PDA

View Full Version : Doug Peterson Siting

Tommac
11-20-2016, 10:42 PM
For you football fans, Doug Peterson, kicker for Duke in the late 80's was guest preacher this morning at my Presbyterian church in Burlington, NC. Doug looked great and was very friendly when we spoke after the service. The bulletin said that after Duke, Doug graduated from Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, had pastored Presbyterian churches and now lives in Cary with his wife and children and was in the real estate business.

superdave
11-26-2016, 08:06 AM
For you football fans, Doug Peterson, kicker for Duke in the late 80's was guest preacher this morning at my Presbyterian church in Burlington, NC. Doug looked great and was very friendly when we spoke after the service. The bulletin said that after Duke, Doug graduated from Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, had pastored Presbyterian churches and now lives in Cary with his wife and children and was in the real estate business.

Thanks for sharing. I have fond memories of Doug's 55 yard field goal in a win over Unc. I think it was the record for longest field goal at Duke at that point.

BD80
11-26-2016, 09:24 AM
For some reason, it seems appropriate that a kicker transitions into the clergy.

Reilly
11-26-2016, 09:52 AM
55 yarder in 1987 per gamenotes I checked. Fusco had 57 yarder earlier so not a record. That 1987 game in Chapel Hill was Dick Crum's last game, first of Spurrier's 3 wins over Carolina as Duke's head coach. Peterson was money. Didn't he end up developing a back issue or something and didn't kick all four years?