PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry sheds light on playing for a Tarheel Coach

PackMan97
11-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Seth Curry offers some insight into his relationship with Coach George Carl.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/warriors/Seth_Curry_sheds_light_on_why_he_turned_down_offer s_from_the_Warriors-401514275.html

"People there (in Sacramento) told me, and at first I didn't believe it because it sounds like an excuse somebody would make for somebody, but he's (George Karl) a (North) Carolina guy and you're a Duke guy. And some people there told me that he had some preconceived ideas about what Duke pros were like -- that they didn't make it or they ended up not being what people said they would be -- and he would say it out loud. And people there would hear it. Did you ever hear it?"

"I did," Curry answered. "It felt like every single day he would make a little Duke jab, or say something about Duke-Carolina. I'm like, 'Wow, this is happening every single day, this might be a little real.' But I don't know if that's the reason why he didn't play me on a consistent basis...

"I used to hear it and I used to hear people talk about how serious he was about it. It was a tough time early on in that year."

Gotta love tha Carolina/Duke rivarlry.

OldPhiKap
11-17-2016, 06:09 PM

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/warriors/Seth_Curry_sheds_light_on_why_he_turned_down_offer s_from_the_Warriors-401514275.html

ES, George Karl, ES.

subzero02
11-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Not that I needed another reason to dislike Carolina... but I guess I have 1 now.

cato
11-17-2016, 07:42 PM

If by love, you mean not resting easy until no one even remembers that UNC used to field a sporting team of any sort, then yes.

Carolina Delenda Est.

But I may be preaching to the choir.

Li_Duke
11-17-2016, 09:38 PM
I would have loved it if Curry had reminded Karl of his 2002 US Team and compared that to Coach K's US Team record.

Furniture
11-17-2016, 10:24 PM
ES, George Karl, ES.

He definitely is a low bollock hanging wanker!

budwom
11-18-2016, 09:02 AM
It's no secret that this has been Karl's modus operandi for a long time...

Merlindevildog91
11-18-2016, 10:21 AM
He definitely is a low bollock hanging wanker!

Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence, i.e., that Mr. Karl (I'm polite like that in the courtroom) has bollocks!

Newton_14
11-19-2016, 12:30 AM
It's no secret that this has been Karl's modus operandi for a long time...
Which is just bizarre to me. A NBA Coach with a bias so strong he will actually let it influence his team negatively in a profession where winning is the only thing that matters. It's borderline insane. If I were a NBA owner or GM and I suspected he was limiting the playing time, or putting a player at a disadvantage on the court just because of where the player attended College I would not hesitate to fire him.

I first heard of this bias way back when Julius Hodges was drafted, I believe in the 1st Round by a team coached by Carl and the NC State bashing started on Day 1, and Hodges was relegated to the very last spot on the bench. Now it most likely did not factor in with Hodges just not being NBA material, but it most certainly did not help him.

I would hope no Duke kids or NC State kids for that matter, end up having to play (or sit) on a team coached by Karl anymore.

OldPhiKap
11-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Objection! Assuming facts not in evidence, i.e., that Mr. Karl (I'm polite like that in the courtroom) has bollocks!

Or a wanker.

jv001
11-19-2016, 09:01 AM
I never root for an NBA team with a former cheat coach. Matter of fact, I don't root for the Charlotte Hornets because of Jordan. I didn't like them before the cheating was discovered and I certainly don't root for them now. GoDuke!

weezie
11-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Not that I needed another reason to dislike Carolina... but I guess I have 1 now.

And here I am, delighted to have a fresh new one to add to the treasure chest.

G. Karl, just pucker up your lips, you old fat can!