PDA

View Full Version : Does Coach K hold any open practices?

cascadedevil
10-12-2007, 07:30 AM
I recently moved back to the Triangle. I know that years ago Coach K would occasionally allow members of the public to watch practice. Does that happen any more?

JasonEvans
10-12-2007, 08:32 AM
I recently moved back to the Triangle. I know that years ago Coach K would occasionally allow members of the public to watch practice. Does that happen any more?

There's usually at least one. I think it is generally the first weeek or so off practice. You may want to call the basketball office to see if they know when it will be.

--Jason "I bet Watzone knows!" Evans

OZZIE4DUKE
10-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Usually the Friday afternoon of Parents Weekend is the open practice. Usually this is the day before the Blue White game (October 27) and is the last weekend in October, but not this year. Parents weekend is the following weekend (November 2 - 4) and there is an exhibition game that Saturday following a home football game.

So at this point your guess is as good as mine. October 26 or November 2? It is a toss up. I think I'd go with the Parents Weekend date of Nov. 2.

dkbaseball
10-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I believe it used to be open on Fridays, but we'll have to await Watzone's definitive answer. Closed practices by the K/Knight camp are a bit of a gripe with me. Lute Olson opens all of his to the public. I went around a lot during the '88-'89 season, and it was a good learning experience to watch him bring that team, featuring Sean Elliot and Kenny Lofton, together. Ditto for Gary Williams. You can watch him lose it totally on any given day. I once saw him kick his team off the floor and the ball into the upper level grandstands at Cole Field House.

riverside6
10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
In lieu of starting a new thread, it'd be great to stay injury free through say the first week of the season. It seems like every season it happens to someone, and last year it was Duke. Let's all cross our fingers.

watzone
10-12-2007, 09:30 AM
It is the Friday of the Blue-White game. At this point there are no other practices open to the public. Duke will be practicing tonight around 7:00. Wouldn't we love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

elvis14
10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
It is the Friday of the Blue-White game. At this point there are no other practices open to the public. Duke will be practicing tonight around 7:00. Wouldn't we love to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Could someone please sneak into practice with a video camera and take some footage and put it up on youtube :cool:. I'd really appreciate it :D I am really excited about this team (of course, I probably say that every year) and can't wait to see how they come together. I think we could really surprise some people....9F

watzone
10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Could someone please sneak into practice with a video camera and take some footage and put it up on youtube :cool:. I'd really appreciate it :D I am really excited about this team (of course, I probably say that every year) and can't wait to see how they come together. I think we could really surprise some people....9F

Security is akin to Fort Knox. If you try and do such a thing, about thirty student managers will converge on you and roll you down the tunnel that leads to Card Gym;)

elvis14
10-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Security is akin to Fort Knox. If you try and do such a thing, about thirty student managers will converge on you and roll you down the tunnel that leads to Card Gym;)

LOL, notice I didn't say "could someone help me sneak in" :D You know I just thought I'd politely ask in case some other sucker ah I mean person wanted to give it a shot.

I'm so geeked about the season it's not even funny! Someone asked me yesterday about open practices and I didn't know the answer. Glad to hear there's at least one....hope I can go.