PDA

View Full Version : ADT Alarm Question

Rich
11-04-2016, 12:18 PM
I've called several different people at ADT and have received different answers each time so I thought I'd try here. We currently have a system in which the keypad by the garage door is hardwired, but all of the sensors are wireless. I don't like having the chime or voice tell me when a door or window has been opened so we keep it in silent mode. However, when we set or disengage the alarm it chimes three times -- as I understand it, there's nothing we can do about that.

We want to add a second wired keypad in our master bedroom, but for that one we want to hear the chime when a door or window is open. Can we set that one so that the chimes are separate from the one by the door (i.e., no chimes by door, chimes in bedroom)? Also, if we get this second keypad, will we hear all of the chimes in the bedroom when the alarm is set or disengaged at the door?

I guess what I'm asking, do the two keypads, and setting the sounds, work independently? Or do they work in unison so that all the sounds on one are automatically heard on the other?

If you have an ADT system with two keypads and are familiar with this, please let me know your experience. Feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

BandAlum83
11-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I've called several different people at ADT and have received different answers each time so I thought I'd try here. We currently have a system in which the keypad by the garage door is hardwired, but all of the sensors are wireless. I don't like having the chime or voice tell me when a door or window has been opened so we keep it in silent mode. However, when we set or disengage the alarm it chimes three times -- as I understand it, there's nothing we can do about that.

We want to add a second wired keypad in our master bedroom, but for that one we want to hear the chime when a door or window is open. Can we set that one so that the chimes are separate from the one by the door (i.e., no chimes by door, chimes in bedroom)? Also, if we get this second keypad, will we hear all of the chimes in the bedroom when the alarm is set or disengaged at the door?

I guess what I'm asking, do the two keypads, and setting the sounds, work independently? Or do they work in unison so that all the sounds on one are automatically heard on the other?

If you have an ADT system with two keypads and are familiar with this, please let me know your experience. Feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Mine don't operate independently, but I don't have any wireless sensors. Also, it was installed 19 years ago.