PDA

View Full Version : The case for having depth on a basketball team

MarkD83
01-08-2017, 09:21 AM
When Duke has a deep team, we debate how many minutes each player will play or who will start.

The real benefit for depth on a team is shown when a team has injuries like this year's team. They are still 14-2 with only the close loss to Kansas and a road loss in the ACC to a VT team hungry to prove themselves. At times this team plays brilliant basketball and it is not always the same 5 guys (like 2011 or 2015) who have to play brilliantly for Duke to win.

Stay optimistic my friends!!!!!

Rich
01-08-2017, 09:27 AM

I prefer to stay thirsty and kick coconuts at giraffes

devildeac
01-08-2017, 09:28 AM
When Duke has a deep team, we debate how many minutes each player will play or who will start.

The real benefit for depth on a team is shown when a team has injuries like this year's team. They are still 14-2 with only the close loss to Kansas and a road loss in the ACC to a VT team hungry to prove themselves. At times this team plays brilliant basketball and it is not always the same 5 guys (like 2011 or 2015) who have to play brilliantly for Duke to win.

Not me. I'm a glass half (three-quarter?) empty personality. :(

Ozzie's the optimistic beacon here. ;)

I will however choose to stay thirsty my friends. :o

Indoor66
01-08-2017, 09:34 AM

That type of kicking will get you into fights in most games. :rolleyes::D:cool:

OZZIE4DUKE
01-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Not me. I'm a glass half (three-quarter?) empty personality. :(

Ozzie's the optimistic beacon here. ;)

I will however choose to stay thirsty my friends. :o
I think DD fell off his 3/4 empty double stacked beer barrel (keg) last night. Hoping to hear Amile's foot is OK, but I've heard nothing. Heal fast, Amile!

CameronBlue
01-08-2017, 09:43 AM

With a second knee operation days away I relish the days when I could kick Coco's or anyone else's. Grayson has my envy. Oh well, youth is wasted on the young.

OldPhiKap
01-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Rich was The Most Intheresting Man In House CC. Truth.