PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Rhode Island (Nov 20, 2016)

JBDuke
11-20-2016, 03:10 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 75-65 win over Rhode Island?

Doria
11-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Voted Amile again, but it really was a team effort, and I can see very persuasive arguments for at least three other players. Nice dilemma to have!

OldPhiKap
11-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Leaning Amile, but Luke very impressive. Gotta give this a little more thought . . .

Saratoga2
11-20-2016, 03:17 PM
I voted for Kennard but could also see Jefferson. Both had terrific games.

slower
Amile. That was a man's game he just played.

Bob Green
Amile Jefferson earned my vote with his double-double 17 points and 15 rebounds. Equally impressive was his contribution to breaking the URI press.

Runner-up: Luke Kennard. The man knows how to score.

Honorable Mention: Matt Jones. He was very steady today.

sagegrouse
11-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Luke today (Amile yesterday). Luke was all over the court, in addition to scoring, and got credit for six rebounds and three assists, with only one turnover.

azzefkram
11-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Could have gone with any of the top 4 but Amile's double-double pushed him over the top for me. A really impressive team effort today.

richardjackson199
11-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Lots of great humor in the chat. Brevity on fire as usual. But one of my favorites was Hot-Hand Luke from devildeac. Luke helped us pull away to start 2nd half, so he gets my vote. He is really going to help this team as this year's most improved.

DukeDevilDeb
11-20-2016, 04:23 PM
I thought both Luke and Amile deserved MOTM today. They were playing at a level far beyond that which Rhode Island reached. Luke scored in so many different ways... 2s, 3s, offensive rebound put back, mid-range shot. He seemed to be all over the court. And he really stepped up in the second half (I think he had only 5 in the first half but could be wrong)... never let RI into the game then.

But Amile, man... this just makes me realize all the more how much we missed him last year. Had he and Brandon been able to play together, they might have been nearly unstoppable. I was so impressed how he could turn and shoot in the tiniest of places... and he was handling the ball really well. Senior leadership by example personified.

And though Matt didn't have the statistical game that either of the other two did, his game was critical for this very small team. So maybe we should consider MOTM triplets! ;)

Get some sleep, guys, and rest up those legs. This was a lot of games in a lot of days... but the ACC schedule will be even more challenging.

gep
11-20-2016, 04:29 PM
I went with Amile. He looks to be in great shape... both strength AND conditioning. He didn't look tired at all :cool:

OZZIE4DUKE
11-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Luke today (Amile yesterday). Luke was all over the court, in addition to scoring, and got credit for six rebounds and three assists, with only one turnover.
Great minds think alike, Sage! Luke today, Amile yesterday. And maybe Jayson or Marquis on Wednesday?? Ok, I'll share what I'm smokin'. Well maybe not, it's 'smoke from the distant fires' in the mountains. LGD GTHc!

dukejim1
11-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Great minds think alike, Sage! Luke today, Amile yesterday. And maybe Jayson or Marquis on Wednesday?? Ok, I'll share what I'm smokin'. Well maybe not, it's 'smoke from the distant fires' in the mountains. LGD GTHc!

I voted Amile and Luke played great but I really appreciate Grayson's effort on a bad wheel. I hope he can get well over Christmas and regain some explosiveness.

Devilwin
11-20-2016, 05:56 PM
Voted Amile. Luke was great as well. I believe we see the injured begin to filter in one at a time, beginning this week.:cool:

devildeac
11-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Luke, no, Amile, no...

I'll go with Luke today. By a hair...

Krzyzewskiville33
11-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Giving this one to Amile, however Grayson and Chase are definitely deserving for gutting it out. Both played hard, clearly in pain as Grayson was barely walking by the end of it. Sitting right near where Chase went down yesterday, I never dreamed he would be on the court for at least a couple weeks. Good to see the toughness out of both of them.

53n206
11-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Yes Amile and Luke were great. But I've got to give a lot of praise to Grayson. You could tell he played hurt, you knowl he played hard.

Newton_14
11-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Amile Jefferson earned my vote with his double-double 17 points and 15 rebounds. Equally impressive was his contribution to breaking the URI press.

Runner-up: Luke Kennard. The man knows how to score.

Honorable Mention: Matt Jones. He was very steady today.

What he said... ^

gep
11-20-2016, 10:25 PM
I didn't read or hear anything about this... but did Amile and Luke BOTH get co-MVP, or co-MOP, or whatever they called it?

(hope the attached pic works...)

juise
11-20-2016, 10:59 PM
I didn't read or hear anything about this... but did Amile and Luke BOTH get co-MVP, or co-MOP, or whatever they called it?

(hope the attached pic works...)

I saw a different image that was closer up and the plaques are for All-Tournament Team and are identical.