PDA

View Full Version : Duke Women's Golf

SoCalDukeFan
08-01-2016, 12:34 PM
This has been quite a summer for current and past Duke women golfers, and it continues.

Brittany Lang won the US Women's Open.
Duke soph Virginia Elena Carta made the cut in an LPGA event after earning the invite by winning the NCAA individual championship.

Duke junior Leona Maguire just finished low am in the British women's open. The top 6 ranked amateurs were in the field. Leona's sister Lisa, also a Duke junior and member of the golf team, was her caddy.

Maguire and Duke grad Laetitia Beck will play in the Olympics, representing Ireland and Israel. Lisa will again caddy for Leona.

Carta and Duke grad Celine Boutier tie it up in the US Women's Amateur starting today.

Hope I did not miss anything.

SoCal

grossbus
08-01-2016, 03:09 PM
thanks for the summary.

great stuff!

duke79
08-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Yes, thanks for the summary. Great summer for Duke Women's golf. A testament to the recruiting and coaching ability of Coach Brooks and to the young women he has brought to Duke!

rsvman
08-01-2016, 03:34 PM
I saw that Leona did really well at the Women's British Open. Unfortunately bogied the last hole, but still a great showing.

burnspbesq
08-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Celine is in pretty good shape to advance to match play. After an even-par 71 yesterday, she is even through seven holes today.

Virginia is digging herself a hole. After +3 yesterday, she bogied two of the first three holes today.

Link to live scoring.

http://www.usga.org/championships/2016/u-s--women-s-amateur/scoring.html

Steven43
08-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Yes, thanks for the summary. Great summer for Duke Women's golf. A testament to the recruiting and coaching ability of Coach Brooks and to the young women he has brought to Duke!

Dan Brooks is the best coach in colege golf, perhaps of all time; on the same level, comparatively, as Coach Krzyzewski. Sadly, for fans of Duke Golf, Leona Maguire has suddenly and unexpectedly decided to leave Duke to join the LPGA tour.

Had she returned for her junior year Duke would likely have been the favorite to win Coach Brooks' 7th national championship. Now the team is going to be shorthanded all season. There is not enough time or opportunity to recruit another player.

It's an unfortunate situation that some might consider unfair to Coach Brooks, the team, and Duke University, but that's a matter of opinion and perspective. Regardless, I will be pulling for the team to find a way to figure this out, and I wish Leona Maguire well.

Indoor66
08-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Dan Brooks is the best coach in colege golf, without question. On the same level comparatively as Coach Krzyzewski. Sadly, for fans of Duke Golf, Leona Maguire has suddenly and unexpectedly decided to leave Duke to try and join the LPGA tour.

Had she returned for her junior year Duke would likely have been the favorites to win Coach Brooks' 7th national championship. Now the team is going to be shorthanded all season. There just is not enough time or opportunity to recruit a player to replace Leona.

It's an unfortunate situation that some might consider unfair to Coach Brooks, the team, and Duke University, but that's a matter of opinion and perspective. Regardless, I will be pulling for the team to find a way to figure this out, and I wish Leona Maguire well.

Not sure how much actual coaching goes on but he is one hell of a recruiter.

duke79
08-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Dan Brooks is the best coach in colege golf, without question. On the same level comparatively as Coach Krzyzewski. Sadly, for fans of Duke Golf, Leona Maguire has suddenly and unexpectedly decided to leave Duke to try and join the LPGA tour.

Had she returned for her junior year Duke would likely have been the favorites to win Coach Brooks' 7th national championship. Now the team is going to be shorthanded all season. There just is not enough time or opportunity to recruit a player to replace Leona.

Ugh.......not good news for Duke women's golf (although I could not find any news stories about her leaving Duke for the LPGA tour? is it official?).....but not completely surprising. I'm not sure she had that much more to accomplish in collegiate golf in the US. Best of luck to her on the pro tour!

sagegrouse
08-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Ugh....not good news for Duke women's golf (although I could not find any news stories about her leaving Duke for the LPGA tour? is it official?)....but not completely surprising. I'm not sure she had that much more to accomplish in collegiate golf in the US. Best of luck to her on the pro tour!

