PDA

View Full Version : Who will be Duke's next play-by-play announcer?

Reilly
11-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Bob will never be "replaced", so that's not appropriate for a thread title. An amazing run, with his good nature, easy-to-listen-to voice, terrifically memorable calls as Duke sports rose to an international juggernaut, and frustrating homer-ism confusing Duke FB radio listeners during the wilderness years (when something good seldom happened, but was often described).

Who's next?

And who makes the ultimate decision (the radio rights holder? Duke? Combo?)?

There are so many espn channels and regional sports networks showing lots of decent talent, and so many polished communications professionals, we should be able to get someone passably decent.

fuse
11-12-2016, 08:52 PM
I volunteer!

Dukehky
11-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Has to be someone who pronounces Duke, "Dyuke"

devildeac
11-13-2016, 02:41 PM
I volunteer!

Seconded!

moonpie23
11-13-2016, 02:52 PM
moopie23

i do the BEST play by play!

CameronBlue
11-13-2016, 03:38 PM
moopie23

i do the BEST play by play!

Pick me! Pick me! I actually did radio for a long time. Okay it was classical (and jazz) but after years of pronouncing the names of the Russian moderns, there's no one better qualified when the Czech Republic comes to Cameron for an exhibition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic_national_basketball_team#Current_ro ster

Reilly
11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
So it looks like DBR needs to set up a separate area for the posting of resumes, sort of like the ticket exchange. I was hoping we could crowd source this -- folks gotta know who the young talent is. I'd give the edge to a North Carolina accent, though our players are from Las Vegas, Jax, Ohio, Philly, Houston ...