PDA

View Full Version : Spork complaint

JStuart
12-31-2016, 08:40 AM
As much as I enjoy this particular board, I'm starting this thread to campaign for the elimination of the 'spread things around' rule for sporks.
No, it isn't a major problem in the universe, but I have had it with not being able to send compliments to some excellent posts from our regulars.
I've not ever seen this ridiculous requirement on any other board, and there seems to be a running complaint among many of us, saying things like, 'I can't spork you, as I have to spread sporks around first.'
WTF?
Why can't I send a brief 'thumbs up' to OldPhiKap for his excellent riff on 'The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald' today?
Why does this system exist? What purpose does the rule serve?
JStuart (who fully expects -like all my previous attempts to start a thread- this to drop to the bottom, like the Edmund Fitzgerald)

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 08:51 AM
As much as I enjoy this particular board, I'm starting this thread to campaign for the elimination of the 'spread things around' rule for sporks.
No, it isn't a major problem in the universe, but I have had it with not being able to send compliments to some excellent posts from our regulars.
I've not ever seen this ridiculous requirement on any other board, and there seems to be a running complaint among many of us, saying things like, 'I can't spork you, as I have to spread sporks around first.'
WTF?
Why can't I send a brief 'thumbs up' to OldPhiKap for his excellent riff on 'The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald' today?
JStuart (who fully expects -like all my previous attempts to start a thread- this to drop to the bottom, like the Edmund Fitzgerald)

I appreciate the shout-out, Sporkz or no, JS!

CDu
12-31-2016, 09:25 AM
I think the point is to avoid collusion. Without the rule, someone could find a buddy and agree to give each other pitchforks repeatedly to boost their counts.

In your case, you can always just post or PM your appreciation to that poster. Or, you know, spork others more often.

Indoor66
12-31-2016, 09:42 AM
I think the point is to avoid collusion. Without the rule, someone could find a buddy and agree to give each other pitchforks repeatedly to boost their counts.

In your case, you can always just post or PM your appreciation to that poster. Or, you know, spork others more often.

I would LIKE to think that we have enough integrity on this Board that such collision and deception would not take place but I am not so naive. That said, who cares? The whole rating system ranks up there with participation trophies and un.C.heat banners.

CDu
12-31-2016, 09:52 AM
I would LIKE to think that we have enough integrity on this Board that such collision and deception would not take place but I am not so naive. That said, who cares? The whole rating system ranks up there with participation trophies and un.C.heat banners.

I agree. I don't care about the sporks either and would be just fine if the whole system was gone. Just explaining the logic. And that, if one doesn't care about sporks, there are other ways to give kudos.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 09:53 AM

You obviously haven't read my sporks-into-Bitcoin plan.

Papa John
12-31-2016, 09:57 AM
WTF?

Indoor66
12-31-2016, 10:21 AM
You obviously haven't read my sporks-into-Bitcoin plan.

I'm all in for a cash out. Keep them Sporks commin' 😁😎

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm all in for a cash out. Keep them Sporks commin' 😁😎

1. Collect Sporkz
2. ?????
3. Earn Bitcoins!!!

ricks68
12-31-2016, 10:37 AM
I have to agree with JStuart. Since I am not a prolific sporker, I have been unable to spork the great posts of the "regulars" around here for months. Most times, now, I test the waters by attempting to spork someone just to see if I can and end up giving them sporks on something that may be undeserving to make up for the times I can't. Still can't catch up, however.

ricks

NSDukeFan
12-31-2016, 10:41 AM
WTF?

Thank you very much for highlighting the Wreck reference. Unfortunately, I can't spork either as OPK's posts are often spork-worthy.

NSDukeFan
12-31-2016, 10:48 AM
Do you guys think sporks grow on trees?

uh_no
12-31-2016, 11:19 AM
a solution would be allowing the mechanism to leave a comment, but only for the sporks to count in the same way they do today. much of the reward is the nice message anyhow

Ultrarunner
12-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Do you guys think sporks grow on trees?

