PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson not 100 percent

gofurman
11-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Read coach K presser. He said Allen is about 50 percent. Jeter hurt. And Jefferson playing hurt too. Hadnt heard that before about Jefferson

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211310908

See big picture "

dukelifer
11-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Read coach K presser. He said Allen is about 50 percent. Jeter hurt. And Jefferson playing hurt too. Hadnt heard that before about Jefferson

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211310908

See big picture "

Like to see him at 100 percent. 20 and 20?

OldPhiKap
11-20-2016, 10:24 PM
I may have missed it, but I watched the PC and don't recall any mention of Jefferson being hurt.

Ichabod Drain
11-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Just watched the whole thing. No mention of Jefferson not being 100%.

UrinalCake
11-20-2016, 11:29 PM
At this point Coach K should just tell us which players are NOT injured. It would take less time.

wk2109
11-20-2016, 11:35 PM

He said it during the Penn State presser (0:14 mark: "Amile's been hurt this week"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enR6fik7amQ&t=0s

gofurman
11-20-2016, 11:35 PM

What do I know. Just reading the article. Heck, I hope he was very mildly hurt. Think what a healthy Amile could do! Jk. Jefferson is looking great so far

gofurman
11-20-2016, 11:40 PM
He said it during the Penn State presser (0:14 mark: "Amile's been hurt this week"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enR6fik7amQ&t=0s

Interesting. Appears to be minor. I didn't know the guy was even hurt

richardjackson199
11-21-2016, 05:49 AM

Thanks for clarifying that. Then I'm not worried on that one. If Amile was hurt before the URI game, based on that performance I think he'll be ok.

superdave
11-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Any update on when Tatum, Bolden and Giles might appear in a real live game!?

Newton_14
11-21-2016, 07:09 PM
Any update on when Tatum, Bolden and Giles might appear in a real live game!?

Channeling famous ESPN NBA analyst...... "my sOUrces say Tatum Wednesday night against Bill and Mary, Bolden Saturday against App St, Giles in the early December games"...

I have no sources... lol.... that's just what I have seen or heard in various places on TV and the Interwebs. Hopefully there is some semblance of accuracy in the predictions.....

sagegrouse
11-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Channeling famous ESPN NBA analyst... "my sOUrces say Tatum Wednesday night against Bill and Mary, Bolden Saturday against App St, Giles in the early December games"...

I have no sources... lol... that's just what I have seen or heard in various places on TV and the Interwebs. Hopefully there is some semblance of accuracy in the predictions....

If it's on the internet it must be true.

OldPhiKap
11-21-2016, 07:14 PM

That's what Abe Lincoln always said.

uh_no
11-21-2016, 09:16 PM

this will blow your mind:

If it's on the internet, it's not true.

BD80
11-22-2016, 07:58 AM

That's what Abe Lincoln always said.

When he wasn't busy killing vampires ...

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 08:12 AM
When he wasn't busy killing vampires ...

Abe was a busy man. How long do you think it took to pose for all of those pennies?

BD80
11-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Abe was a busy man. How long do you think it took to pose for all of those pennies?

Twice as long for the double strikes ...

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Twice as long for the double strikes ...

I always thought he just sneezed at an inopportune time.

Saratoga2
11-22-2016, 08:59 AM
The idea of Jefferson being injured (hope that doesn't occur this year) brings up the question.

Harry Giles, Jason Tatum and Marques Bolden, Quando, Quando, Quando, Quando?

BD80
11-22-2016, 09:22 AM
... Harry Giles, Jason Tatum and Marques Bolden, Quando, Quando, Quando, Quando?

Los Tres Heridos?

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Los Tres Heridos?

Would you say they have a plethora of pinatas?

Jeff9821
11-22-2016, 11:01 AM

"you keep using that word..."

(couldn't help myself):cool:

Saratoga2
11-22-2016, 08:38 PM
Los Tres Heridos?

Si, los heridos guerreros

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Si, los heridos guerreros

Tell 'em that Gus sent 'ya.

Faison1
11-22-2016, 09:11 PM

How this movie flopped, I'll never know

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 09:54 PM

In the immortal words of that great mid-80's philosopher David St. Hubbins: "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

brevity
11-22-2016, 09:59 PM

"Do you have anything here besides Mexican food?"

But did it flop? ¡Three Amigos! made $39M in 1986 ($88M in 2016 dollars), in a year where 13 films broke $50M. It was 7th among PG-rated releases and about 8th among comedies. It made about as much as Short Circuit and The Fly, both of which got sequels. It may have been more successful once it was available for home viewing, but it did all right on the big screen.

Anyway, to get back on topic, it won't be enough once Amile is at full strength because athletes have to give 110 percent.

Faison1
11-22-2016, 10:00 PM
In the immortal words of that great mid-80's philosopher David St. Hubbins: "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

"What's the matter with sexy?"

