PDA

View Full Version : Jabari's Players' Tribune Column

NashvilleDevil
08-16-2016, 11:49 AM
If you have not read his column (http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jabari-parker-chicago-gun-violence/), I suggest you do. Jabari is an awesome human being.

rsvman
08-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Nice column. Nice guy. Really inspiring to hear about people who want to give back. Also interesting to hear how hard it was for him to make the decision to leave after his freshman season.

Thanks for the link.

Jarhead
08-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Jabari's column is... so sad, and so strong. It overwhelmed me. I am so proud of him. God bless him.

sagegrouse
08-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Amazing column, and he loved going to class at Duke.

Duke79UNLV77
08-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Way to make us proud, Jabari!

SmartDevil
08-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Kudos to Jabari for his great column! And for being such an insightful and caring person.

I know his contributions to society are going to have a significant impact. In addition to playing key roles in programs which motivate and educate, I hope down the road that Jabari considers a career in public service--leadership and public office.

So keep up the good work(s), get your Duke degree (and perhaps a Masters in a field which compliments your vision), and continue to be both an activist for societal improvement and a role model for children of all races and faiths!

Ima Facultiwyfe
08-17-2016, 08:16 AM
I remember reading quotes from him while he was still in high school being recruited saying he'd be back to make a difference. True to his word, this guy.
Bless his heart, literally.
Love, Ima

Lauderdevil
08-19-2016, 09:57 AM
What a powerful essay by a wonderfully thoughtful, intelligent young man. He'd be a rising senior at Duke if he had stayed, and based on this essay, he'd have been an academic star and campus leader regardless of whether he played basketball.

Which, in a sense, is the point of the essay: how many other kids in his neighborhood who didn't happen to excel in basketball could also be thriving at a great university and beyond, but never get the chance because there's no route out of their neighborhood?

Doria
08-19-2016, 11:33 AM
My mom sent me a link to this article, and I was really amazed by the depth and thoughtfulness. I didn't have much feeling toward Parker one way or the other, and I only spottily followed Duke during his season due to some personal circumstances, but you can be sure that I'll be keeping an eye on what he dies in the future.