PDA

View Full Version : National Team in 2K17

NashvilleDevil
07-27-2016, 08:34 AM
NBA 2K is the one video game I get every year and the 2K Twitter page had a picture of Coach K saying the Olympic team is coming to the game. I am not only looking forward to possibly getting my player on the Olympic team but the reactions of all the K haters saying this gives him a recruiting edge. Should be fun to watch.

flyingdutchdevil
07-27-2016, 09:35 AM
NBA 2K is the one video game I get every year and the 2K Twitter page had a picture of Coach K saying the Olympic team is coming to the game. I am not only looking forward to possibly getting my player on the Olympic team but the reactions of all the K haters saying this gives him a recruiting edge. Should be fun to watch.

I recommend they put coach K on the cover.

Sounds about right

mattman91
07-27-2016, 10:16 AM
This sounds great. I loved how 2k13 had the 2012 team and the "Dream Team". Lots of fun.

If anyone is a big 2k player and has an Xbox One, PM me. I would love to kick your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

kAzE
07-27-2016, 11:55 AM
This sounds great. I loved how 2k13 had the 2012 team and the "Dream Team". Lots of fun.

If anyone is a big 2k player and has an Xbox One, PM me. I would love to kick your I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

I'm on XB1 and I've purchased every 2K game since 2K8 . . . I play multiplayer with my friends quite a bit in house, but it's EXTREMELY laggy over XBL and not very much fun. Not sure how hundreds of other games have no issue with XBL, but 2K just can't figure it out.

BLPOG
07-27-2016, 12:11 PM

I wonder if anyone said that when this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_K_College_Basketball) was released?

An image for those not wanting to click the link:

And yes, I do own a copy. Sega Genesis does what Nintendon't! Blast processing!

NashvilleDevil
07-27-2016, 01:02 PM
I wonder if anyone said that when this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_K_College_Basketball) was released?

I still have my copy but no Genesis.

Selover
07-27-2016, 04:54 PM

I did not know this existed... MIND. BLOWN.

BLPOG
07-28-2016, 11:37 AM
I did not know this existed... MIND. BLOWN.

In addition to the '94 teams, the game has the option of several "classic" teams to choose from. IIRC, that includes both '91 and '92 champions. When I tried out the game again after a hiatus of many years, I did a little test on the strength of the '92 team. I opened up by using Laettner to take three consecutive full-court shots.

Splish. Splash. Waterfall.

I'm not entirely convinced the game engine allows him to miss. :D

AIRFORCEDUKIE
07-28-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm on XB1 and I've purchased every 2K game since 2K8 . . . I play multiplayer with my friends quite a bit in house, but it's EXTREMELY laggy over XBL and not very much fun. Not sure how hundreds of other games have no issue with XBL, but 2K just can't figure it out.

Yea I gave up on 2k's servers last year. I plan on jumping back in for 17 as soon as it come out!!!! do you play my court? I love playing my court games when I actually have a few good team mates, and the servers aren't laggy. Should be fun getting international teams this year, from what I understand its more than just the USA team. I assume they will tie it in with the career mode, that would be cool work your way up to an all star and on the USA team. Maybe they will have a FIBA type tournament and an Olympic type thing going on.

kAzE
07-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Yea I gave up on 2k's servers last year. I plan on jumping back in for 17 as soon as it come out!!!! do you play my court? I love playing my court games when I actually have a few good team mates, and the servers aren't laggy. Should be fun getting international teams this year, from what I understand its more than just the USA team. I assume they will tie it in with the career mode, that would be cool work your way up to an all star and on the USA team. Maybe they will have a FIBA type tournament and an Olympic type thing going on.

I haven't played a ton of my court, although I LOVE the career mode. That's usually the first mode I'll play through, and when I get bored of that, I'll start up a franchise in the GM mode (with a fantasy draft, of course, so I can grab a bunch of Dukies).

Then I take it even further . . . 2k16 even allows you to re-brand your franchise with the official Duke logo (along with the team's name/location), create extremely accurate looking Duke uniforms, and a home court that almost looks exactly like the court in CIS, complete with the Coach K Court logo. I'll take a couple of screenshots when I get home so I can post them here . . . it's great.

