PDA

View Full Version : WBB - Duke @ Rutgers

DU82
12-01-2016, 07:00 PM
ACC-B1G challenge starting at the RAC. Usual starting lineup. Rutgers is pretty bad so far, losing to Elon, Wake and Princeton.

DU82
12-01-2016, 07:20 PM
After one, 24-5 Duke. Dominating a bad team. Rebecca with 11 already. Rebounds 14-3. Comment in the crowd was "they're so big!)

dukelifer
12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
After one, 24-5 Duke. Dominating a bad team. Rebecca with 11 already. Rebounds 14-3. Comment in the crowd was "they're so big!)

68-32 final- that is a pretty dominant defensive performance.

DU82
12-01-2016, 11:20 PM
68-32 final- that is a pretty dominant defensive performance.

Yes it was. Tough inside in the first half, cutting off drives, and they can't shoot. Rebecca scored 11 points in the first quarter, then didn't score again. I don't remember her taking many shots though. They finally figured out to cover her no matter what, and Rebecca didn't force things, letting her teammates score instead.

Kendall really looked good, with a few blocks and nice moves, including an accurate mid-range jumper. Oderah was active on the boards, and had a few low velocity scores. Kyra, Lexie and Leanna had some nice drives that drew complements from the Rutgers crowd.

The second half was more for trying out different combos, and was much sloppier than the first. This game will likely hurt our RPI, but a decent warmup for Sunday's big matchup against South Carolina.

CameronBornAndBred
12-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Rebecca scored 11 points in the first quarter, then didn't score again. I don't remember her taking many shots though. They finally figured out to cover her no matter what, and Rebecca didn't force things, letting her teammates score instead.

I listened to the game while driving, so couldn't see the action, but the announcers made a note of this after the game. Rebecca was the only one in double figures, but each of the other starters were just beneath that margin, so we did a nice job of distributing the points. Having a full line up that can score is an asset. (The only player without a point was Suggs, who played 8 minutes.)