PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Plumlee NY Knick rookie

heyman25
09-30-2016, 12:49 PM
https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/duke-guys-thomas-plumlee-looking-to-help-knicks-revamped-front-line/204228180

moonpie23
09-30-2016, 10:35 PM
i'll pull for the knicks....

Newton_14
10-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Guys and Gals, I just caught most of the 2nd Half of the Pre-Season Knicks vs Celtics game, and I gotta tell ya, our boy was looking like a legit NBA Player that belongs. (My humble opinion of course) He wasn't going against the Celtics scrubs the entire time either. He screened well, ran the floor well, and even knocked down a 15 foot jumpshot in rhythm. He intercepted a pass at the top of the key and took it to the house but got mugged. Missed the FT's but got fouled a couple minutes later and made them both that time. A couple of nice defensive stands and a couple of offensive rebounds as well.

Preseason and all that, but the announcers were high on him too. I suspect he will for sure spend some part of the season in the D League for development, but hopefully he can make the 12 man Regular Season Roster that dresses for games. (They can carry 15 Players on the Roster I believe, but only 12 can be active).

He did indeed sign a 2 yr guaranteed contract, but the GM said they would not hesitate to cut any of the players in that group that has the 2yr deal like Plumlee, if it was the right thing to do. So Marshall has work to do to survive but I thought he looked promising out there tonight. Something we definitely need to actively track this NBA Season.

Go MP3 and Go Duke!

CDu
10-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Guys and Gals, I just caught most of the 2nd Half of the Pre-Season Knicks vs Celtics game, and I gotta tell ya, our boy was looking like a legit NBA Player that belongs. (My humble opinion of course) He wasn't going against the Celtics scrubs the entire time either. He screened well, ran the floor well, and even knocked down a 15 foot jumpshot in rhythm. He intercepted a pass at the top of the key and took it to the house but got mugged. Missed the FT's but got fouled a couple minutes later and made them both that time. A couple of nice defensive stands and a couple of offensive rebounds as well.

Preseason and all that, but the announcers were high on him too. I suspect he will for sure spend some part of the season in the D League for development, but hopefully he can make the 12 man Regular Season Roster that dresses for games. (They can carry 15 Players on the Roster I believe, but only 12 can be active).

He did indeed sign a 2 yr guaranteed contract, but the GM said they would not hesitate to cut any of the players in that group that has the 2yr deal like Plumlee, if it was the right thing to do. So Marshall has work to do to survive but I thought he looked promising out there tonight. Something we definitely need to actively track this NBA Season.

Go MP3 and Go Duke!

Technically I think he signed a two-yeat contract, but only the first year of it is guaranteed.

But still, great for him. Hopefully he can stick as a backup big. It is a crowded frontcourt there, so we'll see. But hoping for him.

dukelifer
10-19-2016, 11:18 PM

Go MP3 and Go Duke!
Plumlees are built for the pro game.

sagegrouse
10-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Plumlees are built for the pro game.

Moreover, all three won NCAA championships!!

Avvocato
10-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Marshall has made the Knicks 15-man roster to start the season. Congratulations to him.

NM Duke Fan
10-22-2016, 10:37 AM
Marshall has made the Knicks 15-man roster to start the season. Congratulations to him.

So glad to hear this! He has continued to evolve in his skills and leadership over the years, and Marshall brings some aspects of character that are extremely valuable to any type of team, basketball or otherwise ...

duke74
10-22-2016, 10:56 AM
So glad to hear this! He has continued to evolve in his skills and leadership over the years, and Marshall brings some aspects of character that are extremely valuable to any type of team, basketball or otherwise ...

Been watching him this pre-season. Has played within his skillset and looks engaged on and off the court. Was concerned when he was a DNP -coaches decision in the Nets final pre-season game - but thrilled we have another Plumlee in the NYC area (should have had two, but the Nets aren't known for their talent acumen). (The 5 waived also were DNP - coach's decision)

With Noah (listed F/C), O'Quinn (also F/C) and Hernangomez (import this year), the 5 is full - hence why I am doubly impressed. And Porzingis can play the 5.

In other good news, JP Tokoto was waived.

BD80
10-22-2016, 01:21 PM
... In other good news, JP Tokoto was waived.

He can always come back to chappa heeya and continue to work on a degree ... chuckle, snort, guffaw.

Q: "How does a tar heel basketball player know when he is in the right classroom?"

A: "Nobody's there."

devildeac
10-22-2016, 01:51 PM
He can always come back to chappa heeya and continue to work on a degree ... chuckle, snort, guffaw.

Q: "How does a tar heel basketball player know when he is in the right classroom?"

A: "Nobody's there."

But, if no one is there, is it really a classroom? ;)

Indoor66
10-22-2016, 01:57 PM
But, if no one is there, is it really a classroom? ;)

If it is in the DUMP, can you call it a classroom? 😈😎