PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Thomas Sirk

PDDuke85
08-27-2016, 07:10 PM
I'll worry about the next starting quarterback tomorrow. I'll read detailed analysis about what Thomas did right or wrong another day. But for today, I just want to say thank you to Thomas Sirk. This kid busted his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. for his team, on and off the field. He endured twice, the physical and emotional grind of Achilles surgery rehabilitation. Did he I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan? Not that I heard. He sacrificed his body every single play in order for his tea to be successful. A consummate student athlete that we should all be proud of.

Thomas, my heart aches for you tonight. I truly appreciate what you have done for this program and wish you nothing but success in your future.

ricks68
08-27-2016, 07:56 PM
I'll worry about the next starting quarterback tomorrow. I'll read detailed analysis about what Thomas did right or wrong another day. But for today, I just want to say thank you to Thomas Sirk. This kid busted his I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. for his team, on and off the field. He endured twice, the physical and emotional grind of Achilles surgery rehabilitation. Did he I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. and moan? Not that I heard. He sacrificed his body every single play in order for his tea to be successful. A consummate student athlete that we should all be proud of.

Thomas, my heart aches for you tonight. I truly appreciate what you have done for this program and wish you nothing but success in your future.

Well said, and cheers to Thomas from this appreciative Dukie, also.:)

ricks

IsInTheDetails
08-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Love the post, love the sentiment.

Thank you, Thomas, for being such a huge part of DukeGang.

peloton
08-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Here, here! Thanks for posting this, PDDuke85. How true...the young man is one tough hombre and obviously has given his all to Duke football. Although everyone contributes to the success of the Duke team, I have no doubt whatsoever that we wouldn't have won last year's bowl game without one Thomas Sirk. I sincerely appreciate his contributions in helping take Duke football to the next level. I'm sure he'll continue to contribute as much as possible giving sage advice to the other quarterbacks and serving in a strong leaderership role for the team. Many thanks, Mr. Sirk!

OldPhiKap
08-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Thomas is a warrior and a great leader. I assume he will still play an important role this year, although it will be in the film room and sideline. Everyone has a role; sometimes circumstances change roles at any given time.

Prayers for a quick and full recovery, and many many thanks.

Olympic Fan
08-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Thomas is a warrior and a great leader. I assume he will still play an important role this year, although it will be in the film room and sideline. Everyone has a role; sometimes circumstances change roles at any given time.

Prayers for a quick and full recovery, and many many thanks.

Well, he was just named one of the team's captains for 2016 (along with Jela Duncan, Devon Edwards and AJ Wolf). So I think you are right that Sirk will still play an important role this year.

I share the sentiments of the posters on this thread ... Thomas, thanks for everything.

And maybe I'm a wanker too for mentioning this, but are we sure that Sirk's career at Duke is over? I know that he would have to be granted a sixth year, but he will now have missed two full seasons with injuries (2013 and 2016), so even though he took a voluntary redshirt year (2012), it's possible that he could be granted a sixth year -- Kelby Brown got a sixth year (three years missed with injury); Kenny Anunike got a sixth year (one redshirt year and two years missed by injury).

I haven't seen anything yet regarding his decision to apply for a sixth year. The official release announcing the injury merely said that Sirk would miss the 2016 season. No mention that his career is over. I don't want to raise false hope -- it would take a lot of work and a lot of courage for Sirk to return in 2017 ... but few Duke football players in my lifetime have shown as much capacity for hard work or as much courage.

chrishoke
08-28-2016, 04:09 AM
Thank you Mr. Sirk for what you have given to and done for Duke football. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We look forward to your leadership contributions to the 2016 Duke football season. Go Duke!

DukieInKansas
08-28-2016, 07:41 AM
What they said!

Thank you and may you heal completely and quickly.

richardjackson199
08-28-2016, 07:58 AM
Thanks Thomas. I loved watching you give your absolute all, rush for long touchdowns, and lead Duke to our first bowl win since 1961. That game was one for the ages and the history books.

Give your all like you always do with this recovery and heal well soon. You will always be remembered and appreciated for helping bring Duke football back to greatness.

I hope you can play again. But with your passion, resilience, and drive, you future is very bright regardless.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-28-2016, 08:02 AM
What they said!

Thank you and may you heal completely and quickly.
QFE

Thank you Thomas.

CDu
08-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Would love to see a sixth year for Sirk. I would hate for his Duke career to end not on his terms. He has been such a tough kid, it would really suck for this to be the end of the road.

Best wishes on a full recovery, and hopefully a return to Duke football!

Mike Corey
08-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Just not fair for things to go this way for Sirk.

I'm grateful he's represented our school so well for so long, brought home Duke's first bowl victory in so long, and that he'll long be an ambassador for Duke and Duke football. Here's hoping to a quick recovery, with the gratitude of all of us for his sacrifices to continue advancing the program to the next level.

Isaac Sours
08-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Well, he was just named one of the team's captains for 2016 (along with Jela Duncan, Devon Edwards and AJ Wolf). So I think you are right that Sirk will still play an important role this year.

I share the sentiments of the posters on this thread ... Thomas, thanks for everything.

And maybe I'm a wanker too for mentioning this, but are we sure that Sirk's career at Duke is over? I know that he would have to be granted a sixth year, but he will now have missed two full seasons with injuries (2013 and 2016), so even though he took a voluntary redshirt year (2012), it's possible that he could be granted a sixth year -- Kelby Brown got a sixth year (three years missed with injury); Kenny Anunike got a sixth year (one redshirt year and two years missed by injury).

I haven't seen anything yet regarding his decision to apply for a sixth year. The official release announcing the injury merely said that Sirk would miss the 2016 season. No mention that his career is over. I don't want to raise false hope -- it would take a lot of work and a lot of courage for Sirk to return in 2017 ... but few Duke football players in my lifetime have shown as much capacity for hard work or as much courage.

It certainly seems like he could qualify for that sixth year, and I wouldn't be shocked if he does. He may also go for a graduate transfer, if Daniel Jones or Boehme end up really solidifying themselves in the position. He may not get involved in a QB competition. Or, he may want his job back at Duke. Who knows. But those seem like the two possibilities. I doubt he'll give up on football, he's a tough young man.