PDA

View Full Version : Seventh Woods at the end of the Northern Iowa vs. UNC game

Tom B.
12-23-2016, 12:37 PM
This got lost in the noise of the summer sequel horror show on Tobacco Road over the last few days (Graysongate III: Revenge of the Foot and NOA III: The Reckoning), but did anyone else catch the d*ck move by Seventh Woods at the end of UNC's game against Northern Iowa a couple nights ago?

The game's a blowout and Carolina's leading by 39. Benches are emptied, starters are sitting, reserves are in the game. UNI has the ball and is running their offense, then Seventh Woods steals it and goes on a one-man fast break for a dunk. OK, fine. Game over, drive home safely, right? There's 9.6 seconds left -- UNI inbounds the ball and the UNI player stays in the backcourt to dribble out the final seconds. He's not even trying to advance the ball, much less run the offense. So what does Woods do? He slaps the ball away and takes it in for another dunk, for no apparent reason other than to strut and rub UNI's face in it. The UNI players are all like, "Dude, really?" and Roy had to apologize to the UNI coach in the postgame handshake.

Here's a highlight video that shows the sequence in question:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/unc-crushes-northern-iowa/vp-BBxqQ4F

Billy Dat
12-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Weak sauce.

FerryFor50
12-23-2016, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/nfsdudeabides/status/811768235532107776

Also video there

Richard Berg
12-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Wow, that is apparently a real person. Are his parents named Abe Irons and Sandy Wedge?

DukieInBrasil
12-23-2016, 01:19 PM
gotta pad his stats, doncha know?
Kid hasn't been able to get off the bench in his 2 years at UNC. And probably understands that he'll not ever get much playing time. He should look to Nate Britt for inspiration, kid's terrible yet Ol' Roy gives him lots of time!

WHOneedsSOX
12-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Look at the bench celebrating too. If I was that Northern Iowa player, I would've undercut Woods on that dunk and made sure he landed on his butt. Not saying injure him (although that's incredible dangerous to do) but that's what they would've done 20 years ago.

FerryFor50
12-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Kid hasn't been able to get off the bench in his 2 years at UNC. And probably understands that he'll not ever get much playing time. He should look to Nate Britt for inspiration, kid's terrible yet Ol' Roy gives him lots of time!

Seventh Woods is a freshman.

atoomer0881
12-23-2016, 01:32 PM

FYI, Seventh Woods is a freshman. But still a jerk move if I ever saw one. But really, what did you expect out of UNC?

CDu
12-23-2016, 01:32 PM

That is a bit harsh (only a bit though). Woods is a freshman.

FerryFor50
12-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Look at the bench celebrating too. If I was that Northern Iowa player, I would've undercut Woods on that dunk and made sure he landed on his butt. Not saying injure him (although that's incredible dangerous to do) but that's what they would've done 20 years ago.

Most of the people defending the move are coming from the "you play until the final whistle" camp. Which is nonsense, as the UNI player was obviously dribbling the clock out and Woods played coy until deciding to go for the steal.

If they want them to play to the final whistle, I think a hard foul preventing the dunk would have been appropriate. (but not undercutting)

WHOneedsSOX
12-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Most of the people defending the move are coming from the "you play until the final whistle" camp. Which is nonsense, as the UNI player was obviously dribbling the clock out and Woods played coy until deciding to go for the steal.

If they want them to play to the final whistle, I think a hard foul preventing the dunk would have been appropriate. (but not undercutting)

Yeah, a good hard foul would work just fine too.

DavidBenAkiva
12-23-2016, 01:40 PM
In our feelings of outrage over the ****storm being thrown at Duke, Grayson Allen, and Coach K at the moment, I think it's unseemly to air others peoples' dirty laundry.

tbyers11
12-23-2016, 01:46 PM
In our feelings of outrage over the ****storm being thrown at Duke, Grayson Allen, and Coach K at the moment, I think it's unseemly to air others peoples' dirty laundry.

I think it is perfectly fine to discuss other teams dirty laundry to a degree. It was a bush league move and should be noted as such. If we call for 7th to be suspended for his incredibly poor sportsmanship then we've gone too far.

FerryFor50
12-23-2016, 01:47 PM

Absolutely fair game. In fact, it needed to be aired, because the overblown Grayson Allen stuff was bound to dominate the news cycle so people would have missed this gem.

