PDA

View Full Version : New Giles article on ESPN

atoomer0881
10-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Anyone get a chance to read John Gasaway's new article on ESPN this morning, titled "Harry Giles is one injury Duke can't overcome"? Curious what people's thoughts are on it. If anyone needs the text of the article, I can post it here.

flyingdutchdevil
10-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Anyone get a chance to read John Gasaway's new article on ESPN this morning, titled "Harry Giles is one injury Duke can't overcome"? Curious what people's thoughts are on it. If anyone needs the text of the article, I can post it here.

Appreciate the offer, but please don't post or offer to post paid content. It's a big no-no on DBR.

atoomer0881
10-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Appreciate the offer, but please don't post or offer to post paid content. It's a big no-no on DBR.

Oh crap didn't even realize that! My apologies, definitely didn't mean to do that. Sometimes when I read the articles on my phone, it doesn't tell me it's an insider article. Thanks for pointing that out!

sagegrouse
10-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Here's a "fair use" quote that should even please our landlord:

... [W]hat's unique to Giles is that he holds at least the potential to be a high-usage scorer who's most comfortable and productive in the post. We've seen Duke teams both with that kind of presence in the paint (Okafor in 2014-15, and, somewhat less famously, Mason Plumlee in 2011-12) and without it (last season). It's safe to say Coach K would prefer "with," and opponents would opt for "without."

Ichabod Drain
10-27-2016, 04:46 PM

Believe they should be referencing Mason in 2012-2013.

budwom
10-27-2016, 04:56 PM

One need not be a rocket surgeon to calculate we'd be better with Giles than without him...by that's the insight of John Skipper's ESPN I guess.

rsvman
10-27-2016, 05:20 PM
One need not be a rocket surgeon to calculate we'd be better with Giles than without him...by that's the insight of John Skipper's ESPN I guess.

...or even a brain scientist!

plimnko
10-27-2016, 05:21 PM

you could print that article and line your birdcage

Indoor66
10-27-2016, 06:37 PM
you could print that article and line your birdcage

Don't want a constipated bird.

MChambers
10-27-2016, 08:15 PM
We've also seen Duke without a high usage scorer in the post, in 2010. How'd that turn out, John? But I agree that Duke would be better off with Giles. I'm more looking forward to his defense and rebounding, however.