Well, they used to (some sanding/whittling required) and let me tell you, they were a major upgrade on the ones we chipped from flint. The young'uns have no appreciation for how easy it is to spork today.

Indoor66
12-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Well, they used to (some sanding/whittling required) and let me tell you, they were a major upgrade on the ones we chipped from flint. The young'uns have no appreciation for how easy it is to spork today.

I used to walk 10 miles uphill both ways to get or give a s.p.o.r.k.

It was even tougher when on a phone.😈

NSDukeFan
12-31-2016, 11:56 AM

Next you're going to tell me there was a time when you couldn't instantly post. It seems with truthiness and fake news, I can choose to believe whatever I want.

Indoor66
12-31-2016, 11:59 AM
Next you're going to tell me there was a time when you couldn't instantly post. It seems with truthiness and fake news, I can choose to believe whatever I want.

No respect for the parquet floor. 😈😥😎

Papa John
12-31-2016, 12:12 PM
a solution would be allowing the mechanism to leave a comment, but only for the sporks to count in the same way they do today. much of the reward is the nice message anyhow

Wait a minute... Are you calling us posters "mechanisms"? I've never felt so objectified in my life...

;-)

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-31-2016, 12:20 PM
I used to think sporks were a big deal. Then I got a bunch, and I realize any Joe Schmo can get them with enough wasted time - er, I mean, persistence.

brevity
12-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Or, you know, spork others more often.

There it is.

I rarely run into this particular spork problem because of my, um, generosity. I give out A LOT of sporks, probably more than any other user. (Twice this morning, so now I must rest.) If I can't spork a post, it means I've credited its writer very recently.

While we're on the subject, I have two other problems with sporks:

1. You cannot spork more than 5 times in a 24-hour period. I guess the reason is to prevent a flood of sporks, thereby diluting the value of a spork in the spork market? Not sure why the DBR masters think their users can't come up with 6 or more really good posts a day, because they do, and I can only spork the first 5.

2. Spork totals are kind of meaningless after you gain that 11th pitchfork. (Users can see their own spork totals on the Settings page, but this is not public information.) I mean, I know I'm better than OldPhiKap, but how will everyone else?

uh_no
12-31-2016, 12:59 PM
I used to think sporks were a big deal. Then I got a bunch, and I realize any Joe Schmo can get them with enough wasted time - er, I mean, persistence.

whoah whoah.....no time is wasted if you got sporked for it....

I wear my 6000+ posts as a badge in honor of how much time I've wasted!

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 01:29 PM
There it is.

I rarely run into this particular spork problem because of my, um, generosity. I give out A LOT of sporks, probably more than any other user. (Twice this morning, so now I must rest.) If I can't spork a post, it means I've credited its writer very recently.

1. You cannot spork more than 5 times in a 24-hour period. I guess the reason is to prevent a flood of sporks, thereby diluting the value of a spork in the spork market? Not sure why the DBR masters think their users can't come up with 6 or more really good posts a day, because they do, and I can only spork the first 5.

2. Spork totals are kind of meaningless after you gain that 11th pitchfork. (Users can see their own spork totals on the Settings page, but this is not public information.) I mean, I know I'm better than OldPhiKap, but how will everyone else?

Everyone knows you're funnier than I am. But looks aren't everything.

(Ba-da-bing!!!)

Oh, how I amuse myself.

Not on park benches anymore, though.

(Tried to spork your post, but, well . . . .)

JohnJ
12-31-2016, 04:23 PM
So, what are the rules exactly?

As far as I can tell you can only give one spork to someone until you have given "enough" sporks to other people. How many do I have to give out until I can give a second spork to someone?

devildeac
12-31-2016, 04:40 PM

Hey, hey, hey, I went to class. Took notes on stone tablets, too.

devildeac
12-31-2016, 04:45 PM
There it is.

