PDA

View Full Version : JJ Podcast - Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Billy Dat
08-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Mike Dunleavy Jr. (he never did pick up a decent, shorter, moniker, did he? I remember SLAM trying to brand him "Lil Dun") was on JJ's podcast. It's a couple of weeks old but I didn't see another link for it in the forum and it is definitely worth a listen:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertical-pod-with-jj-redick--mike-dunleavy-jr-150645341.html

Highlights for me include:
-JJ playfully blaming Mike for not being around to mentor him which led to his first two years of college partying
-Their food discussion

One thing I have to say about JJ, he is definitely unabashed about discussing his avocations - watch collecting, foodie-ism, wine, his hair etc. Now, I am sure plenty of guys in the NBA are into food, wine and watches - we are talking about rich dudes - but I don't think as many are as forthcoming. I find it hilarious, and I am not sure why, but I like that he does it because it steers the convos away from lame cliches.

Overall, Mike comes across like a sage old pro, and he says he's not nearly ready to hang them up. He is excited to join the defending champs and is unabashed about end-of-the-line ring chasing.

BandAlum83
08-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Mike Dunleavy Jr. (he never did pick up a decent, shorter, moniker, did he? I remember SLAM trying to brand him "Lil Dun") was on JJ's podcast. It's a couple of weeks old but I didn't see another link for it in the forum and it is definitely worth a listen:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertical-pod-with-jj-redick--mike-dunleavy-jr-150645341.html

Highlights for me include:
-JJ playfully blaming Mike for not being around to mentor him which led to his first two years of college partying
-Their food discussion

One thing I have to say about JJ, he is definitely unabashed about discussing his avocations - watch collecting, foodie-ism, wine, his hair etc. Now, I am sure plenty of guys in the NBA are into food, wine and watches - we are talking about rich dudes - but I don't think as many are as forthcoming. I find it hilarious, and I am not sure why, but I like that he does it because it steers the convos away from lame cliches.

Overall, Mike comes across like a sage old pro, and he says he's not nearly ready to hang them up. He is excited to join the defending champs and is unabashed about end-of-the-line ring chasing.

Hip/hop and Rap music also

Billy Dat
08-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Hip/hop and Rap music also

True, although he also copped to liking Justin Bieber.

JJ is a funny guy, but part of the humor is unintentional because he is a little cheesy, but he also kind of knows it. He's obviously also sharp. He's done really well with this media gig so far.

JetpackJesus
08-03-2016, 03:07 PM

I saw a JJ interview about his watch collection some time ago. He said that he is known around the league as a watch guy now, and many players seek him out for advice.

Edouble
08-03-2016, 05:24 PM
I saw a JJ interview about his watch collection some time ago. He said that he is known around the league as a watch guy now, and many players seek him out for advice.

For goodness seiko!!! Of quartz he should watch that these players don't band together to wind up taking away too much of his valuable wrist time during the offseason!

ElSid
08-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Yeah watch collecting is wristy business!