I love NBA 2K. Literally my only gripe with the game is it's online performance.

mattman91
07-28-2016, 03:12 PM

I play in my court occasionally and consider myself to be a good teammate. I play defense and find open teammates. PM me if you wanna play sometime.

MulletMan
08-01-2016, 03:04 PM
I still have my copy but no Genesis.

We should meet up... I have a Genesis still in working condition with 4 controllers. I have no idea why I have 4 controllers.

mattman91
08-10-2016, 03:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZqMGHPWj7w

Coach K cameo.

Can't wait!

kAzE
08-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Here's a short clip showing my attempt at recreating Cameron Indoor (you can just barely see the Coach K Court logo near mid court in the background) and Duke uniforms in 2k16:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cckAzE/video/20408789

If you're wondering why Kyrie is #25 instead of #1, it's because I re-branded the Milwaukee Bucks, who retired their #1 jersey.

mkirsh
08-10-2016, 04:10 PM
In addition to the '94 teams, the game has the option of several "classic" teams to choose from. IIRC, that includes both '91 and '92 champions. When I tried out the game again after a hiatus of many years, I did a little test on the strength of the '92 team. I opened up by using Laettner to take three consecutive full-court shots.

Splish. Splash. Waterfall.

I'm not entirely convinced the game engine allows him to miss. :D

Wasted many hours in my freshman dorm playing this game, until we realized that if you shot a turnaround 3 and let the ball go just before you hit the ground the game would not allow a miss. Got a bit boring after that. I do remember Ricky Price being unhappy that his likeness was used without him getting paid, a precursor to the Ed O'Bannon case.

ricks68
08-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I used to play Pong on my Apple IIe. I don't have it any more.

ricks

AIRFORCEDUKIE
08-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Update on 2K17: Looks like you can play as 10 college teams this year, including GT, Louisville and Wake. Also no you have the option to play against your friends with those college teams and at some point they will be coming out with all time downloadable rosters for each team. Seems like a cool feature.

Secondly, the new trailer shows at the very end your created player getting a phone call from USA Basketball Coach Mike Krzyzewski. I am at work so I can't link the video but its called NBA2K the prelude on Youtube. Check it out, looks pretty awesome.

Edouble
08-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Coach K will be the voice of 2KU for 2K17:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/nba-2k17-and-the-quest-to-make-a-more-authentic-basketball-game

...the current US Olympic Dream Team team is also available along with celebrated college basketball coach of the Duke Blue Devils Mike “Coach K” Krzyzewski, who’s pulling double duty for his first 2K appearance: he will be the sideline coach for the current team, and the voice of the tutorial mode, called 2KU.

Indoor66
08-27-2016, 12:40 PM
As this thread is about a video game, isn't it more properly fit for the Off Topic Board?

mattman91
08-27-2016, 01:40 PM
As this thread is about a video game, isn't it more properly fit for the Off Topic Board?

Maybe, but most of the discussion has been about Coach K.

NashvilleDevil
08-27-2016, 01:58 PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/nba-2k17-and-the-quest-to-make-a-more-authentic-basketball-game

...the current US Olympic Dream Team team is also available along with celebrated college basketball coach of the Duke Blue Devils Mike “Coach K” Krzyzewski, who’s pulling double duty for his first 2K appearance: he will be the sideline coach for the current team, and the voice of the tutorial mode, called 2KU.

Cannot wait for people to complain that this helps him recruit.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
08-30-2016, 12:13 PM

Thats going to be pretty awesome, I am super pumped about this now.

Isaac Sours
08-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Here's a short clip showing my attempt at recreating Cameron Indoor (you can just barely see the Coach K Court logo near mid court in the background) and Duke uniforms in 2k16:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cckAzE/video/20408789

If you're wondering why Kyrie is #25 instead of #1, it's because I re-branded the Milwaukee Bucks, who retired their #1 jersey.

what game mode is this? MyGM?

kAzE
08-30-2016, 03:36 PM
what game mode is this? MyGM?

MyLeague, but you can do the same thing in MyGM

Isaac Sours
08-30-2016, 04:32 PM
MyLeague, but you can do the same thing in MyGM

Ah. Pretty sure I don't have access to those, being on XB360. But i'll remember it for when i upgrade.