PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke vs Kentucky, 69-54 victory

CameronBornAndBred
12-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Very nice win by the women tonight, on the same evening that Elizabeth Williams' jersey is lifted to the rafters.
I missed most except for the 4th, but from what I gather, it was a strong defensive showing. It was fun to hear E.Will do color commentary from the crow's nest.
Also a nice bit to brighten the night, the women Wuffies sat on Muffet's tuffet. Down goes ND.

CameronBornAndBred
12-29-2016, 09:03 PM
By the way, DWB was ranked 15 and UK 17 going into this game. We are looking like a team that can have an enjoyable post season.

Newton_14
12-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Very nice win by the women tonight, on the same evening that Elizabeth Williams' jersey is lifted to the rafters.
I missed most except for the 4th, but from what I gather, it was a strong defensive showing. It was fun to hear E.Will do color commentary from the crow's nest.
Also a nice bit to brighten the night, the women Wuffies sat on Muffet's tuffet. Down goes ND.

That's awesome. (Both sets of news). Hopefully our ladies will continue to play well as they enter the conference schedule.

Go Duke!

MChambers
12-29-2016, 09:17 PM
Anyone else think this thread was going to be about 'cue?

Nice win, however.

killerleft
12-29-2016, 10:26 PM
Anyone else think this thread was going to be about 'cue?

Nice win, however.

Um, not me. But we're never very far from a McCallie barbeque.

I agree that this was a nice win. A verrrry nice win.:)

jimsumner
12-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Duke had to overcome some adversity for this one. Kentucky jumped to an 8-2 lead, Odom played three minutes in the first half after two quick fouls and Greenwell scored two points in the first half. Duke was outrebounded and committed 21 turnovers.

But defense kept Duke in the game. Duke went on an 11-0 run spanning the third and fourth quarters and held Kentucky without a field goal for the first eight minutes of the fourth quarter.

It should be noted that Kentucky blew out Miami and took Louisville into overtime before losing by two.

So, a very, very solid win heading into ACC play.

And Lexie Brown was the best player on the floor. She's really, really good and seems to be at her best when the competition is at its best.

burnspbesq
12-29-2016, 11:10 PM
I hope Kendall didn't hurt herself trying to keep from laughing after her reach-under-the-defender's-arm, left-handed scoop somehow went in.

Kedsy
12-30-2016, 12:41 AM
Also, in a game where the opposing game plan was clearly to shut down Becca, she still got 10 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists. And Kendall scored 10 points with 3 assists in just 17 minutes.

Dr. Rosenrosen
12-30-2016, 09:20 AM
I'm curious from those who are closer to Duke WBB, what's different this year? Last year was a bit of $#@!show with the program seemingly teetering on the edge. This year it feels like there is greater focus with minimal to no noise. Is it the lack of expectations that has them playing differently/better? Whatever it is, it's nice to see.

OldPhiKap
12-30-2016, 09:26 AM
The Duke women are quietly putting together a pretty nice year so far. He's hoping for continued success and (AFAIK) calm waters.

jwillfan
12-30-2016, 09:31 AM
The Duke women are quietly putting together a pretty nice year so far. He's hoping for continued success and (AFAIK) calm waters.

Quietly is right. They get zero coverage in the local paper N&O. Nothing about either of last 2 games which ended early enough to make press. State's win over ND also no love.

CameronBornAndBred
12-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Quietly is right. They get zero coverage in the local paper N&O. Nothing about either of last 2 games which ended early enough to make press. State's win over ND also no love.

Both games were featured on wral's site, which was nice. They don't often give coverage to WBB unless it is a rivalry game.

chrishoke
12-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Duke essentially shot 50% from the field and from the three point line - against a top 20 team. Lexie led the way with 24 points.

jimsumner
12-30-2016, 12:01 PM
As an aside, Haley Gorecki dressed out, warmed up but did not play. I am told that her return is not imminent. Still shooting for January, hopefully the first half of the month. But she's still getting back to speed.

burnspbesq
12-30-2016, 05:01 PM
Speaking of quiet, Duke's post trio combimed for a quiet 25 and 11.

Kedsy
12-30-2016, 08:29 PM

Yeah, but they did it in 64 minutes played.

CameronBornAndBred
12-30-2016, 11:24 PM

Duke had the engineering department develop a more fuel efficient tractor for this season. Cuts down on noise and emissions.

OldPhiKap
12-31-2016, 06:48 AM
Duke had the engineering department develop a more fuel efficient tractor for this season. Cuts down on noise and emissions.

"Must spread comments . . . . ."

DukePA
12-31-2016, 11:18 AM

BOOM!!!

NSDukeFan
12-31-2016, 12:00 PM

I got on of those too.

devildeac
12-31-2016, 04:28 PM

Mrs. dd would like this part around our household. :o

devildeac
12-31-2016, 04:29 PM

Sporks planted/sowed.