PDA

View Full Version : Winter weather advisory issued for BC game

Olympic Fan
01-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Duke has issued a winter weather advisory for Saturday's game with up to six inches of snow predicted for the area, starting late Friday night and extending into Saturday afternoon. With temperatures in the single digits expected, whatever snow falls will remain on the ground a long time.

The decision as to whether to play the game or not will be made later. The ACC rule is that the game is played if the opposing team, the officials and game day personnel are on hand. Since the storm is not expected until late Friday night, it's likely that the BC team will make it to Durham. I hope they are staying close to campus -- maybe the Washington Duke?

Among the details released by Duke in regard to the advisory:

At this time, the Duke Men’s Basketball vs. Boston College game will be played as scheduled at 2:00 PM and broadcast on RSN. Duke University officials will be in communication with the ACC and Boston College and will publicize any updates as information becomes available as soon as possible on Saturday based on the actual weather conditions. Please stay tuned to GoDuke.com and follow @DukeMBB and @Duke_GAMEDAY on Twitter for the latest information.

To help all guests prepare for game day and the expected winter weather conditions, we want to highlight the following operational information for Saturday’s game:

o All Stadium Doors Open at 1:00 PM

o Duke Basketball Museum & Athletics Hall of Fame Closed Pre-Game

o Club Blue Devil Closed Pre-Game

DU82
01-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Some parking lots will be closed, and all Iron Duke parking passes will be accepted at the new science Drive parking deck.

The full email...

Winter Weather Operations in Effect for Duke-BC Game

DURHAM, N.C. -- Current weather forecasts are predicting the possibility of winter weather conditions in central North Carolina on Saturday, January 7. It is impossible to determine with certainty at this point what the weather conditions will be this weekend for the Duke Men’s Basketball game vs. Boston College.

Atlantic Coast Conference game management policy states that the primary factor that would prevent a game from being played at its scheduled time is the ability of the two teams, game officials, and event management staff to safely travel to and from the site of competition.

At this time, the Duke Men’s Basketball vs. Boston College game will be played as scheduled at 2:00 PM and broadcast on RSN. Duke University officials will be in communication with the ACC and Boston College and will publicize any updates as information becomes available as soon as possible on Saturday based on the actual weather conditions. Please stay tuned to GoDuke.com and follow @DukeMBB and @Duke_GAMEDAY on Twitter for the latest information.

To help all guests prepare for game day and the expected winter weather conditions, we want to highlight the following operational information for Saturday’s game:

- Stadium Information
• All Stadium Doors Open at 1:00 PM
• Duke Basketball Museum & Athletics Hall of Fame Closed Pre-Game
• Club Blue Devil Closed Pre-Game

- Game Day Parking & Traffic Information
• Parking Lot Hours
• Iron Duke Parking
• General Public Parking
• Guest Drop-Off/Pick-Up
• Rideshare/Taxi Services

Duke encourages all guests to use caution while driving and walking around campus. Duke asks that all fans park in the designated lots for Saturday’s game. To access Cameron Indoor Stadium, please only use the designated basketball event paths and avoid all uncleared walkways whenever possible. Please reference the Winter Weather Parking and Pedestrian Map specific for Saturday’s game for the locations of these parking lots and paths.

Stadium Information – Due to the expected winter weather conditions, there will be several changes to stadium operations for Saturday’s game. Please stay tuned to GoDuke.com and follow @DukeMBB and @Duke_GAMEDAY on Twitter for the latest information on stadium operations.

• All Entrances to Cameron Indoor Stadium, Champions Club, Legacy Room Open at 1:00 PM – All entrances to Cameron Indoor Stadium for all game day guests – Duke University undergraduate & graduate students, Champions Club members, Legacy Room guests and game day ticket holders – will open at 1:00 PM for Saturday’s game. To avoid impacting clearing efforts, please do not queue outside stadium entrances for an extended period of time prior to the game.

• General Will Call Opens at 1:00 PM – General Will Call will open at the Scott Family Athletics Performance Ticket Office windows

• Duke Basketball Museum & Athletics Hall of Fame Closed Pre-Game; Open to Ticketed Guests at 1:00 PM – The Duke Basketball Museum & Athletics Hall of Fame and Rubenstein Pavilion lobbies will be closed during their normal pre-game hours. Both areas will open to ticketed guests at 1:00 PM. Ticketed guests can free flow from Cameron Indoor Stadium into the Duke Basketball Museum & Athletics Hall of Fame and the Rubenstein Pavilion lobby pre-game and in-game to view the displays and memorabilia.