I remember way back when/in the day when I was able to spork more in the morning, but now, alas, it's only once. If that. :o

Five times in a 24 hour period? Never. :o

devildeac
12-31-2016, 04:47 PM
So, what are the rules exactly?

As far as I can tell you can only give one spork to someone until you have given "enough" sporks to other people. How many do I have to give out until I can give a second spork to someone?

Best I can tell:

1. Maximum #of sporks in a 24 hour period is 5.
2. Must spork about 25 other posters before repeat sporking.

JohnJ
12-31-2016, 05:02 PM
Best I can tell:

1. Maximum #of sporks in a 24 hour period is 5.
2. Must spork about 25 other posters before repeat sporking.

Thanks. Just sent a spork your way.

I had no idea about there're being a limit in a 24 hour period and 25 before re-sporting is way more than I ever thought I would be.

Ultrarunner
12-31-2016, 05:06 PM
For those of you looking for the spork-worthy, try Merlindevildog91's parody on the "Jinx" thread. Deserves many, many sporks.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 05:07 PM
For those of you looking for the spork-worthy, try Merlindevildog91's parody on the "Jinx" thread. Deserves many, many sporks.

Absolutely agree.

devildeac
12-31-2016, 05:13 PM

Agreed. I tried but alas, got the usual disclaimer, so someone will have to cover my @#$ again. :o

Rogue
12-31-2016, 05:21 PM
I don't even know how "sporks " are give or received ( receiving a spork is ,, well,, scary to think about :) )

So I come here to read and stay updated on what's going on with D U K E , from a little more mature fan base.

AND to try to figure out when unCHEATS will actually go on probation, and have banners removed.

wsb3
12-31-2016, 05:30 PM
I used to walk 10 miles uphill both ways to get or give a s.p.o.r.k.

It was even tougher when on a phone.😈

Tried to spork you for this but to no avail.

JStuart
12-31-2016, 05:31 PM
I remember way back when/in the day when I was able to spork more in the morning, but now, alas, it's only once. If that. :o

Or, to paraphrase an old saying, 'What I used to do all night (spork), now takes me all night to do(spork)'
And then there's, 'Once a King (spork), always a King. But once a Knight is enough'

Oh, do spork limitations carry over into the next year?

Happy New Year to you, DevilDeac...whatcha drinking?

Indoor66
12-31-2016, 05:35 PM
Tried to spork you for this but to no avail.

See what I mean? 😁😎

Merlindevildog91
12-31-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't even know how "sporks " are give or received ( receiving a spork is ,, well,, scary to think about :) )

So I come here to read and stay updated on what's going on with D U K E , from a little more mature fan base.

AND to try to figure out when unCHEATS will actually go on probation, and have banners removed.

The little box in the bottom left corner with a stylized green smile emoji (the old school kind) and a red frown emoji is the key to sporks. To give one, click on that little box and a screen pops up where you can approve or disapprove of a post. You have a place to add a comment. If you approve, the person gets a positive comment. With enough positive comments, you get a spork, which is just under your name.

Thank you for the kind comments on "Ol Roy Went Down to Georgia." I so much wanted to spork OPK for "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" but hadn't passed out enough sporks.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 06:09 PM
The little box in the bottom left corner with a stylized green smile emoji (the old school kind) and a red frown emoji is the key to sporks. To give one, click on that little box and a screen pops up where you can approve or disapprove of a post. You have a place to add a comment. If you approve, the person gets a positive comment. With enough positive comments, you get a spork, which is just under your name.

Thank you for the kind comments on "Ol Roy Went Down to Georgia." I so much wanted to spork OPK for "The Wreck of the Deansmith Roywilliams" but hadn't passed out enough sporks.

FIFY.

Ultrarunner
12-31-2016, 06:17 PM
FIFY.

Still can't spork you. And I even followed Brevity's advice about spork promiscuity. No go.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Still can't spork you. And I even followed Brevity's advice about spork promiscuity. No go.

