PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh gets punked ... and doesn't like it

Olympic Fan
09-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Funny story. You need to understand:

(1) Most college coaches have a gentleman's agreement to release depth charts before games

(2) Jim Harbaugh does not subscribe to those agreements. His depth charts are classified.

(3) In response to his practice, leading up to this weekend's Michigan-Colorado game, the Buffalo's released a spoof depth chart:

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2016/09/jim_harbaugh_not_amused_by_fake_colorado_depth_cha rt_after_refusing_to_issue_one.html

Jake and Elwood Blues at wide receiver? Olive Oyl (it's misspelled on the depth chart), backed up by Manute Bol at "thin" receiver? Vito Corleone, backed up by Luca Brazi, at nose guard?

Elmer Fudd at quarterback? The Hanson brothers alternating at tailback (will they be putting on the foil?)? Bill Walton as "Roamer Dude" (backed up by The Dude Lebowski)? Butch Cassidy? Travis Bickle? Happy Gilmore? Bernie Sanders (backed up by Vladimir Lenin)? Austin Powers? Archie Leach?

And my personal favorite -- Eric Cartman at right tackle ... you WILL respect his author -it-tie!

Harbaugh was not amused:

"In our preparation for Colorado we've had a hard time working humor into the preparations," Harbaugh said.

"I saw the depth chart," he said. "I was trying to imagine how many people sat around and how many hours they worked on that."

Get a sense of humor, coach.

Note: sorry for the bad link ... this should be the right one

bedeviled
09-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Jim Harbaugh drew a gun?!? That escalated quickly.
(check your link)

jafarr1
09-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Harbaugh is obviously a really good coach, but he's also a classic example of a guy who likes to dish it out but just can't take it.

BD80
09-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Funny story. You need to understand:

(1) Most college coaches have a gentleman's agreement to release depth charts before games

(2) Jim Harbaugh does not subscribe to those agreements. His depth charts are classified.

(3) In response to his practice, leading up to this weekend's Michigan-Colorado game, the Buffalo's released a spoof depth chart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_S5s16Y1OA

Jake and Elwood Blues at wide receiver? Olive Oyl (it's misspelled on the depth chart), backed up by Manute Bol at "thin" receiver? Vito Corleone, backed up by Luca Brazi, at nose guard?

Elmer Fudd at quarterback? The Hanson brothers alternating at tailback (will they be putting on the foil?)? Bill Walton as "Roamer Dude" (backed up by The Dude Lebowski)? Butch Cassidy? Travis Bickle? Happy Gilmore? Bernie Sanders (backed up by Vladimir Lenin)? Austin Powers? Archie Leach?

And my personal favorite -- Eric Cartman at right tackle ... you WILL respect his author -it-tie!

Harbaugh was not amused:

"In our preparation for Colorado we've had a hard time working humor into the preparations," Harbaugh said.

"I saw the depth chart," he said. "I was trying to imagine how many people sat around and how many hours they worked on that."

Get a sense of humor, coach.

Is the link supposed to be a Public Policy Board level political ad about the 2nd Amendment?

Harbaugh is going to flame out so spectacularly at some point. Nobody in the profession likes him, few respect him.

oldnavy
09-16-2016, 07:09 PM
Is the link supposed to be a Public Policy Board level political ad about the 2nd Amendment?

Harbaugh is going to flame out so spectacularly at some point. Nobody in the profession likes him, few respect him.

I happen to like his brother... Not sure what happened to Jim, but I agree he is hard to like and can wear out a welcome fast.

I do think he will be very successful at UM and that he will be there a long time however.

weezie
09-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Hope sparty can keep biting him on his khaki covered behind.

BD80
09-16-2016, 07:38 PM
I happen to like his brother... Not sure what happened to Jim, but I agree he is hard to like and can wear out a welcome fast.

I do think he will be very successful at UM and that he will be there a long time however.

Not even people in Michigan think Jim's a long-timer, he is often compared to Larry Brown (who led the Pistons to a title) in the local press. He is crazy popular with UM alum, they sense a Bo Schembechler like air of superiority that plays well with the "Champions of the West."

mph
09-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Harbaugh has always seemed like one of the least funny people in coaching, even before this episode.

Which got me thinking, who has the best sense of humor among professional or college coaches? Popovich makes my list for current coaches. Rick Majerus for former coaches. Pete Gillen and Jimmy V make my list for the ACC.

OldPhiKap
09-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Harbaugh has always seemed like one of the least funny people in coaching, even before this episode.

Which got me thinking, who has the best sense of humor among professional or college coaches? Popovich makes my list for current coaches. Rick Majerus for former coaches. Pete Gillen and Jimmy V make my list for the ACC.

Add Lefty to the list.

Tripping William
09-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Paging Corey, Michael. Is there a Michael Corey in the (big) house? :o

quahog174
09-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Add Lefty to the list.

Spurrier
Rex Ryan
Frank Layden
Tommy Lasorda

JNort
09-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Don't get the hate. If I had to pick a coach he would be my guy. Love his personality and imo 1 of the 3 best coaches in college football (Saban, Jim and Meyer). Then again I like the guys most people can't stand (Brady, Cam, TO, Russ Westbrook, Lebron, CP3, etc...)

mph
09-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Can't believe I forgot Lefty and the Ole' Ball Coach. Great additions.

I have no idea if David Bennett is a generally funny guy, but this press conference was a comedy gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

subzero02
09-17-2016, 12:14 AM
Spurrier
Rex Ryan
Frank Layden
Tommy Lasorda

Spurrier was funny... free shoes university(fsu)... you can't spell citrus bowl without UT(vols). He also remembered his Duke roots. When he voted in the coches poll he'd always vote Duke in at #25 ( there were some truly abysmal Duke teams that appeared in the others receiving votes section ).

If I were Colorado I wouldn't provoke Harbaugh... it's not smart to provoke a crazy man. There will be an epic beat down tomorrow.

OldPhiKap
09-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Spurrier was funny... free shoes university(fsu)... you can't spell citrus bowl without UT(vols). He also remembered his Duke roots. When he voted in the coches poll he'd always vote Duke in at #25 ( there were some truly abysmal Duke teams that appeared in the others receiving votes section ).

If I were Colorado I wouldn't provoke Harbaugh... it's not smart to provoke a crazy man. There will be an epic beat down tomorrow.

He recalled the time that there was a fire at the Auburn library, which was a tragedy because some of the books hadn't been colored in yet.

brevity
09-17-2016, 12:59 PM
He recalled the time that there was a fire at the Auburn library, which was a tragedy because some of the books hadn't been colored in yet.

"What are books?"
- Sarah Michalak, University Librarian and Associate Provost for University Libraries, UNC-CH

FerryFor50
09-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Spurrier
Rex Ryan
Frank Layden
Tommy Lasorda

Bobby Valentine

http://www.sportsspectrum.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Bobby-Vs-disguise.jpg