• Club Blue Devil Closed – Club Blue Devil on McClendon Plaza will be closed for Saturday’s game. Please visit the concessions stands inside Cameron Indoor Stadium for food and beverage service.

Game Day Parking & Traffic Information – To access Cameron Indoor Stadium, please only use the designated basketball event paths and avoid all uncleared walkways whenever possible. Please reference the Winter Weather Parking and Pedestrian Map specific for Saturday’s game for the locations of these parking lots and paths. Driving directions with recommended routes to all available parking lots are listed under “Related Links.” On Saturday, follow @Duke_GAMEDAY for live updates on parking and traffic information.

• All parking lots (Iron Duke and General Public) will open at 12:00 PM on Saturday, January 7th to accommodate clearing operations. Some lots may experience reduced capacities due to snow clearing efforts.

Iron Duke Parking Information
• Science Drive Garage Open to All Iron Duke Men’s Basketball Parking Pass Holders – For Saturday’s game, all Iron Duke Men’s Basketball parking pass holders may elect to park in Science Drive Garage. Game 11 Men’s Basketball Iron Duke parking passes should be displayed for access. ADA-lift equipped vans will be available to assist guests with disabilities to Cameron Indoor Stadium.

• Iron Duke Accessible Parking – Accessible parking for Iron Dukes will be in the Whitford Lot, Science Drive Visitors’ Lot, and Edens Lot to Men’s Basketball pass holders for these lots. Proper Men’s Basketball Iron Duke parking passes must be displayed for access to these lots. Lots will open at 12:00 PM. Some lots may experience reduced capacity due to snow clearing efforts. Should overflow occur, please follow the direction of parking staff as they direct guests to available parking in Science Drive Garage. ADA-lift equipped vans will be available to assist guests from these lots to Cameron Indoor Stadium per the drop-off and pick-up points on the Winter Weather Parking and Pedestrian Map. Due to the winter weather, golf cart shuttles will not be available.

• Chemistry Lot Closed; Parking Available in Science Drive Garage – Due to the expected winter weather, the Chemistry Lot will be closed for Saturday’s game. All Iron Dukes with Men’s Basketball Chemistry Lot parking passes should park in Science Drive Garage for Saturday’s game. Please show your Game 11 Men’s Basketball Chemistry Lot parking pass to the attendant for access. Science Drive Garage will open at 12:00 PM.

• Public Policy Lot, Card Lot, Grounds Lot Open for Parking – The Public Policy Lot, Card Lot, Grounds Lot, and Science Drive Garage will open at 12:00 PM. Proper Men’s Basketball Iron Dukes parking passes must be displayed for access to these lots. Some lots may experience reduced capacity due to snow clearing efforts. Should overflow occur, please follow the direction of parking staff as they direct guests to available parking in Science Drive Garage.

General Public Parking Information
• General Public Parking Relocated to Blue Zone – Due to the expected winter weather, the Circuit Drive Lots and Jogging Trail Lot will be closed for Saturday’s game. General public parking for Saturday’s game will be located in the Blue Zone Lots on Wannamaker Drive off of Duke University Road. There is a $10 charge to park – CASH ONLY. The Blue Zone Lots will open at 12:00 PM. General Public traffic must use NC 751/Cameron Blvd. or Chapel Hill Street to access Duke University Road for access to the Blue Zone Lots. Please see the driving directions accompanying this alert under “Related Links” for the best route.

• General Public Accessible Parking in Edens Lots – General public parking for guests with disabilities will be in the Edens Lots on Towerview Road off of Duke University Road as normal. There is a $10 charge to park – CASH ONLY. The Edens Lots will open at 12:00 PM. The Edens Lots may have reduced capacity due to snow clearing efforts. Should overflow occur, please follow the direction of parking staff as they direct guests to available parking in the Blue Zone. ADA Lift equipped vans will be available to assist guests to north side of Cameron Indoor Stadium. The van will drop-off/pick-up at the Krzyzewskiville sign. General Public traffic must use NC 751/Cameron Blvd. or Chapel Hill Street to access Duke University Road for access to Towerview Road and the Edens Lot. Please see the driving directions accompanying this alert for the best route.

