PDA

View Full Version : All-ACC football team announced.

jimsumner
11-28-2016, 03:11 PM
http://www.theacc.com/news/acsma-announces-2016-all-acc-football-teams-11-28-2016

JasonEvans
11-28-2016, 03:13 PM
LB Ben Humphreys and CB Breon Borders made third-team on Defense. Also, freshman LB Joe Giles-Harris was an Honorable-Mention for Defense.

No one made even honorable mention on offense. I'm sorta at a loss to say who might have gotten snubbed...

jimsumner
11-28-2016, 03:19 PM
LB Ben Humphreys and CB Breon Borders made third-team on Defense. Also, freshman LB Joe Giles-Harris was an Honorable-Mention for Defense.

No one made even honorable mention on offense. I'm sorta at a loss to say who might have gotten snubbed...

Duke's offensive nominees were Austin Davis, Erich Schneider, T.J. Rahming and Jela Duncan.

Duncan missed way too much time to be a credible candidate, IMO.

A case could be made for Rahming for third team. Perhaps.

I would have liked for A.J. Wolf to have gotten some mention, if only HM.

Olympic Fan
11-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Austin Davis should have been HM at OC ... maybe TJ Rahming at WR.

Humphreys missed second team by a single vote ... he was the top vote-getter at LB on the second team with 46 votes -- Tremaine Edmunds of VPI made the second team with 47 votes.

Interesting that our offense was so shunned, but when I look at the choices, I don't see any bad ones. I mean, Daniel Jones had a spectacular freshman season, but would you realistically consider him at QB over Jackson, Watson, Evans or Trubisky? Our TEs were solid, but not top three in the ACC. No running back deserved to be in the top six. Rahming was the best receiver -- I could see him getting HM.

It will be interesting when the Rookies of the Year are announced.

By virtue of the last game, Jones ended up with more total yards than FSU's Francois -- and a better TD/INT ratio.

And Joe Gilles-Harris ended up as the leading freshman tackler in the ACC.

I doubt either will be honored as offensive or defensive rookie of the year, but you could make a case for either or both.

Olympic Fan
11-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Just to follow up --

Deondre Francois did end up beating out Daniel Jones for ACC Offensive Rookie of the year (by a 30-8 vote). Actually, Jones ended up tied with Miami receiver Ahmonn Richards for second.

Joe Gilles-Harris also ended up tied with Jessie Bates of Wake for second in the ACC Defensive Rookie botes -- behind Cemson DT Dexter Lawrence (a 23-8 vote).

Oddly Jones ended up tied with Lawrence in the overall Rookie of the Year vote -- Francois won with 25 votes -- Jones and Lawrence each got seven.

And in the Coach of the year vote, VPI's Justin Fuentes beat out Clemson's Dabo Swinney by a wide margin. No votes for Cut.

arnie
11-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Just to follow up --

Deondre Francois did end up beating out Daniel Jones for ACC Offensive Rookie of the year (by a 30-8 vote). Actually, Jones ended up tied with Miami receiver Ahmonn Richards for second.

Joe Gilles-Harris also ended up tied with Jessie Bates of Wake for second in the ACC Defensive Rookie botes -- behind Cemson DT Dexter Lawrence (a 23-8 vote).

Oddly Jones ended up tied with Lawrence in the overall Rookie of the Year vote -- Francois won with 25 votes -- Jones and Lawrence each got seven.

And in the Coach of the year vote, VPI's Justin Fuentes beat out Clemson's Dabo Swinney by a wide margin. No votes for Cut.
Ryan Switzer still have a shot at the Heisman - a trophy he knows he deserves?