Brittany Lang stayed only two years and just won the U.S. Women's Open.

duke79
08-02-2016, 12:15 PM

Yea, it's a little like men's basketball. The top women golfers (and certain other college athletes) have the opportunity to turn professional before their collegiate career is done, make some money and devote their lives 100% to their ultimate goal in life - playing professional golf. I don't really blame them for taking this opportunity but obviously makes the college coach's life more difficult.

Steven43
08-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Ugh...not good news for Duke women's golf (although I could not find any news stories about her leaving Duke for the LPGA tour? is it official?)...but not completely surprising. I'm not sure she had that much more to accomplish in collegiate golf in the US. Best of luck to her on the pro tour!

No, it's not 'official', but this information is extremely legit. Can't reveal details, though. Leona could still change her mind, so please don't help make her case for her with comments like 'I'm not sure she had that much more to accomplish in collegiate golf'. Come on, man. I selfishly want her to stay at Duke!😃

duke79
08-02-2016, 12:33 PM
No, it's not 'official', but this information is extremely legit. Can't reveal details, though. Leona could still change her mind, so please don't help make her case for her with comments like 'I'm not sure she had that much more to accomplish in collegiate golf'. Come on, man. I selfishly want her to stay at Duke!😃

Sorry.....I guess I assumed it was a done deal!

Steven43
08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Sorry....I guess I assumed it was a done deal!

Well, it is basically a done deal. But until she officially announces as such she could still change her mind. Fingers crossed.

burnspbesq
08-02-2016, 04:56 PM
With about 50 competitors still on the course, Virginia and Celine are both well inside the projected cut line to advance to match play. Virginia engineered a five-shot turnaround to finish -3 for the day and E for two rounds. Celine went +2 today to finish +2 for two rounds. The cut line is projected to be at +5.

burnspbesq
08-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Both Virginia (5 and 4) and Celine (1 up) won their first-round matches.

rasputin
08-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Both Virginia (5 and 4) and Celine (1 up) won their first-round matches.

5 and 4 is especially impressive.

killerleft
08-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Maybe if she'd stayed until graduation it wouldn't have taken her what, 10 years to win it?:) Just kiddin', but she didn't exactly set the pro golf world on fire.

Indoor66
08-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Maybe if she'd stayed until graduation it wouldn't have taken her what, 10 years to win it?:) Just kiddin', but she didn't exactly set the pro golf world on fire.

Very,very few do....😈😎

arnie
08-03-2016, 08:12 PM

Well she has finished top 20-30 in money earnings about every year. Brittany hasnt been great, but very consistent and a solid performer for years.

grossbus
08-03-2016, 08:45 PM
can't begrudge Leona for leaving, if she does, but the timing is tough.

Steven43
08-04-2016, 12:45 PM
can't begrudge Leona for leaving, if she does, but the timing is tough.

Yes, the timing is terrible, to say the least. If you suddenly decide to leave your team and your school in late summer you take away any opportunity for your coach to try to compensate for your leaving. And when you are a vital part of a small team that was already close to being shorthanded, such a hasty departure can be devastating.

In this instance, I would tend to blame the player's family more than the player herself. Suffice to say that high-level college golf parents are often quite a handful, and that's putting it mildly.

Indoor66
08-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Yes, the timing is terrible, to say the least. If you suddenly decide to leave your team and your school in late summer you take away any opportunity for your coach to try to compensate for your leaving. And when you are a vital part of a small team that was already close to being shorthanded, such a hasty departure can be devastating.

In this instance, I would tend to blame the player's family more than the player herself. Suffice to say that high-level college golf parents are often quite a handful, and that's putting it mildly.

Threr appears to me to be a very high sense of entitlement mentality on your part. Athletes have a relatively small window of opportunity to succeed in their chosen sport. She reached a point of accomplishment that opened that window for her. She owes it to herself, first, to go through that window and utilize her talent at the highest level she can achieve.

