PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Appreciation Thread

ipatent
12-26-2016, 11:17 AM
When I was a senior in the spring of '83, the future of Duke basketball still looked in doubt. Despite the presence of a group of talented freshmen, they had barely eked out a double digit win total the previous season. Hard to believe now, but fans were grumbling. Then one spring day a friend and I sat down in the tennis bleachers on the way to Card Gym for a workout and watched Coach K play tennis for a while in a charity tournament. Mrs. K sat down nearby and told a few of us that "Mike" wasn't a long time tennis player, but when he decided to do something, he practiced until he did it right. I remember mulling that over and thinking at least Coach K had someone at home that would always be in his corner.

I have had over thirty holiday seasons since then, and some were better than others, but one constant for most of them has been the gift of hope that Duke will be playing late into March. I'm sure the man has had many accolades that mean more, but this fan sends his appreciation.

Devilwin
12-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Simply the greatest basketball coach ever...

mgtr
12-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Simply the greatest basketball coach ever...

...across all levels.

duke4ever19
12-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Too much?

moonpie23
12-26-2016, 09:45 PM
the G.O.A.T......

Fish80
12-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Coach K is the greatest, but right now he will channel all of his greatness to help Grayson, which just makes him greater.