PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bilas on the Front Page

Rich
09-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Anyone who challenges Jay's commitment to Duke, Coach K, or Duke basketball is just plain wrong. I'm not engaging in name calling, but you're wrong. If you listen to the snippets in the video linked on the front page, his love and devotion to all of the above is obvious and not open for debate.

That being said, and it doesn't change how I think Jay feels about Duke/K, does anyone know if he gets paid for his appearances? He seems to do it every year and I'm curious whether it's out of the goodness of his heart or if there is a monetary exchange. I'm also curious whether anyone feels there's a conflict of interest given his status as an "unbiased" reporter/announcer/commentator.

sagegrouse
09-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Anyone who challenges Jay's commitment to Duke, Coach K, or Duke basketball is just plain wrong. I'm not engaging in name calling, but you're wrong. If you listen to the snippets in the video linked on the front page, his love and devotion to all of the above is obvious and not open for debate.

That being said, and it doesn't change how I think Jay feels about Duke/K, does anyone know if he gets paid for his appearances? He seems to do it every year and I'm curious whether it's out of the goodness of his heart or if there is a monetary exchange. I'm also curious whether anyone feels there's a conflict of interest given his status as an "unbiased" reporter/announcer/commentator.

Also, isn't Jay's daughter still at Duke? Classes began on Monday. Sounds like a case of a parent delivering a child to school and hanging around for a couple of days.

Kindly,
Sage
'Ah, I remember the experience. When I took my daughter to Duke as a freshman, the amount of stuff that I took back home 'cuz it WOULDN'T fit in her dorm at G-A was greater than the total amount of stuff I took to Duke as a freshman'

weezie
09-01-2016, 10:19 AM
"None of us has cornered the market on loving this place."

Right on Jay!