Guest Drop-Off/Pick-Up Point
Iron Dukes and General Public who wish drop off guests for Saturday’s game may do so at the entrance to the Edens C Lot located at 415 Towerview Road. The drop-off/pick-up point must be accessed from Duke University Road. ADA lift-equipped van assistance for guests with disabilities is available from this location.

Rideshare/Taxi Services
Rideshare and taxi services have a designated drop-off/pick-up point at the entrance to the Edens C Lot located at 415 Towerview Road. The drop-off/pick-up point must be accessed from Duke University Road. Services attempted to drop-off at other locations near the stadium will be denied access and directed to this location. ADA lift-equipped van assistance for guests with disabilities is available from this location.

#GoDuke

Related Links
» Iron Duke Driving Directions Iron Duke Driving Directions
» General Public Driving Directions General Public Driving Directions
» Winter Weather Parking & Pedestrian Map Winter Weather Parking & Pedestrian Map
NeuLion
© 2017 goduke.com. All rights reserved. Unsubscribe

NeuLion
800 Central Park Drive, Sanford, FL 32771, 407-936-0800

devil84
01-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Here's a link to Duke's winter weather page (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211393875&DB_OEM_ID=4200), with pretty much the same information, and it may be updated. The forecast has inched up to 6-8" now, with a bit of rain preceding the snow. Loosely translated: a sheet of ice might form under the snow, particularly on paved surfaces like roads, parking lots, and sidewalks.

If you're headed to the game, please be careful. Keep updated at the GoDuke.com (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22724&DB_OEM_ID=4200) page. Don't drive if it's treacherous, and even if you make it to campus, you still need to walk on snow and maybe ice. Please be safe.

sagegrouse
01-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Reviewing weather.com, it looks like a high in the 40's today, dropping to 28 tonight as snow forms and reaching a high Saturday of 30 degrees. It may be pretty much slush when the snow falls and a bit of a mess.

It will, however, get very cold afterwards, showing a nine degree forecasted low for Sunday.

UrinalCake
01-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Here in the Triangle we are ready for snowpocalypse 2017!

wilson
01-06-2017, 09:52 AM
I had tickets for tomorrow's game, but given how unwise a trip into North Carolina seems to be right now, we have cancelled. This was to be my wife's first trip to Cameron. Sad emoji.

budwom
01-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I stocked up on bread and milk futures last week, and by this time tomorrow I'm going to be the richest man in North Carolina (I'm lookin' at you, Jim Goodnight!)....

OZZIE4DUKE
01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
I think the chance of us venturing from Greensboro to Durham (and back) tomorrow for the game are about 1 in a billion. I'm hoping for a cancellation! :cool:

arnie
01-06-2017, 12:15 PM
I think the chance of us venturing from Greensboro to Durham (and back) tomorrow for the game are about 1 in a billion. I'm hoping for a cancellation! :cool:

If cancelled, we could suspend Grayson tomorrow to make ESPN talking heads happy.

devildeac
01-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Reviewing weather.com, it looks like a high in the 40's today, dropping to 28 tonight as snow forms and reaching a high Saturday of 30 degrees. It may be pretty much slush when the snow falls and a bit of a mess.

It will, however, get very cold afterwards, showing a nine degree forecasted low for Sunday.

C'mon, sage, you know darn well that should be a 9F forecasted low. ;)

OldPhiKap
01-06-2017, 12:57 PM

Would make sense. It'll be ten degrees and getting colder down by Boulder Dam that day.

(Wait . . . wrong thread?)

DukieInKansas
01-06-2017, 01:03 PM
If cancelled, we could suspend Grayson tomorrow to make ESPN talking heads happy.

It should make them extremely happy because the whole team was suspended to make up for letting Grayson off suspension too soon. :D That has to be worse than not allowing him to pick the pre-game restaurant, right?

Neals384
01-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Winter Storm Advisory has been upgraded to Winter Storm Warning.