DukieInBrasil
12-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Seventh Woods is a freshman.

hmmm, somehow i thought i remembered him riding the pine last year too. Guess i was wrong.

NSDukeFan
12-23-2016, 01:49 PM

Yeah, a good hard foul would work just fine too.

He could have just tripped him.

Too soon?

Billy Dat
12-23-2016, 02:31 PM
He could have just tripped him.

Too soon?

No...does anybody remember laughter...maybe he could have broken his nose instead?

MarkD83
12-23-2016, 02:41 PM
No one at unc may get a lot of playing time next year so why not score some points while you can

Fish80
12-23-2016, 02:48 PM
No one at unc may get a lot of playing time next year so why not score some points while you can

No one? You mean the Death Star gives them the Death Penalty?

ipatent
12-23-2016, 03:46 PM
Wow, that is apparently a real person. Are his parents named Abe Irons and Sandy Wedge?

No, Water Hazzard and Fringe Rough.

Tripping William
12-23-2016, 03:49 PM

No, Water Hazzard and Fringe Rough.

I hear Abe was quite the driver ....

BD80
12-23-2016, 04:04 PM
FYI, Seventh Woods is a freshman. But still a jerk move if I ever saw one. But really, what did you expect out of UNC?

hmmm, somehow i thought i remembered him riding the pine last year too. Guess i was wrong.

Woods riding the pine?

Is that a forest through the trees metaphor?

Owen Meany
12-23-2016, 04:09 PM
This was actually on the front page pf ESPN NCAA Men section on Wednesday night. I saw it when looking through ESPN's wall of Allen hate. It was one of the video clips. The caption did not mention poor sportsmanship or anything of the sort. I kid you not, it read "UNC's Seventh Woods dunks twice in 17 seconds". Seriously. It was shown as a positive highlight (knocking the ball out of the hands of a kid letting the clock run out and dunking uncontested).

devildeac
12-23-2016, 04:22 PM
This was actually on the front page pf ESPN NCAA Men section on Wednesday night. I saw it when looking through ESPN's wall of Allen hate. It was one of the video clips. The caption did not mention poor sportsmanship or anything of the sort. I kid you not, it read "UNC's Seventh Woods dunks twice in 17 seconds". Seriously. It was shown as a positive highlight (knocking the ball out of the hands of a kid letting the clock run out and dunking uncontested).

espn, huh?

Why am I not surprised?

lotusland
12-23-2016, 07:50 PM
No...does anybody remember laughter...maybe he could have broken his nose instead?

To each his own but I'd give him a foot poke before I let him up.

Newton_14
12-23-2016, 07:55 PM

Agree and agree. I would have hammered him on that second dunk attempt. Playing to the final whistle is bull crap too. There were 6 seconds left, and the ball handler had stopped playing and was just dribbling out the clock. Had he been quickly trying to advance the ball in an obvious attempt to try to score one last time, I would be ok with the steal, but I would still be against the dunk. The fact that the guy was casually trying to dribble out the clock makes this a great big no class move. Too bad Woods doesn't play for a coach with real ethics, like say Bill Self. But hey, maybe once Roy Williams is forced out of his job by the NCAA, Self will then takeover Roy's job a second time.

El_Diablo
12-23-2016, 09:18 PM
I understand his cousin appeared in several episodes of The Wire (as Fuzzy Dunlop).

JasonEvans
12-24-2016, 09:56 AM
I understand his cousin appeared in several episodes of The Wire (as Fuzzy Dunlop).

Was his cousin the forth or fifth Woods?

BD80
12-24-2016, 04:10 PM
Was his cousin the forth or fifth Woods?

His first born second cousin by a third marriage was the fifth Woods, but the fourth to go forth from the woods, making him once removed.

devildeac
12-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Y'all sure you're not thinking about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0

mgtr
12-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Pretty obvious that a bush league team has a bush league player.

Skydog
12-24-2016, 08:08 PM

Actually they wouldn't have 20 years ago, at least not according to Ken Pomeroy who coincidentally posted an article up on this exact topic yesterday. The article was in response to an incident from earlier this week- Iowa's Fran McCaffery walked off the court with his players and refused the usual end game hand shakes after a Seventh Woods type action by a North Dakota player (https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/811425097781100544).

According to Ken players commonly played until the final whistle in the 70's, 80's and through the late 90's. He posted a dozen or so video examples of same (including a Hurly one). He says this practice started to be seen as an affront at the beginning of the 2000's. He thinks the advent of the shot clock was part of the reason of this evolution- before that teams commonly dribbled forever to hold onto leads.

