PDA

View Full Version : Coach K on Dan Patrick's show this AM

diablesseblu
12-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Dan has hyped Coach K's appearance all week. Given Grayson's troubles, cannot imagine what he and the Danettes will say before K calls in.

The show is 9 - 12 on sports radio, Direct TV, and NBCSN. Not sure during which block K will be on.

If you go to Dan's website later today, they usually load the audio of important guests.

diablesseblu
12-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Will be fascinating to hear.

killerleft
12-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Coach K will say what he wants. May not add anything. I was there last night, and didn't see the trip until the replay on the big screen.

MChambers
12-22-2016, 11:17 AM
On the show's website, they have a poll as to whether you'd want Grayson on your team.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-22-2016, 11:28 AM
Eager to hear what K has to say. This is likely one of the only times he will address it directly; he has a good rapport with Dan.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
K sounds pretty defensive of Grayson on DP this morning... getting testy.

duke4ever19
12-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Dan has hyped Coach K's appearance all week. Given Grayson's troubles, cannot imagine what he and the Danettes will say before K calls in.

The show is 9 - 12 on sports radio, Direct TV, and NBCSN. Not sure during which block K will be on.

If you go to Dan's website later today, they usually load the audio of important guests.

This was set up before the tripping incident?? Dan is one lucky son of a gun. He walked into one of the biggest stories in college bball for the season.

diablesseblu
12-22-2016, 12:03 PM
This was set up before the tripping incident?? Dan is one lucky son of a gun. He walked into one of the biggest stories in college bball for the season.

Before Coach came on, Paul Pabst, Dan's producer, did a segment about this very thing. They did seem grateful that K. honored his commitment to them.

I listen to DP every day. It's not terribly uncommon for guests to back out.

Billy Dat
12-22-2016, 12:20 PM

Seth Davis tweeted a photo of himself inside K's office for an interview, he must have lined up a big day of interviews before the holiday break.

WHOneedsSOX
12-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Interview is up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-9tDy7Dbr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsh3p2tCOJ0

Billy Dat
12-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Interview is up on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-9tDy7Dbr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsh3p2tCOJ0

Thanks for the links. It's definitely worth listening to. I am fascinated by K's interactions with the media, how much of his aggression is intentional and how much is uncontrolled reaction? He knows he's in for a 10 minute slot, and he uses at least a minute to spark with Patrick over Patrick's word choice. Is that intentional, in order to reduce the amount of time Patrick will have to ask follow-up questions, or is he just reacting with anger? It's a form of filibuster, and he basically bleeds out the final minute not saying that much. It's not that different than managing the end of a half when you are trying to keep guys out of foul trouble or the end of the game when you are trying to bleed the clock.

WHOneedsSOX
12-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the links. It's definitely worth listening to. I am fascinated by K's interactions with the media, how much of his aggression is intentional and how much is uncontrolled reaction? He knows he's in for a 10 minute slot, and he uses at least a minute to spark with Patrick over Patrick's word choice. Is that intentional, in order to reduce the amount of time Patrick will have to ask follow-up questions, or is he just reacting with anger? It's a form of filibuster, and he basically bleeds out the final minute not saying that much. It's not that different than managing the end of a half when you are trying to keep guys out of foul trouble or the end of the game when you are trying to bleed the clock.

Full interview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haudRERiZVk

Doria
12-22-2016, 03:29 PM

So, what you're saying is that Coach K practices stall ball in real life, too?

(As an aside, I love that Roy's "rigorous" post-game interview yielded such nuggets as the identity of his favorite reindeer. So, you know, the important questions...)

OldPhiKap
12-22-2016, 06:26 PM
(As an aside, I love that Roy's "rigorous" post-game interview yielded such nuggets as the identity of his favorite reindeer. So, you know, the important questions...)

Hey now, reindeer-naming is a 200-level course for UNC athletes.

His two favorites, although lesser-known, should be Charlie and Foxtrot.

weezie
12-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Hey now, reindeer-naming is a 200-level course for UNC athletes.

His two favorites, although lesser-known, should be Charlie and Foxtrot.

When the 24 hours of mandatory benching for handing out reputation points has ended, I will revisit this brilliant observation.
I hope this doesn't impact my draft status...

Tripping William
12-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Full interview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haudRERiZVk

This is must-see stuff. Thanks for posting it.

Reilly
12-22-2016, 08:58 PM
... reindeer-naming is a 200-level course for UNC athletes ...

And supposedly, given the nature of the lab, attendance is actually required for the the 300-level course involving the llamas ...

OldPhiKap
12-22-2016, 09:24 PM
When the 24 hours of mandatory benching for handing out reputation points has ended, I will revisit this brilliant observation.
I hope this doesn't impact my draft status...

And supposedly, given the nature of the lab, attendance is actually required for the the 300-level course involving the llamas ...

"Llamas and Reindeer: a comparative study." Course requirements include, like, a paper or something. Meets M, W, F 10:30 at D.E. Smith Center if you want. No pressure, though. It's a long season.

BD80
12-22-2016, 09:31 PM
"Llamas and Reindeer: a comparative study." ...

Why not include other mythical creatures such as griffins, centaurs, unc student-athletes ...

OldPhiKap
12-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Why not include other mythical creatures such as griffins, centaurs, unc student-athletes ...

Whoa there fella!! We're not talking about grad school classes here!

Indoor66
12-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Whoa there fella!! We're not talking about grad school classes here!

If there are classes, at least we won't have to put up with any holes. ������