PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Ga Tech (Jan 4, 2017)

JBDuke
01-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's beat down of the Yellow Jackets?

Furniture
01-05-2017, 12:15 AM
I voted Harry but Grayson could also have got my vote...

BandAlum83
01-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Grayson Allen...................Welcome Back!!!!

84Duke
01-05-2017, 12:33 AM
I voted Harry but Grayson could also have got my vote...

I did the same. I have seen what Grayson can do in a Duke uniform. I hadn't seen what Harry Giles can do in one... until tonight.

curtis325
01-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Lots of good choices. I'm going with Harry's first double double.

OldPhiKap
01-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Luke set the tone early, and everyone played relaxed after that. Many good choices, but Luke was the one who blew the game open from the beginning.

Glad to see Grayson back, fun to see Tatum and Giles on the floor together as they planned in HS. Four assists from Tatum was nice to see.

Like Bolden's potential, huge upside.

Matt and Amile were very solid.

tbyers11
01-05-2017, 07:47 AM
I voted for Grayson. He set the tone early by becoming the de facto PG in the first 6 minutes. He continually drove and made a good pass or the "extra" pass. The first basket of the game was off a Grayson half-lob to Giles after a nice drive. Luke's first 2 threes were off nice finds by Grayson. He had another nice drive and dish to a wide open Jayson for 3 that he missed. The ball movement and hunting for a great shot instead of a good shot was the key difference here and set the tone for 24 assists on 39 baskets. An assist rate of 61.5%. Make the extra pass should be the mantra for this team.

We have many talented scorers who can slash and drive. Jayson, Luke, Frank (and Grayson). In recent games a lot of these players have taken good (not bad but not great) shots that have a fairly high degree difficulty early in the offense. A lot of them haven't gone in. We weren't making the defense work.

Tonight looked a lot more like that beautiful possession against Florida that was GIF'd around the world in which Luke ended up finding a cutting Amile for an open layup than the one-on-one play we've seen the last 2-3 games.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-05-2017, 08:17 AM
I'm going with Luke for keeping us more than safe until all got their sea legs.
Love, Ima

jbay201
01-05-2017, 10:27 AM
grayson for me. with him at PG, our team was completely different!

53n206
01-05-2017, 10:49 AM
I'm going with Luke for keeping us more than safe until all got their sea legs.
Love, Ima

Completely agree.

azzefkram
01-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Tough call between Harry and Grayson. I went with Grayson. I really enjoyed the game he played. Unselfish, in control and positively engaged.

jv001
01-05-2017, 01:39 PM
I voted for Grayson. He set the tone early by becoming the de facto PG in the first 6 minutes. He continually drove and made a good pass or the "extra" pass. The first basket of the game was off a Grayson half-lob to Giles after a nice drive. Luke's first 2 threes were off nice finds by Grayson. He had another nice drive and dish to a wide open Jayson for 3 that he missed. The ball movement and hunting for a great shot instead of a good shot was the key difference here and set the tone for 24 assists on 39 baskets. An assist rate of 61.5%. Make the extra pass should be the mantra for this team.

We have many talented scorers who can slash and drive. Jayson, Luke, Frank (and Grayson). In recent games a lot of these players have taken good (not bad but not great) shots that have a fairly high degree difficulty early in the offense. A lot of them haven't gone in. We weren't making the defense work.

Tonight looked a lot more like that beautiful possession against Florida that was GIF'd around the world in which Luke ended up finding a cutting Amile for an open layup than the one-on-one play we've seen the last 2-3 games.

You said it way better than I could regarding Grayson getting people involved in the offense. Luke and Harry both very deserving. GoDuke!

elvis14
01-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Voted for Grayson. He set the tone and the entire team followed him to a huge win. What a great kid/player. Way to come back!

Bob Green
01-05-2017, 03:43 PM
A knock on the team has been the lack of a true point guard. Last night, Grayson Allen played the role of point guard, distributing the basketball, ensuring his teammates were involved in the offense. He earned my MOTM vote with seven assists to one turnover.

Runner-up: Harry Giles with a double double but more importantly looking like he belonged on the court. His rebounding skills are impressive.

Honorable Mention: Jayson Tatum with four steals and two blocks. Tatum is a special player on defense.