But sometime around the turn of the century, college basketball entered a more practical age. Late-game dunks were starting to be viewed as unnecessary, on the way to their ultimate label of ‘classless’.

It took a few more seasons for the current dribbling-out custom to prevail nationwide, but it gradually caught on. More and more losing teams stopped pressing and fouling when the deficit became insurmountable. And that removed the best excuse for the winning team to punctuate the game trying for a last-second score.

Soon, that became the accepted practice for ending a basketball game. When the game was effectively over and the shot clock was off, a truce was expected. The winning team was allowed to dribble out the final possession while the defense stood and watched. The first examples I could find of a true dribble-out, where everyone stands around waiting for the clock to expire was the 2000 season.

One thing Ken pointed out that was even more surprising to me- the end of game player handshakes is also a modern evolution, "getting much more organized in the 2000-2001 timeframe." Before that player and coach handshakes were random, each player and coach fending for himself.

The article is behind a paywall but here is the link:

http://kenpom.com/blog/the-evolution-of-end-game-customs/#more-1307

-bdbd
12-24-2016, 08:34 PM
"The Carolina Way..."

DoubleBlue
12-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Soon, that became the accepted practice for ending a basketball game. When the game was effectively over and the shot clock was off, a truce was expected. The winning team was allowed to dribble out the final possession while the defense stood and watched. The first examples I could find of a true dribble-out, where everyone stands around waiting for the clock to expire was the 2000 season

Interesting write-up on end-of-game and post-game protocols... I do recall how teams used to press all the way to the bitter end... and players used to just shake hands with nearby players and head straight to the locker room... now its a full hand shaking line... we must include everyone... lol. Everyone is expected to be much more 'touchy-feely' now. I've always thought that the hand touches at the free throw line were excessive... everyone must touch all four players in between every free throw... as if it is bad luck to miss one...

Rich
12-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Interesting write-up on end-of-game and post-game protocols... I do recall how teams used to press all the way to the bitter end... and players used to just shake hands with nearby players and head straight to the locker room... now its a full hand shaking line... we must include everyone... lol. Everyone is expected to be much more 'touchy-feely' now. I've always thought that the hand touches at the free throw line were excessive... everyone must touch all four players in between every free throw... as if it is bad luck to miss one...

I remember reading an article a few years ago about how players on more successful basketball (college and pro) teams "touched" each other more during the game (insert wanker joke here), but all I could find was this one...

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/free-throws-and-high-fives-a-routine-within-a-routine/

OldPhiKap
12-25-2016, 05:02 AM
Sometimes, when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes
And hide . . . .

Good luck with that song stuck in your head.

MarkD83
12-25-2016, 06:24 AM
Sometimes, when we touch
The honesty's too much
And hide . . . .

These lyrics are more appropriate:

I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me
I still feel your touch in my dreams
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling
And every time we kiss I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last
Need you by my side

DukeDevil
12-25-2016, 07:06 AM
UNC - classless on and off the court.

Devil2
12-25-2016, 07:48 AM
Agree and agree. I would have hammered him on that second dunk attempt. Playing to the final whistle is bull crap too. There were 6 seconds left, and the ball handler had stopped playing and was just dribbling out the clock. Had he been quickly trying to advance the ball in an obvious attempt to try to score one last time, I would be ok with the steal, but I would still be against the dunk. The fact that the guy was casually trying to dribble out the clock makes this a great big no class move. Too bad Woods doesn't play for a coach with real ethics, like say Bill Self. But hey, maybe once Roy Williams is forced out of his job by the NCAA, Self will then takeover Roy's job a second time.

It was like a 30 point game? You see hundreds of basketball games where the teams both teams de facto acknowledge the game is decided and dribble out the clock. I would yell at a Duke player who did what Woods did or if a Duke player acted like he was dribbling out the clock and then tried to score

NSDukeFan
12-25-2016, 08:05 AM
Sometimes, when we touch
The honesty's too much
And hide . . . .

I got to see Dan Hill live 3-4 years ago, as a musical guest in a show. I enjoyed him, including this song, much more than I expected.

JasonEvans
12-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Just to be clear, how do we feel about what Seventh did versus this play?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7A3r0a7Ns

Primary difference to me, and it is a big one, is that the opposing team was still playing, still trying. Also, the shot clock was at 2 so Duke had to do something.