OldPhiKap
11-22-2016, 10:10 PM
"What's the matter with sexy?"

Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

I read somewhere that the script was only like 26 pages, and the rest was planned to be (and was) ad-libbed. No one wanted to touch it until Rob Reiner got it. Genius.

Faison1
11-22-2016, 10:45 PM

But did it flop? ¡Three Amigos! made $39M in 1986 ($88M in 2016 dollars), in a year where 13 films broke $50M. It was 7th among PG-rated releases and about 8th among comedies. It made about as much as Short Circuit and The Fly, both of which got sequels. It may have been more successful once it was available for home viewing, but it did all right on the big screen.

Anyway, to get back on topic, it won't be enough once Amile is at full strength because athletes have to give 110 percent.

Not to get too hijacked with you and OldPhiKap, but you're right. The film was reasonably successful, but as compared to what the expectations were for a Tour de Force with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short, I think it underwhelmed. Again, I don't know why...I still laugh hysterically every time I watch it. The dance and party scenes with El Guapo are absolute gold.

OldPhiKap
11-23-2016, 07:26 AM
Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

I read somewhere that the script was only like 26 pages, and the rest was planned to be (and was) ad-libbed. No one wanted to touch it until Rob Reiner got it. Genius.

I'll add a true story: when Rob Reiner later did Princess Bride, Peter Falk (kiddingly?) said he would only do the movie if Reiner somehow worked a shot of Marti DeBerg's USS Coral Sea hat into a shot. You can see it on a shelf in Fred Savage's room.

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-23-2016, 07:33 AM
I'll add a true story: when Rob Reiner later did Princess Bride, Peter Falk (kiddingly?) said he would only do the movie if Reiner somehow worked a shot of Marti DeBerg's USS Coral Sea hat into a shot. You can see it on a shelf in Fred Savage's room.
I've heard this bit of trivia before but actually it was Mark Knopfler who got him to put the hat in there...

http://uproxx.com/webculture/as-you-wish-10-interesting-facts-we-learned-about-the-princess-bride-from-rob-reiner/

OldPhiKap
11-23-2016, 08:04 AM
I've heard this bit of trivia before but actually it was Mark Knopfler who got him to put the hat in there...

http://uproxx.com/webculture/as-you-wish-10-interesting-facts-we-learned-about-the-princess-bride-from-rob-reiner/

Good catch, I think that is right. Going from memory reading As You Wish by Cary Elwes last year. Which, btw, is a great book for PB fans.

Indoor66
11-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Anybody heard anything about Jefferson?

SCMatt33
11-23-2016, 08:23 AM

Ok, I know all the movie talk is waaaayyyy off topic, but I can't help myself. The other missing factor here is budget. Three Amigos made 39 million, but with a budget of 25 million, which isn't that great. The top grossing pure comedies that year, Crocodile Dundee, Back to School, and Ferris Bueller all made north of $70 Million with budgets between 5 and 11 million.

Ok, I'll throw an on topic comment here too, I can't wait for Jefferson to be like a 20/20 guy when healthy if his is less than 100%, that's how these things work, right?

devildeac
11-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Anybody heard anything about Jefferson?

Yep. Died 7/24/1826, same day as John Adams.

Oh, you meant Amile. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for that 20/20 (or Plumlee/Zoubeck) guy, too, once he's 100%.

sagegrouse
11-23-2016, 10:39 AM

Oh, you meant Amile. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for that 20/20 (or Plumlee/Zoubeck) guy, too, once he's 100%.

DevilDeac, I love you, but you stepped on your lines. Jefferson and Adams both died on the Fourth of July, the 50th anniversary of the forming of the United States.

MarkD83
11-23-2016, 10:49 AM
If Amilie was healthy he would have been able to sign the declaration and been in the princess bride. So is it time to change the title of this thread or retire it. No wait we have not had a chance to bash uncheats. If Roy had Amilie he would still be injured.

Newton_14
11-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Guys, I love humor as much as the next guy, but please get back and stay on topic. Our injury situation is pretty darn serious. It seems as though the latest vibes/rumblings are that we won't see any of the guys that have been out and Grayson & Chase are both badly hobbled.

I was in the camp that Tatum & Bolden would be back by the Mich St game, and Giles would be back for the first game in December, but now it seems none of that is going to be accurate and we for sure are not going to get any semblance of actual status and timetable from Duke. So who knows when any of them will play at this point. Very frustrating! And who knows what the deal is with Amile. We don't even know what his injury is.

sagegrouse
11-23-2016, 11:00 AM
Guys, I love humor as much as the next guy, but please get back and stay on topic. Our injury situation is pretty darn serious. It seems as though the latest vibes/rumblings are that we won't see any of the guys that have been out and Grayson & Chase are both badly hobbled.