Use protection, the internet is a scary place.

Rich
12-31-2016, 06:38 PM
I like sporks. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Papa John
12-31-2016, 07:01 PM

...you're Joe Schmo? I've heard so much about you... Of course, it's pretty nondescript, run-of-the-mill kinda stuff... But still...

Fish80
12-31-2016, 07:36 PM
This is all part of the liberal left media agenda to promote promiscuity. Proactive reproductive interracial desegregation. (Movie reference, folks 😳😊)

devildeac
12-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Or, to paraphrase an old saying, 'What I used to do all night (spork), now takes me all night to do(spork)'
And then there's, 'Once a King (spork), always a King. But once a Knight is enough'

Oh, do spork limitations carry over into the next year?

Happy New Year to you, DevilDeac...whatcha drinking?

Bottled water and soft drinks. On call tonight and tomorrow. You know the drill/story. :(

devildeac
12-31-2016, 07:50 PM

I checked/counted a couple times when the spork system first started and I believe you have to spork about 25 other posters before you're/your/yer/yore/youze/y'ins allowed/a loud to spork the same person again. I swear it's even more now cuz I'm pretty promiscuous/sporktacular. :o

And OPK is correct about protecting yourself when Internet sporking. :p

Fish80
12-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Jack W.h.i.t.e. got some minutes today.

CrazyNotCrazie
12-31-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm not losing any sleep over sporks but I don't see why someone couldn't publish:
- how the number of points per spork is calculated;
- how many points per visible spork;
- how many other sporks you have to give before you can re-spork someone

Providing this info might even earn you some sporks!

NSDukeFan
12-31-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm not losing any sleep over sporks but I don't see why someone couldn't publish:

I believe you have to pay on KenPom's site to get a full description of the calculations involved in how many points sporks are worth depending on your strength of posts, posting rate, your sporker's strength of posts rate, sporker's posting efficiency, etc.

Snork
12-31-2016, 09:32 PM
While skimming the forum, I thought to myself, "'Snork complaint'? What have I done? I post once every 2-3 years!"

Admittedly, I had a few adult beverages after today's game, which has impacted my reading comprehension.

In any event, Happy New Year everyone... See you in 2019!

-Snork

uh_no
12-31-2016, 09:44 PM
I believe you have to pay on KenPom's site to get a full description of the calculations involved in how many points sporks are worth depending on your strength of posts, posting rate, your sporker's strength of posts rate, sporker's posting efficiency, etc.

four factors of efficient spork offense:
1) stats....any post which contains stats is better than one that does not. Not too many, or too obscure though....or the "eye test" crowd will come down hard with the flames
2) humor...jokes should be used when necessary. references to DBR history are worth double points. PUNs are always welcome
3) appropriate length. Too short, and you can't get the content in!...too long....zzzzzzz....knowing when to stop typing and go back to the bottle is an art. The best master it and go on to spork glory
4) excessive shows of fanhood. Do you feel it getting hotter than hell and want everyone to know? Will duke win by 50 over another top 10 team?

Ultrarunner
12-31-2016, 10:11 PM
1) stats...any post which contains stats is better than one that does not. Not too many, or too obscure though...or the "eye test" crowd will come down hard with the flames
2) humor...jokes should be used when necessary. references to DBR history are worth double points. PUNs are always welcome
3) appropriate length. Too short, and you can't get the content in!...too long...zzzzzzz...knowing when to stop typing and go back to the bottle is an art. The best master it and go on to spork glory
4) excessive shows of fanhood. Do you feel it getting hotter than hell and want everyone to know? Will duke win by 50 over another top 10 team?