DukeDevil
12-25-2016, 10:18 AM

The other team was still playing, the shot clock was running down, it was a prayer 3 from a guy who'd never shot one before. Totally different scenarios. Now if Plumlee had stolen the ball when we were way up with 2 seconds left and UNC was dribbling out the game and made the shot, that would be tasteless.

That being said, it's UNC. All bets are off, and sportsmanship is out.

Final note...thanks for that video.

OldPhiKap
12-25-2016, 10:20 AM
This whole thread has that "glass house" feeling that always gets me in trouble when I respond substantively.

Woods made a mistake, hope he learns from it. Stuff happens.

slower
12-25-2016, 10:26 AM
Can we even IMAGINE the reaction if Grayson had done that? The internet may have imploded.

hudlow
12-25-2016, 10:42 AM
I feel like Jon, Jeff, Nolan and K showed magnanimous restraint.

devildeac
12-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Can we even IMAGINE the reaction if Grayson had done that? The internet may have imploded.

It already has :rolleyes: .

BD80
12-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Primary difference to me, and it is a big one, is that the opposing team was still playing, still trying. Also, the shot clock was at 2 so Duke had to do something.

How did that team ever win a game? Alarming unathletic. Seem to move in slow motion. Good hang time on their jumps though.

DoubleDuke Dad
12-25-2016, 01:31 PM

There was a comparable incident that happened with a Duke player a few years ago. However, in that case Duke was losing the game and the opposition player was dribbling out the clock. The Duke player slapped the ball away and dunked it. That Duke player ended up finishing his college career playing for Maryland.

OldPhiKap
12-25-2016, 01:54 PM
There was a comparable incident that happened with a Duke player a few years ago. However, in that case Duke was losing the game and the opposition player was dribbling out the clock. The Duke player slapped the ball away and dunked it. That Duke player ended up finishing his college career playing for Maryland.

We also had a player who dribbled out the clock while essentially mocking the Twerp in front of him, leading to a bit of shoving and jawing IIRC. That player has his jersey in the rafters and is currently employed by the Worldwide Leader in Sports.

alteran
12-25-2016, 02:27 PM
We also had a player who dribbled out the clock while essentially mocking the Twerp in front of him, leading to a bit of shoving and jawing IIRC. That player has his jersey in the rafters and is currently employed by the Worldwide Leader in Sports.

I think that was BC, but yeah, I remember that.

DoubleDuke Dad
12-25-2016, 02:34 PM
As I remember it, he was trying to dribble the clock out. The other player was closely guarding him and trying to steal the ball. He then did a “Harlem Globetrotter” move by showing the ball to the player and then pulling it away. The other player took umbrage with that move and shoved him.

OldPhiKap
12-25-2016, 02:45 PM
His view of the Gone in 60 Seconds game:

https://youtu.be/ENo3spJaJa4

(Tried to find video of the play in question but found this instead)

JasonEvans
12-25-2016, 02:45 PM
As I remember it, he was trying to dribble the clock out. The other player was closely guarding him and trying to steal the ball. He then did a “Harlem Globetrotter” move by showing the ball to the player and then pulling it away. The other player took umbrage with that move and shoved him.

Yup, my recollection of that incident was that JWill was just dribbling out the clock in a non-competitive game and the rival player was playing a bit too hard given the circumstances. While I think the optics of what JWill did were not ideal, it does not feel all that similar to what Seventh Woods did.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-25-2016, 03:04 PM
His view of the Gone in 60 Seconds game:

https://youtu.be/ENo3spJaJa4

(Tried to find video of the play in question but found this instead)

Any excuse to reference this game gets sporks

Wahoo2000
12-25-2016, 03:29 PM
In the vein of questioning end-of-game class/classless moves, can someone explain to me the problem with what Brooks from Oregon did last year? Is it REALLY a total D!˘∑ move to not take a shot clock violation near the end of a game when you're up? Is it an absolute no-brainer that he should take the violation and turnover there?

I never really understood why his 40 footer with 2 seconds on the shot clock or the very quick fist pump after it dropped was such a TERRIBLE display of sportsmanship (according to the reaction from most of my Duke friends, and apparently, K as well who felt the need to have a teachable moment with Brooks in the handshake line).

