PDA

View Full Version : Duke Blue Planet's "Exposure"

Billy Dat
08-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Someone may have posted about this already, but Duke Blue Planet has taken a page out of Derek Jeter's "The Players Journal" and launched "Exposure", a site for first-person essays by the people in and around the program.

The most recent one, by Matt Jones, is extremely well done. This dude is DEEP!
https://dukeblueplanet.exposure.co/uncommon-winning

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-12-2016, 10:53 AM
From the article...

I really liked what the coaches and staff did for us to keep things fresh. We had an ice cream truck come through, we went out to eat every week and got to choose the restaurants

Uh oh...

mattman91
08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
From the article...

Uh oh...

At least they take real classes.

Billy Dat
08-12-2016, 12:33 PM
From the article...
Uh oh...

I think there have been a ton of recent changes to the NCAA rules whereby schools can feed these guys pretty much however they choose, within reason. K talked a ton about how much of this kind of stuff has changed over the past 10 years when he was on JJ's podcast.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-12-2016, 01:43 PM
I think there have been a ton of recent changes to the NCAA rules whereby schools can feed these guys pretty much however they choose, within reason. K talked a ton about how much of this kind of stuff has changed over the past 10 years when he was on JJ's podcast.

Oh I wasn't referring to anything of that nature, but rather a throwback to Ol Roy explaining how he had disciplined someone... (gun possession?) by not letting him choose where the team ate post-game.

MChambers
08-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Oh I wasn't referring to anything of that nature, but rather a throwback to Ol Roy explaining how he had disciplined someone... (gun possession?) by not letting him choose where the team ate post-game.

PJ Hairston, I believe.

Billy Dat
08-12-2016, 02:32 PM

Oh jeez, that makes sense now...Daggum Huck, that'll learn 'em!