The bolded part is only 68 percent effective and that's only with proper rotation/spin. Can't give any advice on #2. On #3, I tend towards wordy. #4 NO JINXING

devil84
12-31-2016, 10:15 PM

To provide this information, some admin-type needs to wade through the code (good luck getting one of us to spend our free time doing that!). It's not readily documented so that the system can't be gamed for personal gain nor can posters be picked on by a small clique. To that end, there's quite the algorithm to reward those that give/receive more comments among other factors. I do remember that the first five pitchforks represent 100 points each, and the ones with the shadow underneath represent even more, though the number escapes me and wasn't easily looked up. How many points one gives per comment and how many you have to give before commenting again vary, and no, I have no idea how its programmed.

My suggestion is to comment on posts you like (or dislike). Use your five comments per day judiciously. Find a number of other posters you like and compliment them (or provide constructive criticism -- all board rules apply to comments, too, so do it nicely). And understand that it's supposed to be difficult to amass large numbers of points. There is a max display capacity of 10 pitchforks, so savor the journey, and recognize that those that have 10 are highly valued by the DBR readers.

uh_no
12-31-2016, 10:36 PM
The bolded part is only 68 percent effective and that's only with proper rotation/spin. Can't give any advice on #2. On #3, I tend towards wordy. #4 NO JINXING

Now that we have stats...I think we need a fantasy poster league....draft your team...whoever's team's posters have the most points and pitchforks at the end of the week wins. I'd sign up for that.

Who would the first pick be? Kedsy? Bob? Jim? OPK?

micah75
12-31-2016, 10:41 PM
While skimming the forum, I thought to myself, "'Snork complaint'? What have I done? I post once every 2-3 years!"

Admittedly, I had a few adult beverages after today's game, which has impacted my reading comprehension.

In any event, Happy New Year everyone... See you in 2019!

-Snork

Ha. I remember this one time in high school when a guy named Lee Atwater picked a fight with Johnny Sax. They were both seniors, me a junior, in Columbia, South Carolina, '69. Lunch break. I had a bird's eye view, from atop the stairs of the gym. The guy next to me was bemoaning how juvenile they were.

Me? I dunno, I just happened to be there. Just soaking it all in. At least a hundred people watching. Sax threw the first punch, but missed. Then Atwater, a cool blues guitarist who would occasionally sing on Friday assemblies started swinging away. With fury. Like I had never seen before. Sax was the heavy favorite, but once Atwater retaliated with his onslaught, I knew Sax was a goner. Atwater's mom was my Spanish teacher, and a good one at that.

Lee was throwing haymakers like I had never seen before. He wasn't an athlete... didn't play any varsity sports, but he somehow knew the art of aggression. "The best defense is a good offense".

I never witnessed such a flurry of punches before. Most of the blows missed, as they usually do in schoolyard fights. But Sax backed off. He was a smoker, Atwater was not.

The non-violent won. Not by a knockout, mind you, just a tko.

A few days later I saw Lee and a friend of his in the library, and Lee had some tiny kid boxing gloves on a couple of fingers and was joking around, saying "C'mon Sax, let's boogie!"

I thought nothing of it at the time. Little did I know, some 21 years later when he was hospitalized, that "whoa... I know this man, and I knew his Mom". I knew his clique and his elite social circle, and I knew he was a good guy as well. As was Johnny Sax.

The point? Not sure. Just that it is a memory not shared by many. Especially from my vantage point atop the gym stairwell. And knowing Lee as a musician, but suddenly seeing him as an aggressive fighter, then hearing about his fame later on as a politician. It all kind of hit home in 1990 when I was in Hillsborough NC, and heard about his illness.

Hope this isn't way off-topic, but if so, feel free to move it.

Fight! Fight! :-)

JStuart
12-31-2016, 11:40 PM
Bottled water and soft drinks. On call tonight and tomorrow. You know the drill/story. :(

Ah, I'm on starting 7:30am tomorrow through the weekend. Been telling folks not to read the print on their champagne corks & point them away from everyone tonight so I don't have to evaluate hyphemas all day tomorrow 😜 Best for you in 2017, at least for 48 hrs..