Just a thought for those of you with tickets: grab a tent and head to KVille now. It's your best way to guarantee you'll be at Cameron by game time. (Don't call me if the game is canceled.)

Rich
01-06-2017, 01:19 PM
I stocked up on bread and milk futures last week, and by this time tomorrow I'm going to be the richest man in North Carolina (I'm lookin' at you, Jim Goodnight!)...

I never understood why people always make French toast when there's a big snowstorm.

devildeac
01-06-2017, 01:23 PM
I never understood why people always make French toast when there's a big snowstorm.

Hope this helps (the French Toast verse is about halfway through the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHptn_3RyYE

:o

BD80
01-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Winter Storm Advisory has been upgraded to Winter Storm Warning. ...

That's an upgrade?

When life gives you lemons ...

jjasper0729
01-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Find someone to whom life gave vodka and have a party?

devildeac
01-06-2017, 01:50 PM
That's an upgrade?

Hand them back and say, "No thanks!"

;)

dukelifer
01-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Here's a link to Duke's winter weather page (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211393875&DB_OEM_ID=4200), with pretty much the same information, and it may be updated. The forecast has inched up to 6-8" now, with a bit of rain preceding the snow. Loosely translated: a sheet of ice might form under the snow, particularly on paved surfaces like roads, parking lots, and sidewalks.

If you're headed to the game, please be careful. Keep updated at the GoDuke.com (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22724&DB_OEM_ID=4200) page. Don't drive if it's treacherous, and even if you make it to campus, you still need to walk on snow and maybe ice. Please be safe.

Translation- no school in the area until Wednesday. Stock up.

sagegrouse
01-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Mrs. Grouse reported this AM that her car thermometer registered -24 here, so 9F is relatively warm.

Devilwin
01-06-2017, 04:44 PM
They are calling for up to ten inches down there...

devildeac
01-06-2017, 04:53 PM
They are calling for up to ten inches down there...

Down where? Hades? (aka as chapel hell?)

BLPOG
01-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Here in the Triangle we are ready for snowpocalypse 2017!

I always preferred this one:

killerleft
01-06-2017, 07:34 PM
Would make sense. It'll be ten degrees and getting colder down by Boulder Dam that day.

(Wait . . . wrong thread?)

Please pull off on the shoulder if you're going Cameron way.

OldPhiKap
01-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Please pull off on the shoulder if you're going Cameron way.

While I was raised up in Milwaukee, I never was that famous.

mgtr
01-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Wasn't Blatz the beer that made Milwaukee famous?

madscavenger
01-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Reportedly when Mark Emmert, spotted at Crunkleton sharing a couple with Tyler Hansbrough earlier tonight picked up the tab, he leaned over and whispered, "You know Ty, no two snowflakes are alike". If anyone can track him down, tell him to call ASPSA. They'll get him some help.

devildeac
01-06-2017, 11:39 PM

No, that was the sound it made...

NYBri
01-07-2017, 12:15 AM

Schlitz, IIRC.

WiJoe
01-07-2017, 12:28 AM
Schlitz, IIRC.

ding ding ding. You are correct!

JohnJ
01-07-2017, 09:04 AM

I haven't heard about Blatz beer in ages.

duketaylor
01-07-2017, 09:11 AM
I thought it was Shotz, from "Laverne and Shirley":p

Saratoga2
01-07-2017, 09:24 AM
While I was raised up in Milwaukee, I never was that famous.

I heard Mel Famy pitched for Milwaukee back when. he was noted for taking a beer now and again in the dugout. His control got bad in the later innings causing one batter to opine "It's the beer that made Mel famy walk us"

ricks68
01-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Schlitz, IIRC.

Hey, let's keep this discussion on this thread and not the beer thread, please. Don't even want a thought of those beers to deal with. Yuk.😨

ricks

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-07-2017, 09:33 AM
So, did we in Asheville steal all your snow? Or is the triangle still getting hit?

devildeac
01-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Schlitz, IIRC.

I thought you got the Schlitz once you were finished with the Blatz? :rolleyes:

Still haven't heard of any cancellation notice for our game.

howardlander
01-07-2017, 10:15 AM
So, did we in Asheville steal all your snow? Or is the triangle still getting hit?

