PDA

View Full Version : ACC announces game times for 11-5; Duke-VT at 3:30

jimsumner
10-30-2016, 02:19 PM
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-football-game-times-and-networks-for-week-10-10-24-2016

ESPNU

Bob Green
10-30-2016, 03:04 PM
ACC announces game times for 11-5; Duke-VT at 3:30

Thanks, Jim. This is my favorite kick-off time.

SCMatt33
10-30-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm very pleasantly surprised that Duke didn't end up as part of the 12:30 split ACCN game. I guess Va Tech's win Thursday made them want to the team controlling its coastal destiny in the better window.

sagegrouse
10-30-2016, 04:36 PM
The more important point for me is that the game will be shown on ESPNU, which means that the two-bit, second tier channel in Denver (the 2nd channel of NBC-9), which shows some ACC games, can't impose a DirecTV blackout of all cable ACC games.

richardjackson199
10-30-2016, 05:29 PM

Yep. Beer tastes good any time, but morning tailgating feels a little weird for those noon games. Plus with Hoops Friday evening, that gives us time to rest and shift gears.

devildeac
10-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Yep. Beer tastes good any time, but morning tailgating feels a little weird for those noon games. Plus with Hoops Friday evening, that gives us time to rest and shift gears.

Morning tailgating?

Problem solved:

Newton_14
10-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Yes agree. Especially in the cool weather season. Makes the day much more manageable. What with my long drive down there and all. ;):rolleyes::cool:

I will meet you and Mr DD in our normal seats and will likely have lil newton_14 in tow this time.

devildeac
10-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Yes agree. Especially in the cool weather season. Makes the day much more manageable. What with my long drive down there and all. ;):rolleyes::cool:

I will meet you and Mr DD in our normal seats and will likely have lil newton_14 in tow this time.

Watch out for your favorite parking attendants...

:rolleyes:

(story on Saturday about that topic)

Bob Green
10-30-2016, 06:36 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting lil newton_14.

Newton_14
10-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Watch out for your favorite parking attendants...

:rolleyes:

(story on Saturday about that topic)

I'm telling you man... in my best backwoods hoodrat country slang... "they done gone and hired dem gestapo soldiers to police parking at Duke sporting events"... I swear it is now a felony to violate the least itty bitty rule... and what they did to you guys at the Hurricane game is just beyond stupid. That blew my mind! Same with the seating police in the stadium that day. Ignorance at its finest. You should actually share that hurricane game story in the parking thread...

devildeac
10-30-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm telling you man... in my best backwoods hoodrat country slang... "they done gone and hired dem gestapo soldiers to police parking at Duke sporting events"... I swear it is now a felony to violate the least itty bitty rule... and what they did to you guys at the Hurricane game is just beyond stupid. That blew my mind! Same with the seating police in the stadium that day. Ignorance at its finest. You should actually share that hurricane game story in the parking thread...

I had no problem with the in-stadium security that day as I simply avoided them, not wanting another "altercation" to recount.

BTW, looking forward to meeting lil' Newton_14. I promise I'll be on my best verbal behavior. I'll make no promises for Bob however :rolleyes: .