PDA

View Full Version : Parking at basketball games....

plimnko
12-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Given the price we pay for tickets, the $10 they charge to park in the general parking lot, and the dark campus we have to trudge through to get to Cameron, don't you think Duke should provide us with buses? Just today, there was an armed robbery in the Gardens. The campus isn't secure in the daylight hours. How secure do you think it is for the late games when the University is making even more money for a nationally broadcast game? It's not like they don't already have the buses. I see bunches of them running around campus daily. Why can't they provide us a safe and convenient way to get to the games?? Ok.....there's my rant. Does anyone any idea of how we could address this issue?

OZZIE4DUKE
12-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Donate a million bucks and earmark it for game transportation for the fans.

Actually, they do offer some bus/shuttle transportation for football games. Didn't know this until my daughter came to the VT game and parked in the "gray" lot. Over by Hanes House area. Shuttles to and from, but the wait was long. And those in handicapped lots for both fball and Bball have shuttles provided.

bcsu
12-10-2016, 07:24 PM
the "basketball A-Z Gameday Guide" indicates there is a shuttle on weeknights from the general public parking lots.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210246885

General Public Courtesy Shuttle – Guests wishing to limit their walk time may take advantage of the general public courtesy shuttle which runs from Circuit Drive to Science Drive by the Fuqua School of Business. All shuttles are accessible for persons with disabilities. All guests wishing to use the general public courtesy shuttle must park in the general public parking lots and walk to the shuttle pick-up/drop-off points. The courtesy shuttle runs from 1.5 hours prior to tip-off until 1 hr post-game. The shuttle only runs on weeknights and is not operational on weekends.