Athletes coming to a school offer their services and the school offers their services. If the equation goes out of balance such that the athlete does not contribute as expected, the school performs the services part but asks the athlete to sit on the sidelines. If the athlete excels, he or she has the option to take those accomplishments to the next level. Both sides go into the arrangement with eyes wide open. I imagine if you asked Dan Brooks he would express his delight at her accomplishments and her decision to go pro.

burnspbesq
08-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Both Virginia and Celine won their second-round matches at the U.S. Women's Amateur this morning, by identical 2-and-1 scores.

Early in the afternoon round-of-16 matches, Virginia is three up, while Celine is three down.

Steven43
08-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Threr appears to me to be a very high sense of entitlement mentality on your part. Athletes have a relatively small window of opportunity to succeed in their chosen sport. She reached a point of accomplishment that opened that window for her. She owes it to herself, first, to go through that window and utilize her talent at the highest level she can achieve.

Athletes coming to a school offer their services and the school offers their services. If the equation goes out of balance such that the athlete does not contribute as expected, the school performs the services part but asks the athlete to sit on the sidelines. If the athlete excels, he or she has the option to take those accomplishments to the next level. Both sides go into the arrangement with eyes wide open. I imagine if you asked Dan Brooks he would express his delight at her accomplishments and her decision to go pro.
A sense of entitlement on MY part? That makes no sense whatsoever.

As to your assertion that a college golf coach should be 'delighted' that a player waits until long after the school year has ended--and it is therefore much too late to recruit someone to replace them on a team that is already shorthanded--to suddenly decide 'Hey, I feel like going pro', well, you are INCREDIBLY naive.

SoCalDukeFan
08-04-2016, 04:59 PM

First of all I have met Leona's Dad. He is both a very nice man and one who wants his kids to graduate from Duke. I doubt very much if Dan Brooks found Leona's parents to be handfuls. I know that some are but as I say doubtful if its the Maguires.

After high school Leona and Lisa took a gap year to prepare for some kind of test in Ireland. Her parents are also educators.

Evidently Leona has had a life long dream to play pro golf. She thinks her game is ready for it. She is old enough to make her decision and I doubt if her parents or her sister or Dan Brooks or anyone else could talk her out of it. Obviously it would have been better for Dan if Leona told him a year ago so he could try to recruit someone but I know that even last Spring she was planning on coming back to Duke next year.

Here is an article that gives some idea as to what is going on.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/golden-wonder-34937494.html

My guess, and its only a guess, is that Leona will be at Duke in the Fall and I assume part of the team. If she does well in Q School then will head to the LPGA. Not sure what happens if she is disappointed at Q School.

This type of thing is part of the landscape now for women's college golf. Alison Lee won her LPGA card and dropped out of UCLA a couple of years ago. U of Washington has also lost golfers after the Fall season. Duke lost a player several years ago in mid year as well. I am sure that there are other examples.

Dan Brooks and Duke have won the NCAA's with a 5 player team in the past. Pretty tough to do however.

SoCal

burnspbesq
08-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Virginia is in the quarterfinals. Celine is out.

SoCalDukeFan
08-04-2016, 06:43 PM

As I posted earlier I don't blame anyone.

I would say that the timing and circumstances are tough for the team. I would guess that there are some players that might leave early and some who seems steadfast that they will be at Duke for four years. Leona as good as she is was probably in the latter category and therefore Coach Brooks was probably comfortable with a 6 player team.

SoCal

duke79
08-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Virginia Elena Carta 1 up, after 5 holes, in her quarter final match at the US Women's Amateur. Go Duke (and VE too).
Only one quarter finalist from the mainland US (and one from Puerto Rico). A truly international field and game.

sagegrouse
08-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Virginia Elena Carta 1 up, after 5 holes, in her quarter final match at the US Women's Amateur. Go Duke (and VE too).
Only one quarter finalist from the mainland US (and one from Puerto Rico). A truly international field and game.

Actually, Carta was one down after five and trailed by two after eight. Virginia then won the next five holes. She is now up two with two to play.

sagegrouse
08-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Actually, Carta was one down after five and trailed by two after eight. Virginia then won the next five holes. She is now up two with two to play.

Virginia Elena Carta wins 3 & 1. (Three ahead with only one hole to play.) A bit of mind games maybe by Virginia, in that she played very deliberately, taking numerous practice swings before each shot. It seem to bother her opponent, who likes to play fast. Hmmm.....

grossbus
08-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Gamesmanship within the rules. Love it.

