PDA

View Full Version : That didn't take long. Duke replaces Sears

jimsumner
11-14-2016, 12:32 PM
http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Duke-flips-2017-QB-Chris-Katrenick-from-Bowling-Green-48978634

Bob Green
11-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Katrenick is listed as a Pocket Passer not a Dual Threat quarterback, which is interesting. It seems Coach Cutcliffe was interested in dual threat guys the past couple years, but I'm guessing losing Sears this late in the game made the staff open to any quality quarterback prospect.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/211522/chris-katrenick

Newton_14
11-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Katrenick is listed as a Pocket Passer not a Dual Threat quarterback, which is interesting. It seems Coach Cutcliffe was interested in dual threat guys the past couple years, but I'm guessing losing Sears this late in the game made the staff open to any quality quarterback prospect.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/211522/chris-katrenick

He looked pretty mobile in the highlight clips shown. Running the Read-Option.

I for one will lose no sleep at all in the Sears change. Nothing at all against the kid. We have our QB for the next 3 seasons, and I believe he is an All-ACC Caliber QB who is going to be a Star under Cutcliffe. Look at the improvement since the beginning of the season. He looks nothing like the kid we saw against UVA and Wake. Lord I wish our schedule would have been more front loaded. I would love to be finishing up with UVA and Wake with the same 4-6 Record.

If we played any of Northwestern, Wake, UVA this coming Saturday, Road or Home, we win in my opinion.

I am glad to get Katrenick. I hope he pans out. We will need to have a good back up just in case Jones gets hurt.

I am on the Daniel Jones Train. I suggest you join me and stop sweating the Sears loss.

OldPhiKap
11-14-2016, 10:17 PM
He looked pretty mobile in the highlight clips shown. Running the Read-Option.

I for one will lose no sleep at all in the Sears change. Nothing at all against the kid. We have our QB for the next 3 seasons, and I believe he is an All-ACC Caliber QB who is going to be a Star under Cutcliffe. Look at the improvement since the beginning of the season. He looks nothing like the kid we saw against UVA and Wake. Lord I wish our schedule would have been more front loaded. I would love to be finishing up with UVA and Wake with the same 4-6 Record.

If we played any of Northwestern, Wake, UVA this coming Saturday, Road or Home, we win in my opinion.

I am glad to get Katrenick. I hope he pans out. We will need to have a good back up just in case Jones gets hurt.

I am on the Daniel Jones Train. I suggest you join me and stop sweating the Sears loss.

I am a Jones fan. As I said on another there, no offense to Anthony Boone or at homes Sirk (both of whom I really like) but Jones may be the best downfield passer Cut has had here yet. And he is a very effective dual threat. Lots of upside.

Richard Berg
11-15-2016, 12:12 AM
I am a Jones fan. As I said on another there, no offense to Anthony Boone or at homes Sirk (both of whom I really like) but Jones may be the best downfield passer Cut has had here yet. And he is a very effective dual threat. Lots of upside.
Jones is fun to watch but I don't think he's caught Renfree or Thad yet.

Bob Green
11-15-2016, 04:51 AM

I am all aboard the Daniel Jones train. What concerns me about the Sears situation (and Chaz Surratt last season) is the inability to close the deal with 4* quarterbacks.

OldPhiKap
11-15-2016, 05:56 AM

Yet, agreed. But we don't necessarily have the deep receivers they had

budwom
11-15-2016, 08:34 AM
^ yup, our receiver group just isn't very good right now. We're much better than we were weeks ago because we're making much better use of our tight ends.

RepoMan
11-15-2016, 09:09 AM
The Sears situation was predictable once Jones started having so much success. Barring injury to Jones, he could have been facing 3 years before becoming a starter. I doubt that was at all appealing. We can get 4 star in a later year. Though I am more interested in overall depth than star volume in a singular position.

killerleft
11-15-2016, 09:21 AM

A freshman vs. the memories we have of experienced, talented, and future NFL seniors? Then again, he's got three games to catch 'em!:) ESPN seemed to have an agenda with its pushing of unc quarterback Mitch Trubiskey as a future NFL starter, while Daniel Jones was outplaying him the whole game.

Don't look now, but sophomore T.J. Rahming is starting to show signs of being one heck of a receiver. Running a pretty good race, as Coach K might say.

jv001
11-15-2016, 09:30 AM

I'm a Jones fan as well and we have him for 3 more years under Coach Cut. I suppose Sears thinks pretty highly of him also. I hoping Daniel has me thinking of Ben Bennett and Anthony Dilweg. GoDuke!

killerleft
11-15-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm a Jones fan as well and we have him for 3 more years under Coach Cut. I suppose Sears thinks pretty highly of him also. I hoping Daniel has me thinking of Ben Bennett and Anthony Dilweg. GoDuke!

Mix in some Thad Lewis and Mike Dunn? Whoosh! Seriously, though, I'm very interested to find out if Thomas Sirk is gonna give it one more try. He brings a lot of talent to the table as well.

devildeac
11-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Mix in some Thad Lewis and Mike Dunn? Whoosh! Seriously, though, I'm very interested to find out if Thomas Sirk is gonna give it one more try. He brings a lot of talent to the table as well.

Kelby Brown tried. Didn't work for him. Oh wait, yes it did;). According to his parents (very, very nice people) from Thursday night, he either has a Duke Div School Masters degree now or is currently completing those requirements and is hoping/planning on attending med school next year. I wish Sirk well no matter what he chooses/works out for him.