I think you stole most of it. I live in durham county near the eno river.I think we may have 3 inches or so. Quite cold though.

Howard

alteran
01-07-2017, 10:27 AM
I think you stole most of it. I live in durham county near the eno river.I think we may have 3 inches or so. Quite cold though.

Howard

I live off 751 and that's what we have here as well.

The snow is picking back up. I'm in a neighborhood and haven't seen the thoroughfares, but in my neighborhood the road is completely covered.

Indoor66
01-07-2017, 10:40 AM
I don't understand the issue. It's 81° and sunny here. 😈😁😎

mgtr
01-07-2017, 10:47 AM
I don't understand the issue. It's 81° and sunny here. ������

There are precious few advantages to being old, but one is that you can live where there is nice weather!

DU82
01-07-2017, 11:33 AM
I live off 751 and that's what we have here as well.

The snow is picking back up. I'm in a neighborhood and haven't seen the thoroughfares, but in my neighborhood the road is completely covered.

Here in south Durham, there's a crunchy layer below the snow, but the sheet on my car is only about an inch or two. But, as you mentioned, it's snowing here as well, fairly light snow.

jv001
01-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't know what the local weather people are saying, but my wife the weather lady went out and measured the snow and according to her we have 8". That's here in Winston Salem down near Davidson County. I'd rather be where ever Indoor is. I love hot weather, around 90 degrees is perfect. That way when I'm golfing and it begins to rain, I just keep on playing. GoDuke!

ricks68
01-07-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't know what the local weather people are saying, but my wife the weather lady went out and measured the snow and according to her we have 8". That's here in Winston Salem down near Davidson County. I'd rather be where ever Indoor is. I love hot weather, around 90 degrees is perfect. That way when I'm golfing and it begins to rain, I just keep on playing. GoDuke!

On the rare days it broke through 90, towards the DOWN side, is when I was able to play when I lived in Houston. Rain or not, I would still have trouble keeping the club from slipping out of my hands due to the humidity, anyway---at just about any temperature. Grass is always greener, though, isn't it? (Unless it's Texas hard pan, of course.)

ricks

jv001
01-07-2017, 12:01 PM
On the rare days it broke through 90, towards the DOWN side, is when I was able to play when I lived in Houston. Rain or not, I would still have trouble keeping the club from slipping out of my hands due to the humidity, anyway---at just about any temperature. Grass is always greener, though, isn't it? (Unless it's Texas hard pan, of course.)

ricks

I've never played golf in Texas so I don't know about Texas hard pan. :cool: However during North Carolina summers the ground can get pretty hard. I used to hate hitting shots off bare hard ground, but as I've grown in the game it's not a big problem for me. What I hate is the down hill, side hill lie with the ball below my feet. Any tips?:confused: God bless and GoDuke!

ricks68
01-07-2017, 12:39 PM
[/B]

I've never played golf in Texas so I don't know about Texas hard pan. :cool: However during North Carolina summers the ground can get pretty hard. I used to hate hitting shots off bare hard ground, but as I've grown in the game it's not a big problem for me. What I hate is the down hill, side hill lie with the ball below my feet. Any tips?:confused: God bless and GoDuke!

Duketaylor would be THE man for tips, but I can tell you to set your stance and swing parallel to your lie. Also, remember to shorten your club when the ball is above you and bend your knees more when the ball is beneath you. After that, just curse a lot ( but no club throwing ) when you screw up the shot anyway, like I most often do and try to somehow make the green on your next shot...and your next shot...and your next shot...

Texas hard pan is the worst. It's almost like hitting off cement, sometimes. If you are not using graphite clubs to help absorb the shock, your chest will be sore after every round. And grass, you don't need (or have much) no stinkin' grass on Texas golf courses. You've heard of a Texas wedge, haven't you?

For some reason, when it got to 60 degrees or less in Houston, the cold would rip right through you and freeze your hands, so when you hit the hard pan, it would send a shock through your whole being. So, 60 was my cut off. Here in the Asheville area, it's wonderful even playing in the high 40's when the sun comes out. There's just something about the air around here.

Let's just say that golf in North Carolina is so much more enjoyable, in spite of the hilly lies you run into sometimes.😊

ricks

devildeac
01-07-2017, 12:39 PM
I don't understand the issue. It's 81° and sunny here. 😈😁😎

There are precious few advantages to being old, but one is that you can live where there is nice weather!

