PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Elon (Dec 21, 2016)

JBDuke
12-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 72-61 win over Elon?

Bob Green
12-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Matt Jones earns my vote tonight with his composure. The team was rattled and looked downright bad at times. Jones was the steady presence.

Runner-up: Jayson Tatum filled up the box score with 18 points, eight rebounds, four blocks, three assists and two steals but he went one-on-one way too many times.

Honorable Mention: Luke Kennard with 21 points on not so great shooting (7-17).

CameronBornAndBred
12-21-2016, 08:43 PM
How does Grayson merit a vote? I've seen games where I'm amazed that he wasn't a unanimous choice, but this game I'm amazed he gets a vote at all.

(PS, Tatum gets mine. Solid game.)

westwall
12-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Matt Jones, who demonstated senior leadership, composure, defense and even hit a few shots. Good lessons for the rest of the team.

Wander
12-21-2016, 08:56 PM
How does Grayson merit a vote? I've seen games where I'm amazed that he wasn't a unanimous choice, but this game I'm amazed he gets a vote at all.

Consider it a protest vote against what I consider to be a laughably over-the-top reaction by ESPN and half this board to tonight's game.

Furniture
12-21-2016, 11:07 PM

In one big way Grayson was man of the match. I just don't feel like voting for anyone tonight.

Dukehky
12-21-2016, 11:13 PM
Consider it a protest vote against what I consider to be a laughably over-the-top reaction by ESPN and half this board to tonight's game.

Ditto.

BandAlum83
12-21-2016, 11:24 PM

I almost voted for him just to show support and let hime know that I support him as he works to get through this. No, it wasn't the right thing for him, but he is a very young man, and he will get through this. I won't abandon him and call for him to be dismissed- as someone else on the board suggested.

(not that GA reads the boards here)

Kfan4Life
12-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Voted for Jones, since he was the one to keep us in the game at the start.

jipops
12-22-2016, 01:02 AM
Matt Jones hands down imo. And not because he finally had a noteworthy game on offense. Not only was he 4-6 from the floor but his 5 steals generated enough offense to keep tonight from being a nightmare. I'm shocked he only had one assist because he regularly kept the ball moving when nobody else seemed to want it to.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-22-2016, 08:43 AM
I was playing tennis during the game, so I can't vote until after I watch the replay recorded on my dvr. Wasn't going to until I read about Grayson's latest trip :mad:

elvis14
12-22-2016, 10:26 AM

Same here. I voted for Grayson because I support him and I HATE the overblown reaction.

Acymetric
12-22-2016, 11:27 AM

Think of it like Time's "Person of the Year" award. ;)