PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Florida State (Jan 10, 2017)

JBDuke
01-11-2017, 12:46 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's loss to Florida State?

OZZIE4DUKE
01-11-2017, 05:47 AM
Only 5 total votes in 6 hours? Someone/everyone give up on this team? I can assure you the team hasn't given up. Neither should you! LGD GTHc!

jv001
01-11-2017, 09:49 AM
I said in another thread that I would vote for either Jeter or Matt because they seemed to play all out and not get caught standing around. I could have voted for Luke for scoring points but I just couldn't because of his lack of defense. No one else was worthy of a vote in my opinion. GoDuke!

dukejim1
01-11-2017, 10:13 AM
I agree with the Matt and Luke comments as they appeared to be the only two who did not look like the game was too big or fast for them. At this point we can't run all out with teams until we have a better ball handler and decision maker leading it consistently. Jackson has the handle and speed to do it but decision making has to improve. Grayson gets out of control and has a loose handle, Matt doesn't have speed or handle, and Jayson doesn't see the floor/teammates. Don't know if we will have that this year but if we do we will be contenders. Defensively we will
struggle unless Harry figures it out sometime soon. Strange year, but can't imagine hope will ever die with the potential they have.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Matt -- for keeping his head while all about him were losing theirs.
Love, Ima

CDu
01-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Offensively I'd have gone with Kennard. Defensively it would have been Jones or Jeter.

niveklaen
01-11-2017, 11:30 AM
I thought Jeter had his best game of the season. Led the team in rebounds and blocks and drew 3 charges. He was just all alone defensively in the post.

left_hook_lacey
01-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Voted for Luke as I have in every poll this year. I said it early in the season and I'll say it again, without Luke, we would have more L's than we do.

flyingdutchdevil
01-11-2017, 12:09 PM
When we lose, I often go with the best team player during the loss. When we lose and don't play as a team, I do with the best offensive player. So Luke gets my vote.

jv001
01-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Voted for Luke as I have in every poll this year. I said it early in the season and I'll say it again, without Luke, we would have more L's than we do.

Could it be you're a bigggggggggg Luke fan? :cool: I hope we don't find out you're wrong and Amile turns out to be the most important player on the team. GoDuke!

kAzE
01-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Could it be you're a bigggggggggg Luke fan? :cool: I hope we don't find out you're wrong and Amile turns out to be the most important player on the team. GoDuke!

I don't think think these are mutually exclusive. I believe Amile is far and away the most important player, and I also think most people would agree with that. Luke has been our best player, although we have a few guys who can score. Amile does some things that can't be replicated by anyone else.

superdave
01-11-2017, 04:03 PM
I kinda didnt want to vote because I'm petty and dont like to be disappointed.

But I did wind up voting for Chase because he was busting his rear out there after missing the last few games.

Newton_14
01-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Me thinks no one factors in defense when voting in these poles....

CDu
01-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Me thinks no one factors in defense when voting in these poles...

Yep. Defense doesn't tend to get the love it deserves. Unless it comes in the form of a high volume of steals and blocks. My guess is that it is harder to observe good defense than it is to observe good scoring offense.

devildeac
01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Me thinks no one factors in defense when voting in these poles...

Wait, we had somebody play defense last PM? :rolleyes:

(sorry, Mark, couldn't resist ;))