PDA

View Full Version : Justise Winslow Making Us Proud

MHNOLADevil
10-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Justise Winslow continues to make us proud both on and off the court. The Players Tribune posted this video of Justise working with the Son of a Saint program in New Orleans to help provide male role models to young men who don't have one in their lives. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/justise-winslow-first-step-video/

richardjackson199
10-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Proud indeed. That is what it's all about. Justise gets it.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Dukehky
10-05-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't have a useful male role model. Give me a shout Justise!

mattman91
10-05-2016, 10:24 AM
What a guy.

Newton_14
10-05-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't have a useful male role model. Give me a shout Justise!

I think many of us male DBR folks have large man-crushes on JW... I know for sure I do. Love that dude. Really wish we could have held onto him for at least one more year. I remember vividly the quote from his mom where she stated if she had her way, all these kids would be 4 Year College Guys. I was like "momma, I will help you insist to your son that he shalt play at Duke 4 Years, walk across the stage to receive that 4 year Duke Degree before heading over to the NBA'! Man I miss those days sometimes too. The best of the best of the best "Declared Hardship" and left after completing their Junior Season. The Golden Age those were I guess... but I digress...

Congrats Justise! You are loved man!

gep
10-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Proud indeed. That is what it's all about. Justise gets it.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Yes... he does "get it". Amazing to take time out to do this. The kids will remember this forever.

Indoor66
10-06-2016, 08:09 AM
I think many of us male DBR folks have large man-crushes on JW... I know for sure I do. Love that dude. Really wish we could have held onto him for at least one more year. I remember vividly the quote from his mom where she stated if she had her way, all these kids would be 4 Year College Guys. I was like "momma, I will help you insist to your son that he shalt play at Duke 4 Years, walk across the stage to receive that 4 year Duke Degree before heading over to the NBA'! Man I miss those days sometimes too. The best of the best of the best "Declared Hardship" and left after completing their Junior Season. The Golden Age those were I guess... but I digress...

With the Heat as my local team, I get to see all his games. I, too, join those who praise Winslow. He is a pleasure to watch on the court and to follow his community activities. A fine young man.

flyingdutchdevil
10-06-2016, 08:42 AM

Count me in the "I heart Justise Winslow" fanclub. The dude is a stud and a great representation of Duke University.

yancem
10-06-2016, 09:37 AM
That was awesome. So many times you go onto the internet and later think, man I wish I had that 10 minutes of my life back. This was so the opposite, I spent the whole video not only admiring Winslow but wondering what I can do to help more.

SkyBrickey
10-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Justise Winslow continues to make us proud both on and off the court. The Players Tribune posted this video of Justise working with the Son of a Saint program in New Orleans to help provide male role models to young men who don't have one in their lives. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/justise-winslow-first-step-video/

This is an excellent video! Would encourage everyone to take 10 minutes to watch it. I'm now an even bigger Justise Winslow fan!