PDA

View Full Version : Justise Out for the Season

LSanders
01-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Well, this stinks:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18410015/justise-winslow-miami-heat-likely-done-season-torn-labrum

Too many Duke surgeries lately.

Get well, dude!!

NSDukeFan
01-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Well, this stinks:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18410015/justise-winslow-miami-heat-likely-done-season-torn-labrum

Too many Duke surgeries lately.

Get well, dude!!

Could the rims at Cameron still be bothering him two years later? 🤔

weezie
01-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Ouch, that's terrible.

Come back Justise and take a couple of courses. Rehab with to K, too.

MPandolfi
01-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Get well soon, Chief!

Can't imagine the Heat had any desire to get him back on the court this season. They stand to have the third pick in a stacked draft, and are only a game or so behind Philly for the second pick. With Goran possibly being traded before the season is done and the salary they'd shed in the process, they'll be able to sign a top player and be back in the thick of things in a few years.

sagegrouse
01-05-2017, 08:59 AM
There is no justice.

Ballboy1998
01-05-2017, 09:16 AM
There is no justice.

No Justise, no peace!

Indoor66
01-05-2017, 09:49 AM
So very sorry to hear this. I have watched most of the Heat games and his loss is a severe impact on the team. Justise was the consistent force on the 1st Unit defense.

Ichabod Drain
01-05-2017, 10:59 AM
So very sorry to hear this. I have watched most of the Heat games and his loss is a severe impact on the team. Justise was the consistent force on the 1st Unit defense.

Not enough Justise on your team that's why ya Wins low

BandAlum83
01-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Get well soon, Chief!

Can't imagine the Heat had any desire to get him back on the court this season. They stand to have the third pick in a stacked draft, and are only a game or so behind Philly for the second pick. With Goran possibly being traded before the season is done and the salary they'd shed in the process, they'll be able to sign a top player and be back in the thick of things in a few years.

While I get your point, but are you forgetting that there is a lottery? They don't know where in the picking order they will fall.

moonpie23
01-05-2017, 11:07 AM
bummer......get well soon.....AND completely....

MPandolfi
01-05-2017, 11:27 AM
While I get your point, but are you forgetting that there is a lottery? They don't know where in the picking order they will fall.

Not at all. Completely understand that there's a lottery, just saying based on current record they're not too far off from bumping their odds of getting the first pick to almost 20% should they decide to have him sit the remainder of the season.

Ichabod Drain
01-05-2017, 11:32 AM

Somewhat, they know as of now they're guaranteed a top six pick (I think). That's excluding trades and guaranteed/non-guaranteed picks because I don't know enough to keep up with all that. I feel like a top 10 pick in this draft is comparable to a top five pick in a lot of other drafts. Probably comparable to a top two pick last year.

flyingdutchdevil
01-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Get well soon, Chief!

Poor Justise. Heal well, you beautiful human being.

I agree with you, the Heat need to tank. Rest Whiteside. Get Winslow healthy. Trade Goran for a first-round pick (Cavs, anyone?). Trade Ellington. Trade McBob.

With a core of Justise, Whiteside, Richardson, Johnson, Lonzo Ball/Jayson Tatum/Markelle Fultz/Dennis Smith, you have a solid team. Get another player through free agent and you can compete in the East.