s Center is the smallest arena to host the tournament in the modern era, we will have an even smaller ticket block than we did last year in Washington, D.C. This smaller ticket allotment also means that the majority of our seats are in the upper level. All fifteen ACC schools receive an equal number of lower and upper level ticket books. Current projections are that half of our Group 1 Iron Duke members will be seated in the upper level of the Barclay’s Center. For the 2017 tournament, we have rotated to a corner location of the arena in Sections 13, 111, 112 and 211-214."

Add to that: airfare, NYC hotel and meal rates for several days. :rolleyes:

At least fans from Syracuse, BC and the Florida schools will be sure to pack the venue. :rolleyes:

jv001
01-12-2017, 01:24 PM

I guess Swofford has more important things to do. Like how he can get the cheats out of the mess they have put them selves in. Yeh, expansion has really been swell. Love of money most of the time is a bad thing. At least that's what Scripture says. GoDuke!

CrazyNotCrazie
01-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Add to that: airfare, NYC hotel and meal rates for several days. :rolleyes:

At least fans from Syracuse, BC and the Florida schools will be sure to pack the venue. :rolleyes:

Actually, most grads of SUNY-Syracuse end up in the NY Metro area, so despite their mediocre performance thus far, those tickets will be well used. BC also has a lot of alums here, but I don't think they particularly care about basketball.

As someone who lives a 30 minute subway ride from the Barclays Center, I am hoping to get unused tickets from Pitt, Florida schools, Clemson, etc. Or better yet, hopefully the Heels will lose early and all of their tickets will hit the market!

I have only been to the Barclays Center once for a Duke game a few years ago and was underwhelmed - not a great atmosphere.

atoomer0881
01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Actually, most grads of SUNY-Syracuse end up in the NY Metro area, so despite their mediocre performance thus far, those tickets will be well used. BC also has a lot of alums here, but I don't think they particularly care about basketball.

As someone who lives a 30 minute subway ride from the Barclays Center, I am hoping to get unused tickets from Pitt, Florida schools, Clemson, etc. Or better yet, hopefully the Heels will lose early and all of their tickets will hit the market!

I have only been to the Barclays Center once for a Duke game a few years ago and was underwhelmed - not a great atmosphere.

Yea I too live only about 40 miles away from Brooklyn and I'm deciding if it's worth buying the all sessions booklet of tickets from Duke for $398, and then just selling the sessions that I don't want to attend/Duke isn't playing in, or if it's better to wait until the Tournament and just buy the sessions that Duke is playing in. Does anyone know if the school will be selling single session tickets once they know what session Duke is playing in? Or is the only way to buy single session tickets on the secondary market?

BigWayne
01-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Yea I too live only about 40 miles away from Brooklyn and I'm deciding if it's worth buying the all sessions booklet of tickets from Duke for $398, and then just selling the sessions that I don't want to attend/Duke isn't playing in, or if it's better to wait until the Tournament and just buy the sessions that Duke is playing in. Does anyone know if the school will be selling single session tickets once they know what session Duke is playing in? Or is the only way to buy single session tickets on the secondary market?

Chances to buy direct from Duke or UNC are not good because of the demand. Other schools are a better bet.

No idea what the setup at that arena is. Each school will have a way to get tickets to their fans. Typically a dedicated ticket window, possibly in a temporary trailer. Schools that lose or are not expected to do well will typically have available tickets for sale. After the tournament starts they will start selling individual games or remainders of the booklets. Go early and try to find these booths.

cato
01-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Love of money most of the time is a bad thing. At least that's what Scripture says. GoDuke!

Just ask Dean "Better Not Show His Face Again In San Diego" Spanos.

Wahoo2000
01-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Duke will get, at a BARE minimum, a single bye, and has a great chance for a double bye. All you have to do is watch 1st (and maybe second) round games at a nearby bar. When a team with a decent sized fan following is upset, walk over outside the arena once the game is decided. You'll get a GREAT deal on the remainder of somebody's book - sometimes you can even get multiples and resell some at a profit (not to face, but what you paid) to mitigate the cost further.

Turk
01-12-2017, 05:06 PM

It's a weird building in a weird location, and not as amtrak-friendly as MSG or Prudential. The young Turks and I took the train up to see the NCAA second round doubleheader last year. Villanova's blowout of Iowa was a snooze-fest, but the place rocked pretty good when Notre Dame dodged Stephen F. Austin with a tip-in at the buzzer. I was pleasantly surprised that our seats up in Peanut Heaven seemed closer than similar locations in other pro hockey/basketball venues.

I will be keeping my eye on the bracket - maybe take a day off and try to grab seats for a quarterfinal doubleheader....