OldPhiKap
12-25-2016, 03:36 PM
In the vein of questioning end-of-game class/classless moves, can someone explain to me the problem with what Brooks from Oregon did last year? Is it REALLY a total D!˘∑ move to not take a shot clock violation near the end of a game when you're up? Is it an absolute no-brainer that he should take the violation and turnover there?

I never really understood why his 40 footer with 2 seconds on the shot clock or the very quick fist pump after it dropped was such a TERRIBLE display of sportsmanship (according to the reaction from most of my Duke friends, and apparently, K as well who felt the need to have a teachable moment with Brooks in the handshake line).

There is no reason to take a turnover. I have no problem with the shot. Or the reaction.

Neals384
12-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Brings to mind an experience I had in a college intramural game. I'm guarding this huge guy, and all game he pretty much has his way with me. Fast forward to maybe 30 seconds left, we're way behind and the kid wants to dunk one. I'm guarding him but everyone one else is just standing around and my teammates are yelling "let him dunk". There's no way I would do that, so I do my best and end up fouling.

So, should I have let him dunk one?

OldPhiKap
12-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Brings to mind an experience I had in a college intramural game. I'm guarding this huge guy, and all game he pretty much has his way with me. Fast forward to maybe 30 seconds left, we're way behind and the kid wants to dunk one. I'm guarding him but everyone one else is just standing around and my teammates are yelling "let him dunk". There's no way I would do that, so I do my best and end up fouling.

So, should I have let him dunk one?

No, he can earn it if he wants.

Newton_14
12-26-2016, 09:33 AM

It wasn't the shot that was bad. It was his reaction after it went in. He turned toward the Duke bench and did a mocking/taunting salute. Followed by crazy weird antics toward Grayson as soon as the buzzer sounded. He went to hug Grayson who likely wanted no part of it even without the event that had just happened, but certainly not given the taunt 10 seconds earlier.

I think while taking a shot clock violation would have been polite/admirable, it is asking far too much of a kid/team to not take the shot in that situation. Just don't taunt the opponent if it happens to go in.

My two cents.

P.S> OldPhiCap, you are misremembering on this one. The play you are remembering was a home game against BC before they were an ACC Member. It did not happen in a Maryland game.

flyingdutchdevil
12-26-2016, 09:39 AM
It wasn't the shot that was bad. It was his reaction after it went in. He turned toward the Duke bench and did a mocking/taunting salute. Followed by crazy weird antics toward Grayson as soon as the buzzer sounded. He went to hug Grayson who likely wanted no part of it even without the event that had just happened, but certainly not given the taunt 10 seconds earlier.

I think while taking a shot clock violation would have been polite/admirable, it is asking far too much of a kid/team to not take the shot in that situation. Just don't taunt the opponent if it happens to go in.

My two cents.

P.S> OldPhiCap, you are misremembering on this one. The play you are remembering was a home game against BC before they were an ACC Member. It did not happen in a Maryland game.

Wow. This is a sensitive crowd. Here's the replay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z331-VrWV8c

I have no problem with a) the shot nor b) the reaction. I don't think he intentionally looked to face the Duke bench; I think it just happened.

I have had few issues with Coach K's dealing of situations. The way he handled Grayson this last week was incredible, IMO. But with Dillon brooks, he was completely wrong. The kid just defeated Duke and hit a 40fter to cap off a great game. Let the kid be a kid.

Rich
12-26-2016, 12:20 PM
I have had few issues with Coach K's dealing of situations. The way he handled Grayson this last week was incredible, IMO. But with Dillon brooks, he was completely wrong. The kid just defeated Duke and hit a 40fter to cap off a great game. Let the kid be a kid.

And, to compound things, Coach K denied chastising Brooks in the press conference not knowing that Brooks told the media what had happened (and I think it may have been caught on tape, but I can't remember for sure). Coach K wanted to keep it between the two of them, but the cat was already out of the bag and it made Coach K look like he was hiding something. It didn't reflect positively on him the way it played out.

FadedTackyShirt
12-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Never disliked JWill, but lost some respect for him for the end of the BC game. Given that, his comments on Grayson last week were ill advised.

Owen Meany
12-26-2016, 07:24 PM

The Duke team's unhappiness with Brooks was most certainly from before the final shot when Brooks had a lot to say to the Duke bench while the game was going on.