SoCalDukeFan
08-06-2016, 11:59 AM
With a forecast of thunderstorms the USGA moved the starting time way up. However Fox Sports did not change their schedule. Virginia's match is over but will be shown from 1-4 Eastern time.

I won't post the result.

SoCal

grossbus
08-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Well I don't know results and am watching now. Carta up 1 after 15. Both groups having time issues.

grossbus
08-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Carta puts second shot close on par 5 17th for the win. On to the finals. :) in

ricks68
08-07-2016, 12:36 AM
I really do not understand how both players in match play can be penalized where it would make any difference in the scoring. (And that includes both players getting a warning and then both playing too slowly again.)

In addition, I really think it affected both players in a negative way. They were totally taken out of rhythm by having to run and then rush shots.

What a bunch of garbage.:mad:

ricks

grossbus
08-07-2016, 07:55 AM
I was a little confused by the whole timing thing. It seemed that when they were on the click, they were being timing on how long they took to make a shot (40 sec limit), not the time to complete the hole. The running, especially from green to tee, was deemed unnecessary.

sagegrouse
08-07-2016, 08:19 AM
I was a little confused by the whole timing thing. It seemed that when they were on the click, they were being timing on how long they took to make a shot (40 sec limit), not the time to complete the hole. The running, especially from green to tee, was deemed unnecessary.

It seemed to me that there were two measures: "the running time" on the round -- i.e., how much time to play how many holes. 'Running time might be 2:00 hours for nine holes, 2:13 for ten holes, or some such progression. Then, if a match falls behind, the players are given first a nudge, then a "warning," and then put "on the clock," which seems to be 40 seconds per shot (with lots of qualifications).

The two players were at the "warning" stage and then got caught up on "running time."

Moreover, as if often the case in USGA events, the announcers were left to guess as to what was really happening. Not as big a joke as Dustin Johnson's "delayed penalty" at the US Open, but still ....

The other thing that seems weird is to have an 18-hole match play tournament and then, when the finals the arrive, play 36 holes for the championship. It seems to me that's a different event: like having heats for the 100-meter dash and then having the finals run at 200 meters. But, it's been this way a long time.

Indoor66
08-07-2016, 09:06 AM
It seemed to me that there were two measures: "the running time" on the round -- i.e., how much time to play how many holes. 'Running time might be 2:00 hours for nine holes, 2:13 for ten holes, or some such progression. Then, if a match falls behind, the players are given first a nudge, then a "warning," and then put "on the clock," which seems to be 40 seconds per shot (with lots of qualifications).

The two players were at the "warning" stage and then got caught up on "running time."

Moreover, as if often the case in USGA events, the announcers were left to guess as to what was really happening. Not as big a joke as Dustin Johnson's "delayed penalty" at the US Open, but still ...

The other thing that seems weird is to have an 18-hole match play tournament and then, when the finals the arrive, play 36 holes for the championship. It seems to me that's a different event: like having heats for the 100-meter dash and then having the finals run at 200 meters. But, it's been this way a long time.

36 hole finals were quite traditional and common in all match play tournaments above the club level. 18 hole championships in match play are the exception.

sagegrouse
08-07-2016, 11:27 AM
36 hole finals were quite traditional and common in all match play tournaments above the club level. 18 hole championships in match play are the exception.

Yes, although it seems odd. 36 holes and 18 holes are testing different abilities. Oh well, back to the US Women's Amateur finals:

The match (http://www.usga.org/championships/2016/u-s--women-s-amateur.html) between Virginia and Eun Jeong Seong is all square after the first 18 holes. TV on Fox Sports at 1 PM EDT.

grossbus
08-07-2016, 02:56 PM
VEC down 2 after 30. Putting has been up and down.

grossbus
08-07-2016, 03:01 PM
VEC suffering a little from heat. May be having caddie mark ball on green.

Looking very shaky.

grossbus
08-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Down 1 five to play.

Now sitting next to a tree with ice pack on head. Allowed a 10 min break for "sudden illness."

