PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world - brush with Duke FB family in transit

CDu
12-26-2016, 08:13 PM
While waiting in line to check in at ATL for the CDu family flight home, we were next to a very pleasant woman who noticed we were headed for RDU. She asked if we were UNC fans or Duke fans. We of course said Duke. She said, "oh good, I am too!" My son graduated from there. I said, "me too! Class of '01." She replied, "oh my son is a baby - he graduated in '10. He played QB there. His name is Thaddeus Lewis." Sadly, I didn't get more time to chat with her, but it was very fun getting a pleasant reminder of the Duke family on my way back home.

Happy holidays DBR!!!

uh_no
12-26-2016, 09:11 PM
While waiting in line to check in at ATL for the CDu family flight home, we were next to a very pleasant woman who noticed we were headed for RDU. She asked if we were UNC fans or Duke fans. We of course said Duke. She said, "oh good, I am too!" My son graduated from there. I said, "me too! Class of '01." She replied, "oh my son is a baby - he graduated in '10. He played QB there. His name is Thaddeus Lewis." Sadly, I didn't get more time to chat with her, but it was very fun getting a pleasant reminder of the Duke family on my way back home.

Happy holidays DBR!!!

I ran into Mr Renfree a few years ago and we had a chat. Great family to be a part of :)

1999ballboy
12-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Small world indeed. I loved Thad- one of my best Duke football memories was watching him play the game of his life at NCSU in '09 against a Russell Wilson-led team.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-28-2016, 06:08 AM
Small world indeed. I loved Thad- one of my best Duke football memories was watching him play the game of his life at NCSU in '09 against a Russell Wilson-led team.
That was a fun game! I was there too! We just kept scoring and scoring and scoring and... :cool:

Devilwin
12-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Ran into Billy King at a gas station in Greensboro a few years ago. Very amiable guy, we talked Duke sports for 15 minutes...

Reilly
12-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Ran into Billy King at a gas station ...

And you were left with the charge? Ba-dum-bum ...

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-28-2016, 09:06 PM
I met Wojo at a Whole Foods once. I went all fanboy on him, he was gracious. This was... 15 years ago?