PDA

View Full Version : Video for Quinn Cook Fans

MCFinARL
09-06-2016, 08:45 AM
If this has been posted already, apologies. It's a 15-minute documentary video filmed at Quinn Cook's Bowie, MD basketball camp this summer. What comes through is Quinn's strong ties to his friends and community, and the way those who have come to help out at his camp, including long-time friend Victor Oladipo as well as some non-NBA players Quinn learned from growing up, feel about Quinn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bM0AfWcDo

It's also great to see the way he works with the kids--very hands on and very supportive.

And there is a Jahlil Okafor cameo.

At one point he is talking to the kids about how devastating it was not to be drafted and then, especially, to be cut from the Cavaliers on the last day, and how it took him a while to get back on track and play his best in the D-League. No surprise, the perks of being a Duke basketball player (charter flights, etc.) were a bit nicer than those in the D-League. :D

mattman91
09-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Check out this cool documentary of Quinn Cook (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bM0AfWcDo). He talks about his new basketball camp and his time in the D League.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

MCFinARL
09-15-2016, 06:39 PM
I did post it last week--http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?38383-Video-for-Quinn-Cook-Fans&highlight=quinn+cook

But that thread dropped off the front page and as far as I am concerned there can never be too much love for Quinn Cook.

It is a cool video.

Newton_14
09-15-2016, 09:39 PM
So what is the latest with his NBA hopes? Is anyone going to give him a shot this season? Much like Seth Curry, small size aside, the guy can ball and most importantly, the guy can shoot the rock. You will never convince me Quinn is not better than most of the bottom 25% of the guys in the League right now.

Like Seth, he just needs to find the right fit. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later...

awhom111
09-15-2016, 09:56 PM
So what is the latest with his NBA hopes? Is anyone going to give him a shot this season? Much like Seth Curry, small size aside, the guy can ball and most importantly, the guy can shoot the rock. You will never convince me Quinn is not better than most of the bottom 25% of the guys in the League right now.

Like Seth, he just needs to find the right fit. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later...

Unfortunately, a lot of the prime spots are filling up. Hopefully we get news soon. His D League performances down the stretch should have earned him at least an invite, even though he will probably have an uphill climb at any training camp right now with a lot more players than realistically open roster slots.

DukieInBrasil
09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
according to reports here at DBR, he didn't really help himself during Summer league, apparently having a relatively poor showing. I don't know how much that weighs with GMs.
In my eye, he's hella better than Della for CLE, although others really value Dellavedova's "toughness", which translates to me as being too slow to keep up so he has to foul to prevent getting embarrassed. Della is a mediocre shooter overall, but very streaky. I'm not aware of him being a particularly competent scorer in the paint etc. He is has good ball control and is a competent passer (?). Quinn is not lightning quick, but ought to be an improvement over Della there. QC is a better, more consistent 3FG shooter and is a crafty scorer inside the 3 pt line although he doesn't play above the rim ever. He has good ball control & is a competent passer, at worst. Della does have the advantage of being taller than Quinn though.
I won't understand if Quinn doesn't make it with a team.

awhom111
09-16-2016, 09:27 PM
according to reports here at DBR, he didn't really help himself during Summer league, apparently having a relatively poor showing. I don't know how much that weighs with GMs.
In my eye, he's hella better than Della for CLE, although others really value Dellavedova's "toughness", which translates to me as being too slow to keep up so he has to foul to prevent getting embarrassed. Della is a mediocre shooter overall, but very streaky. I'm not aware of him being a particularly competent scorer in the paint etc. He is has good ball control and is a competent passer (?). Quinn is not lightning quick, but ought to be an improvement over Della there. QC is a better, more consistent 3FG shooter and is a crafty scorer inside the 3 pt line although he doesn't play above the rim ever. He has good ball control & is a competent passer, at worst. Della does have the advantage of being taller than Quinn though.
I won't understand if Quinn doesn't make it with a team.

His summer league was not that great, which hurt his chances to be a player in demand who would have been able to command some guaranteed money. Given where we are in training camp signings right now, he is clearly one of the best available players, especially since he has pretty clearly stated that he intends to stay here and not go overseas this season. I wonder if there is some behind the scenes deal-making that might make it all clear soon. If a team other than the Cavaliers wanted to sign him, their D League team might also intend on making a simultaneous trade for his D League rights, which has happened with a few recent signings.