PDA

View Full Version : A Bold Prediction

Volunteer Duke
12-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Duke wins the 2017 national championship.

Duke adds Mo Bamba, Kevin Knox, and Trevon Duval to next season's roster.

Duke wins the 2018 national championship.

Duke adds Marvin Bagley, Zion Williamson, Cameron Reddish, Darius Garland, etc. to the next year's roster.

Duke wins the 2019 national championship.

K drops the mic, passes the baton to Jeff Capel, and retires with 8 rings, as Calipari continues to recruit 5 stars who can't shoot.

rsvman
12-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Ozzie.

Wander
12-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Calipari continues to recruit 5 stars who can't shoot.

Um, did you miss this (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400910689) game?

(I like the other stuff though)

NSDukeFan
12-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Um, did you miss this (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400910689) game?

As much as I might not like that he went to UK, Devin Booker also says hi.

richardjackson199
12-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Duke wins the 2017 national championship.

Duke adds Mo Bamba, Kevin Knox, and Trevon Duval to next season's roster.

Duke wins the 2018 national championship.

Duke adds Marvin Bagley, Zion Williamson, Cameron Reddish, Darius Garland, etc. to the next year's roster.

Duke wins the 2019 national championship.

K drops the mic, passes the baton to Jeff Capel, and retires with 8 rings, as Calipari continues to recruit 5 stars who can't shoot.

You're right - this is worthy of a new thread and not the optimism thread. This is more the delusional thread. But I like happy optimistic delusions too.
We won't get Bagley unless you know something I don't (likely). Bagley is 80% to UK by the guys who know this stuff on 247. The other 20% is for UCLA. There was mutual interest with Duke early, and it's still early, but I don't see him coming to Duke. So substitute Bagley for Tre Jones.
And as others noted, Monk can shoot and is lethal.

So after winning in 2019, K says hell, I only need 3 more to pass Wooden. So he wins 2020, 2021, and 2022 as well. Then Capel takes the baton and wins 2023. That's my contribution to the delusion and all I want for Christmas.

devildeac
12-23-2016, 04:14 PM
You're right - this is worthy of a new thread and not the optimism thread. This is more the delusional thread. But I like happy optimistic delusions too.
We won't get Bagley unless you know something I don't (likely). Bagley is 80% to UK by the guys who know this stuff on 247. The other 20% is for UCLA. There was mutual interest with Duke early, and it's still early, but I don't see him coming to Duke. So substitute Bagley for Tre Jones.

So after winning in 2019, K says hell, I only need 3 more to pass Wooden. So he wins 2020, 2021, and 2022 as well. Then Capel takes the baton and wins 2023. That's my contribution to the delusion and all I want for Christmas.

Do people in your profession have medication for problems like this?

(;))

Indoor66
12-23-2016, 04:27 PM

(;))

I think there are too many meds involved already. Probably amphetamines. :p:cool:

richardjackson199
12-23-2016, 04:49 PM

(;))

Of course. Takes one to know one. :) But inherent in delusional disorder is complete lack of insight. I don't have a problem - the belief is fixed because I'm sure it's true! So no meds here. Plus good beer works better and is more worth the weight gain. And amphetamines would probably kill me - I have enough natural passion to trip Steven A., Seth, and all the haters on the IC.

Volunteer Duke
12-23-2016, 05:10 PM

With regards to Bagley, I'll just say I am a 247 subscriber and it is well worth the money. ;)

K could theoretically win it all in 2020 with R.J. Barrett and Bryan Antoine. ;) 4 in a row would be sweet.

K made 5 straight Final Fours in the late 80s/early 90s and won 2 titles, so this idea of "going out with a bang" isn't THAT outlandish. I think it's pretty clear that's the goal: recruiting 3-5 surefire one-and-doners per year and going for it all.

Volunteer Duke
12-23-2016, 05:14 PM

As much as I might not like that he went to UK, Devin Booker also says hi.

I was mainly talking about his 2017 class, and even if you include Booker and Monk, Calipari hasn't recruited the amount of shooters Duke always has. That's why he has only won 1 national title, and they will fall short again this year. Monk can go cold like he did against Louisville and then what?

DukeFanSince1990
12-23-2016, 05:48 PM