DU82
08-07-2016, 03:12 PM
VEC suffering a little from heat. May be having caddie mark ball on green.

Looking very shaky.

I noticed a hole or two ago that her hat was wet from sweat, and that after she teed off she went off to the porta-john. AFter winning the hole, the medical staff just had her sit down under a tree, and are applying a cold towel to her forehead (and then Fox went to commercial! :( )

Talk about the difference between 18 and 36 holes

grossbus
08-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Back on the course, but can't reach the green on the next hole (par 3). Loses hole. Down two, four to play.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Great putt on 17! Will Seoung miss hers? Yes! She's still n the match, down 1 with one to play.

grossbus
08-07-2016, 04:16 PM
VEC with long birdie putt from off the green to win the 17th. Down 1, one to play.

Can she get to extra holes? Will she be able to last through extra holes?

grossbus
08-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Seong sinks long birdie on 18 to win. VEC just not up with the heat problems.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Great putt by Seong. Much like the shot in the natty vs carolina after Page's 3 to tie. LGD!

rsvman
08-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Too bad she wasn't well. I think she was hypoglycemic and dehydrated.
Still put up a great fight and the match went all 36 holes. The putt she made to win the 35th hole was crazy good. She's an incredible competitor and we're lucky to have her.

SoCalDukeFan
08-08-2016, 12:22 AM
Too bad she wasn't well. I think she was hypoglycemic and dehydrated.
Still put up a great fight and the match went all 36 holes. The putt she made to win the 35th hole was crazy good. She's an incredible competitor and we're lucky to have her.

I am not a doctor but why make them play 36 holes in one day in the heat in Philly? You really need a nutritionist to tell you what to have for lunch.
I know Virginia. She is an great player, an incredible competitor and a better person that she is a competitive golfer.

SoCal

Indoor66
08-08-2016, 08:13 AM
They play 36 holes for the same reason they play two 20 minute halves.

devildeac
08-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Well, considering the # of time-outs, clock/play reviews, commercials and length of each one, especially during ncaa tourney time, I guess they both add up to about the same amount of minutes :rolleyes: .

sagegrouse
08-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Uhhh, Indoor66, back to my original point. I know it has been done from time immemorial, but the 36-hole same day final is really not right. The tournament prior to the finals is an 18-hole elimination event, with (I believe) one 18-hole match per day. Then suddenly the USGA determines the champion in the finals by playing 36 holes in one day. A 36-hole marathon does not test the same things as an 18-hole event. If you need 36 holes, have them on consecutive days.

Kindly,
Sage

Indoor66
08-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Uhhh, Indoor66, back to my original point. I know it has been done from time immemorial, but the 36-hole same day final is really not right. The tournament prior to the finals is an 18-hole elimination event, with (I believe) one 18-hole match per day. Then suddenly the USGA determines the champion in the finals by playing 36 holes in one day. A 36-hole marathon does not test the same things as an 18-hole event. If you need 36 holes, have them on consecutive days.

Kindly,
Sage

I guess I don't understand the complaint. It is an athletic event. Yes, the 18 hole match per day is the format leading up to the finals - as there are time constraints in getting the play completed in the preliminary rounds. The 36 hole final is the ultimate test of both skill and endurance as part of the determination of the best of the best. I, personally, don't find that unreasonable. It is unfortunate that Virginia had an illness but that is part of the game. Amile hurt his foot. When I was that age, and up into my 50's, I often played 36 holes in a day - some times 45 holes. The problem that I see is that our favorite got sick and it affected the outcome. It is an unfortunate rub of the green - not a problem with the rules or format.

SoCalDukeFan
08-08-2016, 11:10 AM
While we might have another view if they other player got sick, most golf competitions are 18 holes.

Most golf competitions are 18 holes. NCAA basketball is not a season of 20 minute games followed by a tournament of 5 rounds of 20 minute games with a 40 minuted championship game. I am old enough to remember when the US Open was a 36 hole final that was changed after Ken Venturi almost had heat stroke. If they changed that, why did they leave the match play championships at 36 holes?

The 36 hole competitions add new elements to the equation. Stamina, meal choice at the break, etc. etc. Both players had to deal with it and both knew what could be involved.