This was conveniently ignored by those wanting to be outraged by Coach K's mild response to Brooks. I can imagine myself being irritated by a coach speaking to my team's player, no matter how mild or brief (he certainly didn't preach or dress the player down as it was described). But it is interesting that to some it was OK for an 18 or 19 year old kid to turn to the Duke bench and directly taunt the players and Coaches (specifically the GOAT, who is an accomplished and respected grown man), but it is absolutely beyond the pale for the Coach to say something to him about this after the game.

As someone else pointed out,Brooks also made a point to bump into Allen after the buzzer.

JasonEvans
12-26-2016, 09:57 PM
The Duke team's unhappiness with Brooks was most certainly from before the final shot when Brooks had a lot to say to the Duke bench while the game was going on.

This was conveniently ignored by those wanting to be outraged by Coach K's mild response to Brooks. I can imagine myself being irritated by a coach speaking to my team's player, no matter how mild or brief (he certainly didn't preach or dress the player down as it was described). But it is interesting that to some it was OK for an 18 or 19 year old kid to turn to the Duke bench and directly taunt the players and Coaches (specifically the GOAT, who is an accomplished and respected grown man), but it is absolutely beyond the pale for the Coach to say something to him about this after the game.

As someone else pointed out,Brooks also made a point to bump into Allen after the buzzer.

Oregon better hope they are not in Duke's bracket in the NCAA tourney. I am certain K and company have not forgotten last year.

-Jason "the ducks have been good, but certainly not great, thus far this season -- big game with UCLA this week" Evans

magjayran
12-27-2016, 09:26 AM

It was BC and there was some history between that guy and JWill and Dahntay dating back to them playing on some sort of US team. There were also some murmurs that BC's back court might have been as good as Duke's which may have fueled the flames.

OldPhiKap
12-27-2016, 09:45 AM
It was BC and there was some history between that guy and JWill and Dahntay dating back to them playing on some sort of US team. There were also some murmurs that BC's back court might have been as good as Duke's which may have fueled the flames.

Thanks to you and others for correcting that it was BC and not Md.

As for whatever justification JWill may or may not have had, I'll avoid the issue just to say -- every team is comprised of players under 25, and every team has had players that act inappropriately at times. The difference between whether that type of action is condoned by the coach or not is what separates the "good" programs from the "bad" programs.

I remember a UNC player doing some sort of 360 dunk on a breakaway in a late-game situation, and Dean promptly pulled the guy and benched him. For all his flaws, I think Roy probably had a less than pleasant conversation with Mr. Woods too. UNC may be a bunch of lying, cheating, scheming, pissant dungballs but they are not a "dirty" team or a team that goes out of its way to be unsportsmanlike. IMHO at least.

Oh, and Seth has absolutely no moral grounds upon which to stand here. See Washington, Deron.

Reilly
12-27-2016, 11:58 AM
... For all his flaws, I think Roy probably had a less than pleasant conversation with Mr. Woods too ...

Isn't every conversation with Roy less than pleasant, by definition? The masseuse tangents, the Coke references, the wounded pride, the maudlinism, the scapegoating, the faux cornpone ...

OldPhiKap
12-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Isn't every conversation with Roy less than pleasant, by definition? The masseuse tangents, the Coke references, the wounded pride, the maudlinism, the scapegoating, the faux cornpone ...

You raise a good point.

WiJoe
12-27-2016, 12:40 PM

was it that asshat jared dudley?

tbyers11
12-27-2016, 12:52 PM
was it that asshat jared dudley?

Nah. Dudley's shenanigans were later circa Redick. It was Kenny Walls that JWill had the incident with.

PackMan97
12-27-2016, 01:36 PM
The correct response would have been for the ref to T up seventh for hanging on the rim.

Channing
12-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Nah. Dudley's shenanigans were later circa Redick. It was Kenny Walls that JWill had the incident with.

I thought it was Troy Bell, but it may be Kenny Walls.

tbyers11
12-27-2016, 03:46 PM
I thought it was Troy Bell, but it may be Kenny Walls.

Troy Bell was the star of that team and there was some bad blood between he and J-Will, but it was Kenny Walls (https://books.google.com/books?id=hJy51Xr9c8UC&pg=PT66&lpg=PT66&dq=jason+williams+kenny+walls&source=bl&ots=Ayla8jBE3L&sig=a3bF6txcFDEKDgLMwMe5yR0GTfQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAk_PXnZXRAhUow4MKHRUiBNgQ6AEIUzAN#v=on epage&q=jason%20williams%20kenny%20walls&f=false) that shoved Jason into the scorers table after the pump fakes.