PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Field/Wallace Wade

Bike4Fun
11-06-2016, 06:53 AM
Does anyone know who the people are and what they are doing, in the seating that is above and in the video scoreboard? I assume they have something to do with game production, but they are interesting seats.

60sDukie
11-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Don't know but if they have anything to do with running the video board I wish they would turn the volume down. It was beyond too loud.

Bike4Fun
11-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Cameron is noticeably louder, too! I agree. May get earplugs for games . Cameron sound caused pain during the intro.

budwom
11-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Don't know but if they have anything to do with running the video board I wish they would turn the volume down. It was beyond too loud.

Third Down Shouting Man really needs to chill a bit...I'm at the age where hearing is supposed to become an issue, yet this guy consistently blasts me out of my seat...it's just
plain uncomfortable. Perhaps he needs an edible before each game...

BigWayne
11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Third Down Shouting Man really needs to chill a bit...I'm at the age where hearing is supposed to become an issue, yet this guy consistently blasts me out of my seat...it's just
plain uncomfortable. Perhaps he needs an edible before each game...

At a lot of big college and NFL stadiums, they have decided that the reason fans are there is to make noise when the visiting team has the ball to affect the game. It got worse after Seattle used this to their advantage on the way to winning the super bowl. There is a part of the population that enjoys being a part of that, but it doesn't include me.

English
11-07-2016, 11:28 AM
At a lot of big college and NFL stadiums, they have decided that the reason fans are there is to make noise when the visiting team has the ball to affect the game. It got worse after Seattle used this to their advantage on the way to winning the super bowl. There is a part of the population that enjoys being a part of that, but it doesn't include me.

You may not like to join, but it is an obvious advantage competitively. If the opposing OLine and offensive skill players cannot hear the plays being called, the snap count, etc., their jobs become much more difficult. It's not that "they" have decided that's the reason fans are there...it's just a fact.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
You may not like to join, but it is an obvious advantage competitively. If the opposing OLine and offensive skill players cannot hear the plays being called, the snap count, etc., their jobs become much more difficult. It's not that "they" have decided that's the reason fans are there...it's just a fact.

Yeah, our stadium is far from creating that sort of situation I am afraid. I turned on the game mid-4th quarter when I got home and was very pleasantly surprised by the crowd noise.

The unfortunate punchline of course is that it was VaTech fans making the noise while we had the ball.

English
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Yeah, our stadium is far from creating that sort of situation I am afraid. I turned on the game mid-4th quarter when I got home and was very pleasantly surprised by the crowd noise.

The unfortunate punchline of course is that it was VaTech fans making the noise while we had the ball.

Oh, we're aligned here, and I almost mentioned that this advantage is tough to come by when your stadium is nearly empty--I didn't want to sound too negative, so I bit my virtual tongue.

The OP framed his/her point in reference to "big college and NFL stadiums," so I think the point stands.

devildeac
11-07-2016, 01:34 PM

I commented early on in the game to the folks we were seated with that it was tough having an "away" game at WW. :(

jimsumner
11-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Try going to an NHL game. It apparently is league policy that even a second of silence in non-playing situations is an affront to all that is good and decent.

budwom
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Shouting Man shouts even when it has nothing to do with action on the field. It doesn't matter if Duke has the ball, the opponent has it, or no one has it....he's just too damned loud all the time

Bob Green
11-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Shouting Man shouts even when it has nothing to do with action on the field. It doesn't matter if Duke has the ball, the opponent has it, or no one has it...he's just too damned loud all the time

I haven't done it this season, but last season I wore ear plugs to multiple games. The volume is too damn loud.

Newton_14
11-07-2016, 10:04 PM
I commented early on in the game to the folks we were seated with that it was tough having an "away" game at WW. :( Yes you did and for sure there was a lot of Hokies in the house including the one idiot that was a couple of rows behind you, Bob, and myself that felt the need to holler and sustain the "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" every single time the Duke offense had a 3rd down play. It was funny when we waited late to snap it and he would give out of breath. Hopefully his throat was really sore the next morning. He surely deserved it.

Shouting Man shouts even when it has nothing to do with action on the field. It doesn't matter if Duke has the ball, the opponent has it, or no one has it...he's just too damned loud all the time

I haven't done it this season, but last season I wore ear plugs to multiple games. The volume is too damn loud.

I guess I should be "getting of both of your lawns"! cause the announcer at the FB games does not bother me at all. I love the "First Down........................Duke" But seriously, I just haven't felt it was too loud at games this season. The music is loud but I have always played my music loud so that doesn't bother me at all.

Also, in the Basketball game Friday Night, I sat in Section 13 and I could clearly hear the PA guy, but I could also tell that more than one speaker in Cameron is blown and need to be replaced. I have been a sound technician for 20+ years at my church and I know a busted speaker when I hear one. Duke needs to test them and figure out which speakers are blown and replace them with new ones.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Newton, in the first exhibition game the speakers near section 13 did not work at all and no one could hear the announcer above a mumble. Who was the foul on? What he say?

Yes, the volume last game was a tad high, but not toooo bad.

LGD! GTHc!

Newton_14
11-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Newton, in the first exhibition game the speakers near section 13 did not work at all and no one could hear the announcer above a mumble. Who was the foul on? What he say?

Yes, the volume last game was a tad high, but not toooo bad.

LGD! GTHc!
Got you. I wasn't there for that game, but like I said, I could definitely tell there are multiple blown speakers from my experience Friday Night. Lots and lots of static. The music in Cameron is a tad high for sure and would benefit everyone by being turned down. (In addition to replacing the blown speakers of course).