PDA

View Full Version : RIP former Clemson player Demontez Stitt

Billy Dat
07-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Early reports say heart attack. Looks like he was having a very productive career overseas playing ball
http://www.eurohoops.net/backstage/280329/demontez-stitt-found-dead-at-27

@ClemsonMBB
With heavy hearts today we mourn the passing of Demontez Stitt, just 27 years old. RIP "Buddy," you will be missed.

@GaryParrishCBS
Demontez Stitt helped Clemson make four straight NCAA Tournaments while he was in college from 2007 to 2011. RIP

I always thought he was a bright spot for those late 2000s Clemson squads.

richardjackson199
07-13-2016, 11:25 AM
The typo misspelling of Stitt's name on the DBR Front Page article is a bit much.
"Demonize" Really?
I hope that gets fixed quickly.

(And while they're at it, I also was not able to access the Trae Young articles from the midweek recruiting update. Both Trae Young links also linked to the Bagley article.)

1999ballboy
07-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Yeah that's a pretty egregious autocorrect fail. At least I hope it was autocorrect rather than a manual typo.

DukieTiger
07-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Very sad news. I overlapped him on campus by a couple of years and he was a fan-favorite and great guy from all accounts I ever heard.

As a player, I always thought he was THE key to those Clemson teams that gave Duke trouble and had great success in the conference, even more so than Booker or the other talent they had in that golden era.

RIP.

-jk
07-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Yeah that's a pretty egregious autocorrect fail. At least I hope it was autocorrect rather than a manual typo.

I imagine it was autocorrect - it was correct in the article.

-jk

ipatent
07-13-2016, 07:13 PM
When you see a thread title like this, you know it isn't good news.

Newton_14
07-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Dang, hate this. Far too young to die. Prayers for his family.

I always liked him as a player. Thought he was a really good College Player.