PDA

View Full Version : MLax: 2017 Schedule Emerges

burnspbesq
11-24-2016, 11:42 AM
As usual, Duke nd the other ACC schools are among the last D1 men's lacrosse programs to release their schedules for the upcoming season. However, with almost 40 other schools having pulled back the curtain on 2017, we can reverse-engineer almost all of the Blue Devils 2017 slate, and it's interesting.

Ohio State comes to Durham for a scrimmage on January 28, before the season officially opens on Sunday, February 5 with a home game against defending SoCon champion Air Force. Week Two features two more home games, against High Point and first-year program Cleveland State. The traditional early-season showdown with Denver moves back a week to February 18, and instead of being played at a neutral site, will be played between the snowbanks (or maybe on a balmy 65-degree day--you never know) at the Pioneers' Peter Barton Stadium. February concludes with a visit from St. Joseph's, coached by former Duke player Taylor Wray, on the 25th.

March begins with a trip to Richmond on the 4th to take on the Spiders, who upset Duke at Koskinen last year. The Blue Devils host traditional non-conference rival Loyola on March 11. The next thing we know for certain is that the Blue Devils travel to Milwaukee on April 22 to face Marquette. That leaves a five-week gap in which to play the ACC schedule, plus either another non-conference game or a bye week. For the last three seasons, the order of ACC games has been Cuse/UNC/ND/Uva; based on last year's schedule, Cuse and UNC would be road games this year, with ND and UVa visiting Koskinen.

Duke hosts the ACC Tournament on April 28 and 30. BU has not yet released its schedule, so we don't know whether the Terriers will provide the opposition on the last weekend of the regular season, but if it's not them it will almost certainly be another Patriot League school, as the ACC and Patriot are the only two leagues to play their conference tournaments "a week early."

The opening faceoff against the Falcons is 73 days away.

burnspbesq
12-14-2016, 09:34 AM
It is now confirmed that Duke will close out the regular season on Sunday, May 7 against BU, on a neutral site in Bethpage, NY.

CrazyNotCrazie
12-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the great updates. Please remind me - is hosting the ACC Tournament at risk due to HB2? And I assume the BU game in May is at Hofstra?

SCMatt33
12-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the great updates. Please remind me - is hosting the ACC Tournament at risk due to HB2? And I assume the BU game in May is at Hofstra?

The ACCT is not at risk as on campus venues were specifically exempted by the ACC when the announced the move.

burnspbesq
12-14-2016, 05:28 PM

Hofstra is in Hempstead. If it's actually in Bethpage, it'll be at Bethpage HS. Duke has played there before.

sagegrouse
12-14-2016, 06:28 PM
It is now confirmed that Duke will close out the regular season on Sunday, May 7 against BU, on a neutral site in Bethpage, NY.

How about the "Black Course?" Wouldn't that be neutral?

BigWayne
12-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Jacksonville is showing they are coming to play at Duke 3/13.