Steven43
12-31-2016, 11:49 PM
That said, who cares? The whole rating system ranks up there with participation trophies and unCheat banners.
Quite possibly the simplest, most meaningful DBR post ever.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 11:54 PM
There is a max display capacity of 10 pitchforks, so savor the journey, and recognize that those that have 10 are highly valued by the DBR readers.

"My Sporkz go to eleven"

uh_no
01-01-2017, 12:10 AM
"My Sporkz go to eleven"

I just sporked Mariah Carey for that performance....

YmoBeThere
01-01-2017, 07:54 AM
I like big sporkz and I cannot lie...

hudlow
01-01-2017, 08:23 AM
I will be practicing safe sporking in 2017

curtis325
01-01-2017, 09:00 AM
1) stats...any post which contains stats is better than one that does not. Not too many, or too obscure though...or the "eye test" crowd will come down hard with the flames
3) appropriate length. Too short, and you can't get the content in!...too long...zzzzzzz...knowing when to stop typing and go back to the bottle is an art. The best master it and go on to spork glory

5) numbered list

Troublemaker
01-01-2017, 09:06 AM
I do remember that the first five pitchforks represent 100 points each, and the ones with the shadow underneath represent even more, though the number escapes me and wasn't easily looked up.

Wow, I've been starting at sporks for years and never even noticed the shadow until you pointed it out.

NYBri
01-01-2017, 09:20 AM
4 pages of posts about sports. Not sure what that says about us, but it can't be flattering.

Ultrarunner
01-01-2017, 09:57 AM
4 pages of posts about sports. Not sure what that says about us, but it can't be flattering.

That there's no subject Duke-related that the fine folks of DBR won't spend spork-tacular amounts of time discussing?

YmoBeThere
01-01-2017, 10:13 AM
My resolution in 2017 is to Spork my brains out.

YmoBeThere
01-01-2017, 10:17 AM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7006&stc=1

By the way, what is the little return arrow on some folks posts? The one on the left of the image above? I click it on it but no action.

rsvman
01-01-2017, 10:59 AM
All I really know about sporks is that I apparently agree with the same posters over and over, because I keep getting the dreaded "you must spread some comments around" warning.

That and that my self-confidence is flagging, so please spork this post even though it is not spork-worthy. K.thnx.bye

uh_no
01-01-2017, 01:25 PM
http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7006&stc=1

By the way, what is the little return arrow on some folks posts? The one on the left of the image above? I click it on it but no action.

Return to sender!

moonpie23
01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
ok...so, i had NEVER seen the shadow under the sporkz either, so i went back and checked mine and i actually have some on the last 5 i've received.......i'm requesting an audit to find out what the shadows are for...

i'll report back...

devildeac
01-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Return to sender!

Great. Another hijack. This would likely be best included in this thread:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?38782-Favorite-All-Time-Great-Rock-Songs

;)

devildeac
01-01-2017, 01:40 PM
ok...so, i had NEVER seen the shadow under the sporkz either, so i went back and checked mine and i actually have some on the last 5 i've received...i'm requesting an audit to find out what the shadows are for...

i'll report back...

In the true "spirit" of DBR, you actually have shadows/lines under 6 of your sporks. ;)

In my case, I think it reflects my shadowy character/posting...

:o

Indoor66
01-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Maybe the shadows are like Oak Leaf Clusters on medals for valor.

jacone21
01-01-2017, 02:16 PM
My resolution in 2017 is to Spork my brains out.

I'm pretty sure that makes you a spore.

devildeac
01-01-2017, 02:24 PM
I think whereinthehellamI has it figured out.

;)

LasVegas
01-01-2017, 08:03 PM

Not meant to start a discussion on this. Just funny given recent events. So laugh and thank your liver for helping you out today/last night.

