PDA

View Full Version : ACC doesn't annonce game times for 11-5

jimsumner
10-24-2016, 12:31 PM
Pert near everything in the hands of ESPN. Including Duke-VT.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-football-game-times-and-networks-for-week-10-10-24-2016

devildeac
10-24-2016, 12:40 PM

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-football-game-times-and-networks-for-week-10-10-24-2016

$$$$

60sDukie
10-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Well that is annoying. It makes a big difference to us. We always spend the night - too far to make trip all in one day. Twelve o'clock start means come up Friday night, 3:00 or later means come up Saturday morning. There are hotel reservations and dog arrangements to be made...

SCMatt33
10-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Well that is annoying. It makes a big difference to us. We always spend the night - too far to make trip all in one day. Twelve o'clock start means come up Friday night, 3:00 or later means come up Saturday morning. There are hotel reservations and dog arrangements to be made...

Given that UVA Wake was already given to RSN and looking at the rest of the games, I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see anything other than 12:30 ACCN for Duke. I was also a bit surprised to see ESPN use 6 six day holds in one week. I believe the current deal (could have changed in all the ACC network negotiations) only allows ESPN to exercise a limited number of six day holds per season so using 6 in one week seems like a lot.

budwom
10-24-2016, 03:16 PM

You don't matter. Nor do I. I'm in the same boat, and basically there's nothing we can do about it...Duke implores fans to fill the seats, but TV couldn't care less....we sit in blazing sun to suit TV, and we
can't even tell our fans when the game is for proper travel arrangements, also to suit TV. I've got 800 miles to travel, and air fares tend to get expensive less than 14-21 days out, but I just have to guess what
the game time's going to be most of the time.

CrazyNotCrazie
10-24-2016, 03:27 PM
I fear the day when this sort of scheduling flexibility starts creeping further into basketball as well. There's not too much they can do on weeknight games, but as weekend prime time games grow more prevalent, this can become a bigger issue.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-24-2016, 04:51 PM
If you haven't already made reservations, hotels rooms are already in short supply. Duke (VT), Carolina (GT) and NC State (FSU) host games on Nov. 5. Once kickoff times are announced, there may be a few shifts in availability.

60sDukie
10-24-2016, 05:52 PM
Made reservation for Sat night a long time ago at airport Hilton garden inn. (We usually stay there-less expensive than other places on the weekend.) Guess we might be leaving home really early Saturday morning.

BigWayne
10-24-2016, 07:19 PM

theacc.com schedule doesn't even show the games on the right days. They have four ACC football games on Friday Nov. 4th.

awhom111
10-24-2016, 09:36 PM
Given that UVA Wake was already given to RSN and looking at the rest of the games, I would be (pleasantly) surprised to see anything other than 12:30 ACCN for Duke. I was also a bit surprised to see ESPN use 6 six day holds in one week. I believe the current deal (could have changed in all the ACC network negotiations) only allows ESPN to exercise a limited number of six day holds per season so using 6 in one week seems like a lot.

The six day holds limit is on weeks and not specific games, so this only counts as one use of the hold.