Are you calling Indoor66 old? :rolleyes:

westwall
01-07-2017, 12:58 PM

- - - -- If your wife agrees.

Indoor66
01-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Are you calling Indoor66 old? :rolleyes:

I knew you were a genius. Just look at your questions! :o:cool:

DU82
01-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Back to the WEATHER! 15-501 and 751 leading to campus were possible, some bare pavement. Longest delay was entering Cameron, as the metal detectors upstairs were not in place, meaning they are wanding everybody entering. Maybe 30 fans upstairs plus ushers, the downstair side across from the benches are about half full of non-students.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
01-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Back to the WEATHER! 15-501 and 751 leading to campus were possible, some bare pavement. Longest delay was entering Cameron, as the metal detectors upstairs were not in place, meaning they are wanding everybody entering. Maybe 30 fans upstairs plus ushers, the downstair side across from the benches are about half full of non-students.

If only I could get there from Asheville in 45 minutes!

Or, you know, I could get out of my driveway.

sagegrouse
01-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Duketaylor would be THE man for tips, but I can tell you to set your stance and swing parallel to your lie. Also, remember to shorten your club when the ball is above you and bend your knees more when the ball is beneath you. After that, just curse a lot ( but no club throwing ) when you screw up the shot anyway, like I most often do and try to somehow make the green on your next shot...and your next shot...and your next shot...

Texas hard pan is the worst. It's almost like hitting off cement, sometimes. If you are not using graphite clubs to help absorb the shock, your chest will be sore after every round. And grass, you don't need (or have much) no stinkin' grass on Texas golf courses. You've heard of a Texas wedge, haven't you?

For some reason, when it got to 60 degrees or less in Houston, the cold would rip right through you and freeze your hands, so when you hit the hard pan, it would send a shock through your whole being. So, 60 was my cut off. Here in the Asheville area, it's wonderful even playing in the high 40's when the sun comes out. There's just something about the air around here.

Let's just say that golf in North Carolina is so much more enjoyable, in spite of the hilly lies you run into sometimes.😊

ricks
Downhill lies? I play a mountain course, so I have had a few. Align your shoulders with the slope. Place the ball back in your stance. Adjust your aim with the expectation that the ball will fade (go right). Hit it. The hardest thing, though, is to make a smooth swing and a strong follow-through with this odd alignment.

Sidehill lies with the ball above your feet. I choke up on the club and expect the ball to hook left a bit.

Sidehill lies with the ball beneath your feet? Let me know the secret when you figure it out.

Tripping William
01-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Downhill lies? I play a mountain course, so I have had a few. Align your shoulders with the slope. Place the ball back in your stance. Adjust your aim with the expectation that the ball will fade (go right). Hit it. The hardest thing, though, is to make a smooth swing and a strong follow-through with this odd alignment.

Sidehill lies with the ball above your feet. I choke up on the club and expect the ball to hook left a bit.

Sidehill lies with the ball beneath your feet? Let me know the secret when you figure it out.

Especially if the green is uphill. Killer.

-jk
01-07-2017, 07:19 PM

I've played that hole at Roaring Gap - it was awful! But wrong thread...

-jk

ricks68
01-07-2017, 07:19 PM

They are all uphill to me, just some more than others.

ricks

Tripping William
01-07-2017, 09:23 PM

-jk

If this were in that other thread, I'd reply that Roaring Gap is high on my want-to-play list. But since it's this one, I'll just say that I'm glad the game went off okay today, and I hope everyone stays safe in this frigid stuff.

jv001
01-08-2017, 10:29 AM

-jk

Sorry I hijacked this thread, but where is Roaring Gap? GoDuke!

Tripping William
01-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Sorry I hijacked this thread, but where is Roaring Gap? GoDuke!

In Roaring Gap, NC, which is just east of Stone Mountain State Park. Donald Ross in the mountains.

jv001
01-08-2017, 10:41 AM
In Roaring Gap, NC, which is just east of Stone Mountain State Park. Donald Ross in the mountains.

Going to put this course on my bucket list. It's not that far from Winston Salem. Thanks for the information. GoDuke!