I was in the camp that Tatum & Bolden would be back by the Mich St game, and Giles would be back for the first game in December, but now it seems none of that is going to be accurate and we for sure are not going to get any semblance of actual status and timetable from Duke. So who knows when any of them will play at this point. Very frustrating! And who knows what the deal is with Amile. We don't even know what his injury is.

I am not sure that the supposedly irrelevant posts qualify as "gallows humor," but wouldn't you agree that it would be appropriate?

Kindly,
Sage
'If there is "something wrong" with Amile, could he give it some of the other players?'

Newton_14
11-23-2016, 11:03 AM
I am not sure that the supposedly irrelevant posts qualify as "gallows humor," but wouldn't you agree that it would be appropriate?

Kindly,
Sage
'If there is "something wrong" with Amile, could he give it some of the other players?'Fair point, and for the record I was trying to be an arse about it.... I'm just starting to get really nervous about our injuries. Injuries completely derailed what would have been a very good FB season and I don't want the same thing to happen to the basketball season.

MChambers
11-23-2016, 11:09 AM
All injury thread demand humor, even if of the darkest kind!

Seriously, nothing we say here will affect whether or not our injured players return, so why not try to have fun?

I expect Tatum back by MSU, and probably sooner. I'm doubtful about the other two freshman.

Newton_14
11-23-2016, 11:12 AM
All injury thread demand humor, even if of the darkest kind!

Seriously, nothing we say here will affect whether or not our injured players return, so why not try to have fun?

I expect Tatum back by MSU, and probably sooner. I'm doubtful about the other two freshman.

Got ya on having zero affect on their return... my frustration was in coming to the thread to get updates on the injury and seeing off topic posts instead. So mea culpa, carry on, and have fun doing it.

Cheers

OldPhiKap
11-23-2016, 11:22 AM

I'm just not sure there is any "there" there with Amile's alleged injury, other than a passing comment by Coach before he went out and pulled down another double double.

If I thought Amile was seriously injured, I would not be so light-hearted. And perhaps it will come out that I should be more worried. For now, though, I just don't see much evidence of the supposed problem.

Fair point though, I'll move on until there is something of substance on this issue.

Indoor66
11-23-2016, 12:09 PM

Actually, that date of death for both was 07/04/1826. That date has some significance, I think.

Faison1
11-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Fair point though, I'll move on until there is something of substance on this issue.

MChambers
11-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Got ya on having zero affect on their return... my frustration was in coming to the thread to get updates on the injury and seeing off topic posts instead. So mea culpa, carry on, and have fun doing it.

Cheers

If you come here to get any accurate information of signficance, you are in deep trouble!

slower
11-23-2016, 01:20 PM
this will blow your mind:

If it's on the internet, it's not true.

But...YOU'RE on the internet.

daveduke76
11-23-2016, 01:55 PM

One of my favorites! Cawwww Cawwwww

Devilwin
11-23-2016, 03:55 PM
The casual observer would think we beat our players at night with billy clubs while they sleep..
On the Abe Lincoln on the "penny " thing. Abe was never on the penny, which is a coin of the UK. Abe is on the "cent". Learned that from watching "Pawn Stars", lol..:cool:

devildeac
11-23-2016, 04:58 PM
DevilDeac, I love you, but you stepped on your lines. Jefferson and Adams both died on the Fourth of July, the 50th anniversary of the forming of the United States.

Damn, you're right. Thanks for the correction. I copied the date and put the lines between the month/date/year in the wrong place and illegibly. :o

OldPhiKap
11-23-2016, 08:00 PM
On Basketbsll and Beyond tonight, K said that Amile was about 75% and Grayson about 50% over the weekend games. No elaboration that I heard.

brevity
11-23-2016, 08:14 PM
On Basketbsll and Beyond tonight, K said that Amile was about 75% and Grayson about 50% over the weekend games. No elaboration that I heard.

Check your math. Coach K said Grayson was "a trip and a half," which would be 150%.

Tripping William
11-23-2016, 08:41 PM
I'll keep taking these 75% doubles-doubles all damn season long.

OldPhiKap
11-23-2016, 09:00 PM
I'll keep taking these 75% doubles-doubles all damn season long.

The other 25% is his deep three-point shooting, so watch out when that kicks in.

Tripping William
11-23-2016, 09:02 PM
The other 25% is his deep three-point shooting, so watch out when that kicks in.

Yes, I'm anxiously awaiting when he is healthy enough to channel his inner Marshall Plumlee.

DukeDevilDeb
11-24-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure that Amile is physically limited at the moment. His grandmother died over the weekend, and I suspect that may be what Coach K is referring to. Our sympathies to Amile and his family.

Indoor66
11-24-2016, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure that Amile is physically limited at the moment. His grandmother died over the weekend, and I suspect that may be what Coach K is referring to. Our sympathies to Amile and his family.

My Prayers go out to Amile and his family. A loss is so sad - especially at a Holiday moment.