PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops Today with Jon Rothstein Podcast

BandAlum83
07-28-2016, 05:08 PM
I don't know how many of you out there know who Jon Rothstein is, but he has a college hoops podcast I subscribe to. He's with CBS sports and personally I think he overhypes his insider status, but he does get all the top coaches for interviews. Well all but the GOAT.

Anyway, the current podcast gives the ACC rundown and an interview with Buzz Williams. What's of note is Rothstein's belief that the ACC has the absolute best league in college basketball 1-12 and he thinks they could put 10 or 11 in the tournament. He calls 5-12 interchangeable.

He goes on at length (well over 4 minutes) about the 2016 - 2017 Duke team beginning at about 5:35. He thinks they can have a season to rival Kentucky's 2015 season. He doesn't think they will go undefeated because the ACC is just way too strong. Matt Jones fans will like to hear his take on Matt. Later in the podcast, after his interview with Buzz, he gives his picks for the league, first team, freshmen to watch and player of the year.

Great to get basketball fix in the offseason!!

It's an interesting listen.

http://podplayer.net/#/?id=18187252

Pghdukie
07-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Is this an insider (pay) site ? Not familiar with Rothstein.

BandAlum83
07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Is this an insider (pay) site ? Not familiar with Rothstein.

No need to pay. I found it through the podcast app I loaded onto my Kindle. I have a few podcasts I subscribe to that I found just by searching college basketball in the podcast search engine. This one is through CBS.

I did click the link from my laptop and it connects just fine.

I think many Duke fans won't know him since he is with CBS and the only time Duke is On CBS, it gets an A-Team broadcast crew. They bring Jon in studio during the tournament as an analyst from time to time. I'm not really sure what all his responsibilities are, but he does get interviews.

Billy Dat
07-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Very good recommendation. Rothstein comes in NY's WFAN Sports Radio because it's a CBS property. The Buzz Williams interview is great. I have long admired his coaching and he comes across as passionate, humble and driven! Rothstein is extremely bullish on Harry Giles and has he, Tatum on Grayson on the all conf team.