PDA

View Full Version : Vote Cameron

mailman2927
08-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Cameron Indoor is currently trailing Allen Field House in ESPN's poll for toughest venue in college hoops. Let's vote and give Cameron the title it deserves.

Lauderdevil
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Cameron Indoor is currently trailing Allen Field House in ESPN's poll for toughest venue in college hoops. Let's vote and give Cameron the title it deserves.

Link is here (http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/115786/vote-for-college-basketballs-most-difficult-venue).

devildeac
08-08-2016, 05:36 PM
I just voted. Hopefully several times, but who knows. Will vote again when I get home.

The math is also quite strange, must be a unc-cheat run site:

Duke: 6879 votes and 38%

KU: 4425 votes and 50%

WTH? :confused:

flyingdutchdevil
08-08-2016, 05:44 PM
I just voted. Hopefully several times, but who knows. Will vote again when I get home.

The math is also quite strange, must be a unc-cheat run site:

Duke: 6879 votes and 38%

KU: 4425 votes and 50%

WTH? :confused:

They did this analysis per conference and now the winner of each conference goes against each other. So, Cameron had 38% of the ACC share and KU had 50% of the Big12 share. ESPN just did a bad job communicating.

Right now, in the national poll, Cameron has 20% vs 21% for AFH, which sounds about right.

devildeac
08-08-2016, 05:54 PM
They did this analysis per conference and now the winner of each conference goes against each other. So, Cameron had 38% of the ACC share and KU had 50% of the Big12 share. ESPN just did a bad job communicating.Right now, in the national poll, Cameron has 20% vs 21% for AFH, which sounds about right.

Ha! Maybe they need to bring out dickie v to 'splain things to us. That'd clarify things. :rolleyes:

flyingdutchdevil
08-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Ha! Maybe they need to bring out dickie v to 'splain things to us. That'd clarify things. :rolleyes:

If Cameron is already involved in the poll, then how is Dickie going to bring up Duke in a situation where Duke probably shouldn't be discussed?

I'm thinking he talks about Cameron vs AFH, then talks about the best ribs he had in Kansas, then about this pet cow he had growing up, then about what playing basketball with a cow on the drive way is like, then how kids these days have the best drive way hoops, then about how Grayson Allen used to spend 4 hours each day shooting hoops in the drive way. Actually, that's probably all too linear; not enough non-sequitur.

I'm thinking Cameron vs AFH --> what Dickie ate for lunch --> the likelihood of a first lady in the White House --> his lovely bowl movement that morning --> driving his grand kids in his new Prius --> Coach K at the Olympics. Boom!

devildeac
08-08-2016, 07:14 PM
If Cameron is already involved in the poll, then how is Dickie going to bring up Duke in a situation where Duke probably shouldn't be discussed?

I'm thinking he talks about Cameron vs AFH, then talks about the best ribs he had in Kansas, then about this pet cow he had growing up, then about what playing basketball with a cow on the drive way is like, then how kids these days have the best drive way hoops, then about how Grayson Allen used to spend 4 hours each day shooting hoops in the drive way. Actually, that's probably all too linear; not enough non-sequitur.

I'm thinking Cameron vs AFH --> what Dickie ate for lunch --> the likelihood of a first lady in the White House --> his lovely bowl movement that morning --> driving his grand kids in his new Prius --> Coach K at the Olympics. Boom!

Wonder if his sister was ever bit by a moose...

JasonEvans
08-09-2016, 08:42 AM
his lovely bowl movement that morning

Are you talking about a super bowl movement?

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/836875921.gif?w=500&h=281

superdave
08-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Currently in third place

kAzE
08-09-2016, 12:11 PM
This isn't an accurate poll . . . it's a popularity contest. KU and UK obviously have larger fan bases . . .

Ask college coaches and players, not the fans.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
08-09-2016, 12:18 PM
This isn't an accurate poll . . . it's a popularity contest. KU and UK obviously have larger fan bases . . .

Of course it is a popularity contest. It is an ESPN poll.

Ichabod Drain
08-09-2016, 02:03 PM

Duke basketball has more twitter followers than Kansas and Kentucky basketball... not saying that's a completely accurate representation of fan base size but it's something.

flyingdutchdevil
08-09-2016, 03:21 PM

I haven't been to AFH, but the media loves AFH. I assume that it's a pretty sweet venue, but I'm biased towards Cameron.

I can't believe Rupp Arena, though. That supposedly sucks...