PDA

View Full Version : WBB Rankings

sagegrouse
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
The AP preseason is out and Notre Dame is #1. UConn is #3.

Not good news for the Triangle:

MISSING TRIANGLE: Duke is not ranked in the preseason for the first time since 1994-95. The Blue Devils aren't the only member of Tobacco Road absent from the poll. North Carolina and NC State both are unranked, marking only the second time in the 41-year history of the poll that none of the three are in the preseason rankings. It also happened in 1986.

sagegrouse
11-01-2016, 12:54 PM
A few days old and probably referenced elsewhere -- #13 recruit Jade Williams is coming to Duke.

Duke already had one of the best 2017 recruiting classes in the country. It just got a whole lot better.

Jade Williams, a 6-foot-4 forward and the No. 13 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100, announced her decision to attend Duke after visiting the campus this past weekend.

"My decision to attend Duke was immediate," said the senior at Prestonwood Christian Academy (Plano, Texas). "I love the small-school environment, the culture, diversity of the student population and the opportunities that await me there."

Williams, who is interested in a career in medicine, also took official visits to Texas Tech, Tennessee, South Carolina and Texas A&M before visiting Durham, North Carolina.