I think the 2nd and 3rd rounds are played on the same day, so this is not the only potential 36 hole day.

I would get rid of the 36 hole days.

SoCal

Indoor66
08-08-2016, 12:09 PM
While we might have another view if they other player got sick, most golf competitions are 18 holes.

Most golf competitions are 18 holes. NCAA basketball is not a season of 20 minute games followed by a tournament of 5 rounds of 20 minute games with a 40 minuted championship game. I am old enough to remember when the US Open was a 36 hole final that was changed after Ken Venturi almost had heat stroke. If they changed that, why did they leave the match play championships at 36 holes?

The 36 hole competitions add new elements to the equation. Stamina, meal choice at the break, etc. etc. Both players had to deal with it and both knew what could be involved.

I think the 2nd and 3rd rounds are played on the same day, so this is not the only potential 36 hole day.

I would get rid of the 36 hole days.

SoCal

The U. S. Open is a stroke play event.

duke79
08-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Very courageous and gutsy performance by VEC! She is a tough competitor. I've never had heat stroke but she did not look good on the back nine of the 36-hole playoff. It's hard enough to play good golf when you're in control of all your senses and abilities; I cannot imagine trying to play a high-level when you feel that badly. But she took her competitor right to the last hole and was beaten by an incredible putt on the 18th hole. I thought that was in 3-putt territory. Her opponent made some incredible shots in the last five or six holes to win that match. Otherwise, VEC would won and she is certainly a champion in my mind!

Yea, I'm not sure what the point is of a 36-hole final match, when all of the other matches have been 18 holes, other than the long tradition of this format (and the USGA does not like to alter their traditions). Obviously, potential fatigue can play a part in who wins.

duke79
08-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Dan Brooks is the best coach in colege golf, perhaps of all time; on the same level, comparatively, as Coach Krzyzewski. Sadly, for fans of Duke Golf, Leona Maguire has suddenly and unexpectedly decided to leave Duke to join the LPGA tour.

Had she returned for her junior year Duke would likely have been the favorite to win Coach Brooks' 7th national championship. Now the team is going to be shorthanded all season. There is not enough time or opportunity to recruit another player.

I have yet to see any "hard news" that Leona has, in fact, turned professional and will not be returning to Duke in the Fall. The latest news on GoDuke.com (about Leona being the new number one ranked amateur in the world) indicates she WILL be returning to Duke?

SoCalDukeFan
08-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I have yet to see any "hard news" that Leona has, in fact, turned professional and will not be returning to Duke in the Fall. The latest news on GoDuke.com (about Leona being the new number one ranked amateur in the world) indicates she WILL be returning to Duke?

I would assume that she will be at Duke and playing for Duke in the Fall. According to this article (http://euro.globalgolfpost.com/20160808#&pageSet=27&page=0&contentItem=0) Leona will enter the Q School in the Fall as an amateur. There are 3 stages to the Q School and she is exempt from the 1st. If she does well enough in the 2nd and 3rd than she will get a card for either the Symetra or LPGA tours starting in 2017. If she fails to get her LPGA card then she will play for Duke in the Spring and then go pro and play Symetra after the college golf season.

I am not sure of all the rules but her ranking may qualify for some kind of Symetra status no matter how she does at Q School.

SoCal

ricks68
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I would assume that she will be at Duke and playing for Duke in the Fall. According to this article (http://euro.globalgolfpost.com/20160808#&pageSet=27&page=0&contentItem=0) Leona will enter the Q School in the Fall as an amateur. There are 3 stages to the Q School and she is exempt from the 1st. If she does well enough in the 2nd and 3rd than she will get a card for either the Symetra or LPGA tours starting in 2017. If she fails to get her LPGA card then she will play for Duke in the Spring and then go pro and play Symetra after the college golf season.

I am not sure of all the rules but her ranking may qualify for some kind of Symetra status no matter how she does at Q School.

SoCal

Symetra plays in Asheville at our club, but it is being re-done at the moment. Supposed to be finished before the 2017 season, but I will believe it when I see it.:rolleyes: Sure would like to see her play here.

ricks