Turk
01-02-2017, 01:12 PM

If you mouse over it and hold, it pops up with "Mozilla5.0 (<tech gobbledygook blah blah blah/>)". Captain Obvious is guessing the arrow gets added when you post from a phone using Mozilla. One says "Mozilla5.0 (IPhone blah blah) and another says "Mozilla5.0 (Android blah blah)".

I hate it when developers leave their debugging popups hanging around. It detracts from the magic. I would have liked it better if an Anthony Davis "BLOCKED" gif popped up instead.

Turk
01-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Also, some folks might not know that if you hover the cursor over the number of sporks, you get a popup with a cute little description. "Turk is All-ACC"! Don't give me any more sporks, I'm happy with that and my life is now complete!

(You definitely do NOT want to be "a Heel, a Troll, or Clueless")

And those whose sporks "go to eleven" are called "manager" - eeew. That sounds too much like work to me.

OldPhiKap
01-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Also, some folks might not know that if you hover the cursor over the number of sporks, you get a popup with a cute little description. "Turk is All-ACC"! Don't give me any more sporks, I'm happy with that and my life is now complete!

(You definitely do NOT want to be "a Heel, a Troll, or Clueless")

And those whose sporks "go to eleven" are called "manager" - eeew. That sounds too much like work to me.

Did not know that, I typically am on a notepad and that does not pop up.

If I am a manager, something's gone horribly wrong.

moonpie23
01-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Did not know that, I typically am on a notepad and that does not pop up.

If I am a manager, something's gone horribly wrong.

you are...

sweet, what's mine say?

BlueTeuf
01-02-2017, 07:07 PM
now can I have a spork?

devildeac
01-02-2017, 07:17 PM
you are...

sweet, what's mine say?

Go to hell, c*rolina, go to hell.

Same as mine.

;)

DukieInKansas
01-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Go to hell, c*rolina, go to hell.

Same as mine.

;)

I want mine to say 9F.

You are still a manager. Hmmm

devildeac
01-03-2017, 01:53 PM
I want mine to say 9F.

You are still a manager. Hmmm

Make 9F your signature or see if you can make the Blue Devil with the 9F on the chest your sig and/or your avatar ;). And that's not crazietalk. :rolleyes:

BandAlum83
01-04-2017, 06:21 PM

Nor how willing people are to get sporked. If only it were so easy while I was at Duke!

BandAlum83
01-04-2017, 06:22 PM
whoah whoah....no time is wasted if you got sporked for it...

I wear my 6000+ posts as a badge in honor of how much time I've wasted!

I'm proud of my sporks per post. That's my badge of honor!

BandAlum83
01-04-2017, 06:23 PM

It's just so easy now! Swipe right, SPORK, leave.

ricks68
01-04-2017, 09:36 PM
I'm proud of my sporks per post. That's my badge of honor!

You're not even close to my ratio. Check it out, and then give me some more undeserved sporks so that I can have an even more disproportionate and undeserved ratio.:p

ricks

devildeac
01-07-2017, 12:38 PM
If we all went wildly promiscuous here, given the southern/southeastern/(soon-to-be) mid-Atlantic and northeast weather conditions, could we refer to it on DBR as The Asporkalypse? :rolleyes:

(I'll leave now.)

ricks68
01-07-2017, 12:49 PM
If we all went wildly promiscuous here, given the southern/southeastern/(soon-to-be) mid-Atlantic and northeast weather conditions, could we refer to it on DBR as The Asporkalypse? :rolleyes:

(I'll leave now.)

I think I am going to hit the beer fridge now, literally.

Moderators, please.......and then send help to devildeac's house, IMMEDIATELY!

(I feel so, so badly for you, Joy.)

ricks

BLPOG
01-07-2017, 01:11 PM
5) numbered list

6) References to beer, especially when allowing for a Gordon Lightfoot corollary
7) References to rock songs, especially if they are approapriate when drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
8) Allusion to Throatybeard's pocket reference, the more dated the better (as that's harder to achieve)
9) Excessive puns